Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

coilover bottom bush replacement info

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
playtime
Trc Off

coilover bottom bush replacement info

Postby playtime » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Oks, Ive finally got my low mileage (seemingly) jic magic coilovers delivered from Japan, and they are in lovely rust free condition, but I have noticed the 2 front coilovers have got a few wee cracks in the rubber bushes at the bottom of the coilovers.

Soooo, Im thinking of replacing them before I fit the coilovers into the car, and was hoping someone on here would be wise enough to recommend someone who could supply new bushes. Was thinking uprated but not sure if thats a good idea on these cars, but open to all suggestions, from standard rubber ones to any uprated options. I assume, it will just be me having to give the diameter of the hole the bush needs to go into, and the diameter of the steel tube that fits through the middle of the bush, and away I go?

Any useful info gratefully accepted! :)

miles
Trc Off

Re: coilover bottom bush replacement info

Postby miles » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Anyone shed any info!?

tomo
Altezza Guru

Postby tomo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 pm

If they are smaller than standard shock bushes you might be able to get some uprated standard size shock bushes and trim them down, if they are bigger bigger you will have to find some for another car that will fit. Or try and find out if they are same as any more readily available coilover shock bushes.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:20 am

Same here although mine are uprated shocks not sure if standard bushes fit although the front or rears can't get as no part number for them can't remember which now, I have found a place for custom bushes and they will make them as you need and even have collars, sleeves if you need them, but expensive

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”