Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Speed sensitive PAS on Altezza?

Want to know what to brakes/springs to buy?
GordonRS200
Trc Off

Speed sensitive PAS on Altezza?

Postby GordonRS200 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi guys. Not sure if this is the right section but there isn't a 'steering' section. Anyway...
Does the Altezza have speed sensitive Power Steering?

My mates MR2 Turbo (also JDM and therefore converted from km/h to mph) had it fitted, but due to it reading off the now mph Speedo it always thought it was going 1.6x slower than it was and consiquently made the steering light when doing what was in reality a decent speed. Disabling this feature improved the high speed handling no end.

Reason i ask is, he drove the tezz the other day and again said the steering felt very light (even with my little 330mm steering wheel) so I'm wondering if the tezz has it too, and if so, how would i go about disabling it?

HKS200
Trc On!

Re: Speed sensitive PAS on Altezza?

Postby HKS200 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:22 pm

yeah i'm pretty certain our cars have speed sensitive steering. Theres no way to disable it and I don't know why you would want to. It's a hydraulic system.

Damok

Re: Speed sensitive PAS on Altezza?

Postby Damok » Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm only seeing this now. I don't think they do :wink: ,, Only car I ever drove with speed sensitive steering was a B4 Legacy,, It was really light at low speeds as speed picks up it get heavy . . Altezzas is the same all the time.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Return to “Brakes and Suspension”