Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Job dillemas whats your opinion ?

Anything not related to cars
t_sport190
Trc Off

Job dillemas whats your opinion ?

Postby t_sport190 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Dont think i said a month ago i was made redundent applied for lots jobs later in total, had interview today if and thats a IF i get accepted i start end of may and while i go home today i checked email i got accepted for another job but thats only for just over a month and finishes on 3/4th june ! so that clashes with that other job i applied for thats if i get accepted, so do i take this job ? whats your opinion ? not sure if they allow if i finish earlier than expected to go to that other job supposing i get accepted there. I dont want to reject this job and find i didnt get accepted in that other job !
Image Image

Damok

Re: Job dillemas whats your opinion ?

Postby Damok » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Whats the job ! !
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

If the one you've already been offered is only for a month and there's no chance of them keeping you on I'd say don't bother with it. If you don't get the second one you've only missed out on 4 weeks work whereas if you got offered both and took the first one neither party might like you either delaying or moving the start date forward! When will you know about the other one?
300 rwhp thanks to

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:22 pm

bit of a dilemma alright ... depends on what the job is I suppose, lots of people get short term contracts extended, but is the other job the one you'd prefer?

If it was me I'd take the first job and let everything else play out ... :|

t_sport190
Trc Off

Postby t_sport190 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm

Yeah tell me about it, lol the one offered is only a temp job, doing surveys, giving/helping people with questionnares, field work, seeing the weather is ok at the moment make bit of a change of being in office + giving me bit experience doing something bit different, make or break as to if i like it or not, if its winter hell no fo sure! its only done this time of year every year & it ends in june for everyone so no one get a permanent position anyway, only reason the money is good ! whereas the other job i got interviewed for is admin job, more less same job i did before by no means bad thing, that would start may 31st if i did get it.
Image Image

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Any idea when you'll know on the admin job?
300 rwhp thanks to

t_sport190
Trc Off

Postby t_sport190 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:05 pm

I now got it as i found out yesterday, yay ! start on monday originally the 31st may, not complaining, actually missed working, for past month doing few hrs a week evening at friends of family business isnt same, still greatful though as it was bit of extra money while i was looking for a job !
Image Image

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Wed May 11, 2011 9:49 pm

t_sport190 wrote:I now got it as i found out yesterday, yay ! start on monday originally the 31st may, not complaining, actually missed working, for past month doing few hrs a week evening at friends of family business isnt same, still greatful though as it was bit of extra money while i was looking for a job !

Snap! Found out today I got the job I wanted and starting monday as well! Seems we both had a good day :D
300 rwhp thanks to

Return to “Non-car related chat”