Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Long time no nothin

Anything not related to cars
elexes
Altezza Guru

Long time no nothin

Postby elexes » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 pm

hello fokes. its been a while i know but i thought it was best if i took myself away from all car forums for a while so i could save. ( it didnt work )

did i see mark in dundrum about two weeks ago ?

basicly what ive been up to for the last while is sfa. trying to save but failed, ive been to busy at work and every bill under the sun seemed to crop up . about two months ago ( maby more ) somone nicked my evo and burned the thing out. still didnt get a replacement car but hope to shortly once the insurace company pay up. thinking i need a jeep of some sort to help toe the tezz about .

driving around the last while made me realise how dangerious these roads can be in cars that are not kept by people who love cars. i was given a ciquiento for two weeks in replacement of the evo and tho i thought the size of it was handy i just did not feel safe in it at all. then i moved over to a opel asta and felt equally as bad. bmw's have crap suspensions that dont seem to like corners and pugs just want to spin the front wheels .

how do people drive around in these cars without looking at the tyres that are on them.

first question of two.

going to start the altezza for the first time in 6 months. what should i do first ?

second question .

need to build a custom body kit . ( think along the lines of btcc ) would prefer somone that has worked in making strong light kits before.

oops a third question

i need a rear wing. dose anyone have any sites that short the positive's and neg about using the different types of wings ( i need downforce and probably wider tyres i dono yet)

anyway im off to try and sort out the altezza now . hope your all keeping well and sticking to the rwd ways .
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Re: Long time no nothin

Postby moomoo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:57 pm

welcome back :wink:

elexes wrote: i was given a ciquiento for two weeks in replacement of the evo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bad luck on the evo though

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 pm

welcome back. saw the progress a while back. am i right in saying its going to be a track car when its done? you keeping that mad exhaust system?

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 pm

welcome back, sorry to hear about ur evo, best of luck with ur continued build

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Yeepeee Elexes ur back Image Image
Ur right its so hard to keep a good car in this country with the roads :twisted: but dont get me started on that subject
Sorry to hear about the evo :evil:
If its been 6months since u started the tez do an oil and filter & check all ur water levels, hope its had straight coolant in it all this time. Make sure you leave it ticking over for about 15-20mins check all ur levels again before you bring it for a spin :wink:
Have a word with Martin French on the site he customised his kit so he might have a few tips for ya :wink:
Good to have u back :mrgreen:

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Welcome back Ian :D

only got my own Tezza back a few days ago, friggin timing belt snapped and fecked up the valves ... took over 3 months to sort :(

i drove an 206 and an Astra over the last few weeks too :P

Maybe see ya at a meet sometime :wink:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 pm

Welcome back Ian, i though the worst about you and though something serious happened! As Ev said, Martin French be your man to talk to about kits. Im sure he will sort you out considering your car! You would give him a run for his money.

mfrench is his user name i think

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Good to see ya back lad. Sorry to hear about the Evo :evil: :evil:

Return to “Non-car related chat”