Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Electrican strike

Anything not related to cars
mick kehoe
Tezza Fanatic!

Electrican strike

Postby mick kehoe » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 am

Hey everyone eat do ya think of the strike going on with the sparkys for more money?!! I'm a sparky and think it's stupid that I'm happy to have my job!.... with the way the contry not many people have jobs or able to give money.... So what do ya think? Or am I wrong?

Evelyn

Re: Electrican strike

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 am

I am going to be shot for saying it but I think its stupid aswell. I know people are stuggling to pay bills at the moment but if people couldnt hang on for another 6 to 8 months things will surely pick up. You dont want my opionion how to to run the country because ye would be hiding :twisted:

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 am

no point getting an increase today and being jobless in a month.

dlocko
Altezza Guru

Postby dlocko » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 am

moomoo wrote:no point getting an increase today and being jobless in a month.

hit the nail on the head

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:23 pm

dlocko wrote:

hit the nail on the head

x2 they're idiots! With the way the construction & allied trades have gone they should be thankful to have a job forget getting an increase!
300 rwhp thanks to

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Postby roundymoony » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:26 pm

X3 very lucky to have Jobs at the moment.

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:35 pm

i thinks its stupid, looking for an increase when everyone else is taking a pay cut and glad to take the cut to keep their jobs, in the electrician industry the work is getting less and less every week mainly due to the construction industry colasping, i just cant understand why they are doing this

Dek
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Dek » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:48 pm

There just been greedy now and there biting the hand thats feeding them.. And as others have said with the way the construction industry is gone gone they could be protesting for an increase in the dole!!

rono
Trc Off

Postby rono » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Uz dont know about the half of it,all uz are hearing about is the 11% increase.That isnt goin to happen and anyone who is striking knows that,but what you are not hearing about is the 10% they want to take off us,the overtime restrictions,the travel money and country money being scraped,having to supply your own power tools,stupid no phone rules, geting unqualified people in to do electrical work for 75% of a sparks wage which means all the foreigners can come in,this would ruin the trade. And this is just the start all the other trades will go the same way.
The employers have allready been paid these increases anyway when they priced the jobs but havent passed the money onto the workers and just pocketed the money. We cant afford to strike but we cant just lye there and take it.Forget about the increase thats just bad publicity its the cuts and these stupid rules we dont want.the bosses are rich enough,they have been riping us off long enough.

:evil:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:28 pm

Everyone is forced to take a cut in there wages. My fella works for the VEC as a caretaker and all of the above applies to him there is a massive amount coming out of his wages every month. He works 7hrs overtime every week and isnt going to get paid for it anymore.
Yes the media focused on the 11% and that’s why people aren’t inclined to give ye sympathy & also a lot of people are under the impression electricians are well paid?

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:40 pm

i think its a joke there are alot of lads on the dole that would love to have a job happy to get any money at all lets face it the dole money wouldnt go to far!!!
i took a cut but im still happy to have a job the money im on is still alot better than the dole nd there is a lot of lads that would be glad to be in my position... i think they should be happy to have a job i wouldnt like to try paying the bills on the dole so im happy.. by the way im a fitter the least paid trade going but it could be a lot worse
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

GreddRob
Altezza Guru

Postby GreddRob » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:58 pm

They shouldn't get it and f*** them, There is a lad out of work for every each one of them that will take there place. I'm a scaffolder so Im in the construction trade. With my pay cuts and they stopped my travel and the government levy Im down 400 euro a week. YES 400.I was due a pay rise this year as well and I didn't get it. So why should the Sparks get it. They have no backing from any of the other trades.

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Lads and ladies there is one major problem your missing here........................................ UNIONS dont care what anybody says, they always spell disaster!

Yes wages might be tight and jobs disappearing every day but look at the union "officials" representing the workers, they dont have small salaries and at the end of the day couldnt give a toss about workers or employers except when there's a camera around, they just care about the fat pay check

Striking in a recession isnt exactly a great idea... like the lads are saying, plenty of people willing to work for less just so they can have a job!

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm a sparks as well an I think it's stupid that the unions want more money. Like the lads said there's no point in getting an increase and then being jobless in a while

Keith83
Trc On!

Postby Keith83 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:44 pm

rono wrote:Uz dont know about the half of it,all uz are hearing about is the 11% increase.That isnt goin to happen and anyone who is striking knows that,but what you are not hearing about is the 10% they want to take off us,the overtime restrictions,the travel money and country money being scraped,having to supply your own power tools,stupid no phone rules, geting unqualified people in to do electrical work for 75% of a sparks wage which means all the foreigners can come in,this would ruin the trade. And this is just the start all the other trades will go the same way.
The employers have allready been paid these increases anyway when they priced the jobs but havent passed the money onto the workers and just pocketed the money. We cant afford to strike but we cant just lye there and take it.Forget about the increase thats just bad publicity its the cuts and these stupid rules we dont want.the bosses are rich enough,they have been riping us off long enough.

Im a Plant fitter and we had to take a 10% cut on wages,no more tea/lunch money, trackers in the vans, ban on overtime, we had short time for 4 months, going back on it soon.
Get over it sparks everyone is in the same boat.
Our company still has loads of directors and managers and i haven't seen them take a pay cut.took many chefs i say.and we have had plenty of redundances.

:evil:
Still need something faster

Return to “Non-car related chat”