Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

how pissed would you be ?

Anything not related to cars
elexes
Altezza Guru

how pissed would you be ?

Postby elexes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:49 pm

weve all lost something or had somone rob something from you at school or work at this stage.

i remember when i lost the first nokia camera phone. yes it was a brick but i loved it . very handy phone. i was furious could of killed people

imagine tho if i had a gps locator on the phone. id of been around to the guys house in minits with a few of the lads saying things like
thats just not on

and handing out some well deserved ass rapeage.

now imagine your a prince in UAE only to find out that your Supertanker full of €100,000,000 of fule has been taken and your employee's taken hostage.

id be onto the americans to get my boat back and leave no one alive.

its just not on. they know where the ship is . they know there is 300+ people held hostage from other ships are but they wont do anything.

thoughts ?
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:09 pm

I think they do something about it. The US would be well able to carry out some kind of special ops (navy seals or the like) and re take the boat, it's what they're trained for after all :idea:

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:11 pm

I thought i heard something on the radio today, India's navy opened fire on the pirates? anybody hear the full story? :?

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:16 pm

they bombed the pirates own ship but they fled on 2 speed boats

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Yeah the Indian Navy came across what they described as a "pirate mothership" with two speed boats in tow. Must have been based on the ship and then using the speed boats to board other ships. There were pirates on the deck with machine guns and RPGs and they opened fire on the Indian ship who returned fire. The pirate ship was on fire and they fled on the speed boats. Nobody actually saw the pirate ship sink which I thought was weird.

Also if the US are able to track that yacht that brought the drugs here (they followed it via satellite from Miami) why can't they track the pirate ships and help co-ordinate attacks on them???

I read as well that there were US Navy ships in the region but "there were no plans for them to engage the pirates". What's that about?

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 pm

The ship + cargo is insured. Hence why they're not up in arms, literally.

There's constant hostage taking of oil workers in South America, ransom is just considered a cost to the business.

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Still though $100m of oil is not to be sniffed at. Plus if they were really smart like me they could hold some country with a lot of coast that has lots of tourism for ransom, say if they don't pay up they'll blow up the oil tanker off the coast and the oil would destroy their coast :idea: :idea:

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:07 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:Still though $100m of oil is not to be sniffed at. Plus if they were really smart like me they could hold some country with a lot of coast that has lots of tourism for ransom, say if they don't pay up they'll blow up the oil tanker off the coast and the oil would destroy their coast :idea: :idea:

^^the irish bin laden^^

good plan though :twisted:

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:15 pm

moomoo wrote:
KaTaLy5t wrote:Still though $100m of oil is not to be sniffed at. Plus if they were really smart like me they could hold some country with a lot of coast that has lots of tourism for ransom, say if they don't pay up they'll blow up the oil tanker off the coast and the oil would destroy their coast :idea: :idea:

^^the irish bin laden^^

good plan though :twisted:

It's true though, just imagine if they thought of that and they decided to do it. They'd destroy a whole country for years! I just think it's stupid that nobody is doing anything about it.

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:55 am

How long till he ships going through the area arm themselves with rocket launchers to shoot at the first sign of a small fast boat that sort of looks like maybe it could have pirates on it?
98 RS200z 6MT

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 am

alimac wrote:How long till he ships going through the area arm themselves with rocket launchers to shoot at the first sign of a small fast boat that sort of looks like maybe it could have pirates on it?

think they have already done it .
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:27 pm

the arab owners are supposed to be negoiating a ransom with the pirates, "to try and reolve the differences", he also said they will not negoiate with pirates/terrorists, seem like their contradicting themselves

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:57 pm

I reckon some one needs to offer the US a bit of a "cheap oil if you come help us out" deal. Send an aircraft carrier battle-group and they'd sort out any pirate ships within a couple of weeks :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “Non-car related chat”