ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

New tv?

Anything not related to cars
ISred02
Altezza Guru

New tv?

Postby ISred02 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey guys,I went looking at the KDL55HX853BU Sony 55" LED 3D smart tv yesterday in Harvey Normans and pretty much fell in love and am seriously considering getting it. It took awhile to scrape the pennies together,since I'm not working but me thinks it a pretty good investment since I'm at home with the kids and a fan of flicks! Does anybody have one or know if,basically,it's work the shackles? Cheers :wink:
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: New tv?

Postby E910 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:47 am

Nice telly & gets good reviews but thats a hell of a lot of coin to drop on one if you don't have a job. Hardly an investment but it's hard to convince yourself otherwise when you want something new & shiny.

The 2013 models will be coming out in the next few months so you should be able to pick up the out going 2012 range at a discounted price. Panasonic & Samsung make some decent LED as well. I've got a 2011 42" Panasonic LED IPS-Alpha (non-3D) that I'm more than happy with. I couldn't justify spending any more than about €800-€1000 on a telly when I could spend it on the car instead :lol:

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:03 am

led tvs I've heard arn't very reliable always having problems not sure what problems, the tech is to new at the moment, also arnt too good on fast moving pictures better

thats what I've been told, get a new lcd which will be better

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 am

I am a bit mad about TVs in general and also in the place where I work we fix televisions ;) So I would recomend Samsung UE55ES6800 (2core CPU) if You have that much money to spend. E910 is right, You can wait for something new to show up and as well wait for the 2012 models prices come down a bit. Be advise that older LED TV have better quality displays (class 1) which means no hot pixles can show up, where now manufactures now put class 2 displays that allow some red, green, white etc pixels to show up. All this to lower the price. My dad buy himself UE40ES6300 I think and already have 2 hot pixels..

LED TV are very reliable. I have my one now 2.5 years (model: UE40C6530). Where here in the shop people bring in only LCD and plasmas TVs. Main reason is not coming on because power supply blown or caps on board. All because of heat that TV generate (mid-high power consumption 150W or more). Worst case scenario is whole board or boards needs to be replaced $$ we never had any LED to fix yet, all this thanks to low power consumption and no heat is generated. Any more hesitating or enquiry post here 8)
D700 / RS200

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Cheers for the info guys
@E910 I hear what your saying about the price but if I said that about my cars,they would never have been modified :wink: . I was toying with the idea of getting a 'charger for the car,which I've wanted for awhile,but the car will be going up for sale soon as i need something a little less thirsty and boring :( . So to counter balance this,a "big" tv is going to be my best friend for the foreseeable :lol: :wink:
@banan1984 thanks for the good advice,I will take that onboard :wink: . I have a Samsung ps42b451b2w plasma at the mo,but has become a dated and heavy tv. It has never given me a days problem and am a fan of Samsung,but beside an LED Tv,there's no comparison in picture quality.
I'm not fully sold on the tv yet so will keep looking around or as you've both said,wait until the 2013 model comes out and snap up a bargain. Now the guy in Harvey Normans is giving me the tv,3D blu-ray and monster hdmi cable for 2g. A fair price?
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:50 am

I see the Sony is currently €1730 at Currys. €270 seems like a lot to me for an HDMI cable & 3D Blu-Ray player. There's no difference between a expensive Monster cable, reasonably priced Sony one or a cheap no-name brand. Tell him €1800 for the lot or GTFO. Hopefully you've got a decent surge protector already otherwise get him to through one in too. Power surges are the biggest killer of LED, LCD & Plasma TVs.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 am

E910 wrote:I see the Sony is currently €1730 at Currys. €270 seems like a lot to me for an HDMI cable & 3D Blu-Ray player. There's no difference between a expensive Monster cable, reasonably priced Sony one or a cheap no-name brand. Tell him €1800 for the lot or GTFO. Hopefully you've got a decent surge protector already otherwise get him to through one in too. Power surges are the biggest killer of LED, LCD & Plasma TVs.

I checked pcworld/currys and didnt see that price. Will check it again,cheers dude. The surge protector is a must alright,have it for all my electrical goodies. I'll call into him today and call his bluff,probably will tell him to GTFO!! :lol: :lol:

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 pm

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 pm

So I've decided to go with the Samsung UE55ES6300UXXU. It's going for €1499 in powercity. It's the best all rounder they have for a good price. It just means I have a few quid left over to get a 3D blu-ray player for it now. I'll get it over the next wk as we're moving house so will be all ready to go when I'm in :D . I can post a comment about it when I have her. Thanks for the various bits of advice, helped me to decide in the end :wink:

Garth02
Noob!

Postby Garth02 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 am

Anybody here know how to attach the tv with security cameras. Actually I have bought a new tv and I want to attache cctv camera for getting direct view. the cameras was installed with my old one. so if someone know how to do it then must tell me. thanks in advance.

Return to “Non-car related chat”