Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Anything not related to cars
User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Anyone on site do any form of martial art, Kickboxing, Karate, Judo or the like :?:

I'm just looking for info on where to get gear and bits :?
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
donut46
Meath Rep
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: navan co. meath
Contact:

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby donut46 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Tip up to navan young grasshopper you can practice the wax on wax off technique on my car!

Pm dmcgarry on here or see his signature think its has a link to a martial arts site in Ireland young Damo-san
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

donut46 wrote:Tip up to navan young grasshopper you can practice the wax on wax off technique on my car!

Pm dmcgarry on here or see his signature think its has a link to a martial arts site in Ireland young Damo-san



:lol: :lol: :lol: Wax on wax off :lol: :lol: :lol: You put in the seat and I'l wax your car :wink:

I know his link but its the suit I'm looking for info on, No point sending him a PM because I dont know the last time he was on here :wink:

:D
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
donut46
Meath Rep
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: navan co. meath
Contact:

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby donut46 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Get your arse in gear and get that seat up to me Im free most Saturdays now after 1!

Found this might be useful for ye

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 4113983267

:lol: :lol: :lol:
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

donut46 wrote:Found this might be useful for ye

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... 4113983267

:lol: :lol: :lol:



8) 8) 8) I've been looking for one of them for ages for the bike , thats well cool, thanks for the link :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 pm

:? :cry: :cry: Anyone :cry:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
Noel
Moderator
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: oldville

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Noel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Damon,
Usually the club you join can supply the kit or normally they should have a discount arranged with a local fitness store...

I did tae kwon do for six months but it got boring always pulling punches/ kicks ... If I was to do it again I'd join somewhere that you put of the protective gear and go for it... You'll learn more getting your ass kicked than learning fancy moves that are just for show

Cheers
Noel

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Did the boxing and fitness Noel for a year and it wasnt for me :cry: . The guy I do traning with now told me to hold of on getting the bits to make sure I'l like what I'm doing, , I found a suit on line and not sure about sizes :oops:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
Noel
Moderator
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: oldville

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Noel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Damok wrote:Did the boxing and fitness Noel for a year and it wasnt for me :cry: . The guy I do traning with now told me to hold of on getting the bits to make sure I'l like what I'm doing, , I found a suit on line and not sure about sizes :oops:


That's fair enough, but you really need to try them on though as they'll need to be big enough for action without swimming inside ...


What "art" and you practising ???

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Noel wrote:
Damok wrote:Did the boxing and fitness Noel for a year and it wasnt for me :cry: . The guy I do traning with now told me to hold of on getting the bits to make sure I'l like what I'm doing, , I found a suit on line and not sure about sizes :oops:


That's fair enough, but you really need to try them on though as they'll need to be big enough for action without swimming inside ...


What "art" and you practising ???


Ok thanks for that Noel, ,

I'm practising Aikido, , Its good and I like it but still new to it so abit slow at it :oops:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

User avatar
Noel
Moderator
Posts: 3726
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: oldville

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Noel » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 pm

You been watching Steven Segal movies over Christmas :P

That's his art if I'm not mistaken, class 8)

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Noel wrote:You been watching Steven Segal movies over Christmas :P

That's his art if I'm not mistaken, class 8)


:lol: :lol: No, I was shown some of it when I was doing something :twisted: :twisted: and It got me interested, I'm finding it hard to learn but I've only done 6or7 hours and about 2hours with the jo :wink: Everyone strats some place though :)

Some of the bit we have done are used here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ4EmcLnBTA

Your dead right thats his art. . :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

dangerdan
Trc On!
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby dangerdan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:18 pm

I did aikido for 2years now doing MMA looking to get my first fight end of year

dangerdan
Trc On!
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby dangerdan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:29 pm

Problem I found with aikido is it's useless in a real situation soon as the person ur against uses force to get out of what your doing it all goes tits up I also found that there are very few clubs in the uk that are any good I was lucky to have a club that was good I mean if you go to the Folkestone event you will see how perfectic some clubs are our club use to get moaned at for putting a simple lock on most clubs train like ur made of glass and everything must be done soft with no pins

IMO if there's other arts near you try them out bjj would be a good choice only thing aikido taught me was use off weak lines and how to get pins now when I do bjj I learn quicker as I get technique quicker

Made it upto green ready for blue belt befor I got bored and needed that challenge lol

User avatar
Damok
Moderator
Posts: 5111
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:08 pm

Re: Anyone do any form of Martial Art?

Postby Damok » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 pm

dangerdan wrote:Problem I found with aikido is it's useless in a real situation soon as the person ur against uses force to get out of what your doing it all goes tits up I also found that there are very few clubs in the uk that are any good I was lucky to have a club that was good I mean if you go to the Folkestone event you will see how perfectic some clubs are our club use to get moaned at for putting a simple lock on most clubs train like ur made of glass and everything must be done soft with no pins

IMO if there's other arts near you try them out bjj would be a good choice only thing aikido taught me was use off weak lines and how to get pins now when I do bjj I learn quicker as I get technique quicker

Made it upto green ready for blue belt befor I got bored and needed that challenge lol


Fair points made, But I'm not going to be using it for fighting, For what I would be using it for I find it good. :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting


Return to “Non-car related chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests