Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Thinking Of Selling

Anything related to cars
Damok

Thinking Of Selling

Postby Damok » Tue May 24, 2011 1:02 pm

:? I'm thinking of selling the tezz :? I just wanted to talk to some car heads about it, as I'm in 2minds :evil:

At the min, I'm not really driving and the car really is'nt getting use :( So far it's doing around 20KMs a week and when I'm in college that goes up to 40-50KMs a week, Thats total for 7days a week, Not a day :shock:

The good points about the tezz are:
It's cheap to run, then again doing 40-50KMs a week what car wouldnt be :roll:
Cheap insurance for what it is, 380TPFT this year.
Nerer let me down,, Then again with all the new parts it wouldnt want to.
Everyone looks at it because it's different or ugly I guess :lol: depending on the light.

The Bad points:
I'm always minding it, always watching were I park it and so on.
I'm always spending money on it, even if it dosent need it, changing parts, new parts, swapping parts etc.

At the min the way the car stands in my eyes, It needs a service its done just under 5000Kms since its last service so it needs, plugs,oil, oil filter. (standard Bits)
I would also like to do get the maf cleaned, TB cleaned and intake cleaned, New lamba sensor, gearbox oil, diff oil changed its 2years old, coolant changed its 2years old,
and just the front belts tightened. :?
Also have new alloys to fit and put tyres on,
And have a bucket seat to fit but cant get anyone to fit it for me
:cry: :cry:

So I'm in 2minds as to sell it, I know I will be at a serious loss if I sold it :cry: , and would be sorry BUT In ways I feel I'm ruining the car by not driving it, Would I be better of with an altezza thats standard and up the years I dont know, I'm at a loss :idea: should I do the work? "most I would do before I'd sell it anyway" and just keep it or is it time for a change after 4years :?:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Re: Thinking Of Selling

Postby Alex-evita » Tue May 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Damo DONT DO IT :o you spend so much love ,time,and money.keep it its not wort sell a good car tezzas very cheap now :(
do it once and do it right !!!

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Tue May 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Think of it this way, how much would you REALLY miss it if you sold it on???
CAUTION!!....1 JZ Conversion under Construction!!

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue May 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Damok wrote: Would I be better of with an altezza thats standard and up the years I dont know, 4years

If you buy a standard one, after a couple of weeks your going to hate the look of it and start modifying again, sure wasn't yours standard when you bought it anyway

as for mileage, i'm getting nearly a month a fill but getting rid of it never crossed my mind (going straight into storage once I start working :D ) Another 20yrs they'll be vintage, scarse and more valuable :wink:

With the prices they're going at are you going to get over €5000? It would piss you off if you seen it on youtube getting its a**e diffed off.

Once it remains reliable and insurance is cheap, I wouldn't even consider newer standard ones

Noel

Postby Noel » Tue May 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't think you'll get what it's worth so unless you really need to sell it? I wouldn't...

You'll have lads pissing you off, offering 2.5 to 3 grand for a 98 ... :(

nenaghcorolla
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby nenaghcorolla » Tue May 24, 2011 2:58 pm

dont think there is any point selling it lad... ya will get offered f*** all for it as lads think altezzas are worthless these days.... and if ya did sell it id say you would regret it....

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Tue May 24, 2011 3:06 pm

I also thought about it, but you will never get what you spent on it and in the end you'll miss it and want it back and after your back to where you started again...
Life Looks Better When Going Sidewayz

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 24, 2011 3:10 pm

I know I wouldnt get much for it :roll: Would more than likely hold out for around €5000 for it see as the condition its in, :!: , I had it for sale before a few times and got stupid offers of rough civics and stuff that didnt interested me at all at the time :? , got a few offers the last time of evos which I was interested in but not really workable seen as I'm in college and insurance and maintance of them, Hopeful when I'm finnished.

Might get shot for this but wouldnt mind a clean, looked after type R integra/civic if there is such thing anymore, Really like the EK9 civcis but have a soft spot for the EP3's of late. or even a 5or7series BMW :?

Oh I dont know :cry:

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm

yeah a 7 series would be the business but do you really want to pay the tax for one and I'm guessing parts/servicing wouldn't be the cheapest

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 24, 2011 3:31 pm

I know huge tax and bills if things go wrong, aswell as tyres would cost a fortune.
They just look nice and seem to be going for good money :?

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 pm

tuff 1 mate

I hardly drive mine, I tend not to use it for the running around in ( use the other halfs Yaris Tsport :wink: for the short trips ) I use the tezza for more trips out or the weekends. but when I drive her it always makes me smile.
I think you need to get out and drive and enjoy it a bit more and then see how you feel, if it's not a massive drain on your pocket there's no hurry and if you don't enjoy the car any more then maybe it is time for a change. but do you think if you had a different car you would drive that more, and what ever car you have your always worry about.
I don't see the point in buying another tezza (unless it's boosted) you may as well enjoy all the hard work you've put into yours.
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

P.D.87RWD
Altezza Guru

Postby P.D.87RWD » Tue May 24, 2011 9:10 pm

hold onto it your insurance cost and other costs are small and you have put alot of work into it and you would miss it more and more every week it's gone..

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Tue May 24, 2011 9:52 pm

something ive been thinking about too, but what i want and what id get for it are two different things and i dont think i could compromise, i dont do much driving at all either, but im not pushed on buying anything else modified at the minute and not pushed on having anyhigh tax or insurance again so im going to hold on for the next few months anyway,

oh and if i see you in a honda ill kill you :lol: :lol: i wouldnt buy a beemer either had a e46ci before the altezza and it broke my heart, very unreliable and genuine replacement parts were crazy money!! i loved them wanted one since i was 18 but never been let down by a car as much
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Tue May 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Don't do it Damok, you spend to much time effort and you won't be able to get that back.
And if you are in doubt that means it also has sentimental value to you also.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

thefridge
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby thefridge » Tue May 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Oh my head is wrecked too. I have an offer of €3500 for my car there. I feel its worth more, only needs a few very snall things. It's my every day car so costs me quite a bit on petrol/tax. Job is not secure at the moment so thinking of getting something smaller but love the car so its a head melting decision.

Advise welcome

Return to “Car chat”