ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

So How often do you get stopped by the Garda.

Anything related to cars
Damok

So How often do you get stopped by the Garda.

Postby Damok » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 am

Right, I'm not talking about check points, But stopped.

In my 6+ years I've been stopped twice :oops:
Once for going to slow over speed bumps :? It was a Built up area and kids around so you can never be to sure :wink: , Then once for exiting a round about to quick :shock: BUT the guard that stopped me that time just wanted to see who I was as he just checked my Licence and than was talking to me about the car . .
The 2times i was stopped were in the last 2years , So i guess i get stopped once in the blue moon :wink:

So what about you :?:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Re: So How often do you get stopped by the Garda.

Postby Richie_c » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 am

Excluding checkpoints I think I've been stopped three times, all for speeding! Got done for two of them! The first time I got away with doing 90mhp in a 60 :lol: Was heading away for a bank holiday weekend with a decent crew and was rushing to get to the hotel and bar! That was in an E46 318 Coupe, dunno how I got away with it, must have been the suit :lol:

Next was just a normal stupid speel limit! Third time was on the way to sleek in 09, 162kph on the motorway, luckily only got 2 points and the fine instead of getting the cuffs slapped on and thrown in the back of the squad car so can't really complain about that!

Forgot about this but in 2005 was stopped on the way to Galway with the lads! Not joking, had been on the road 2 minutes and was stopped! We were all out the night before and one of the lads was at a fancy dress and went as a mexican gunslinger type guy! He was still wearing it and was hanging out the window shooting people with a toy gun and they pulled us for that :lol: an actual quote " how are we to know that's not a real gun" :lol: Followed shortly by the sound of the gun making a stupid noise as one of them pulled the trigger at the side of the car!
300 rwhp thanks to

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm

twice in 6 years, all in the altezza (3yrs)

Once they followed me into college car park asked for licence a walked around the car and took a picture :roll: , were sound enough, just talked about the car for a few minutes and went after a civic

once for speeding (98km in 80km area main road good surface stupid speed limit :evil: ), prick said he might left me off with a warning, two weeks later have the fine and points

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:39 pm

when i got the car first 3 years ago i got pulled over all the time. could nearly guarantee getting pulled over if it was dark. easily 20 times in the first year( never got done for anything because i was never doing anything wrong)One time got pulled over on halloween eve. five of us dressed up as flamingos. The (female) guard playing the big man saying ''you think your funny in your costumes dont you?''. I mean have a bit of a sense of humour.and in the last two years never been pulled over.

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Postby roundymoony » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm

In the first two wks of getting the Skyline I was stopped 11times in my home town.I had everything in order and they checked everything!!
Since I have the tez may be twice,one being for a chat about the car. :lol:

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 pm

have been driving for 3 and haf years and no lie must have been stopped over 25 times ....loud exhaust the biggest reason! my own fault really!

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm

twice with the altezza in 2 1/2 years, first was got stopped in town the weekend i got the car for having my yellow fogs on the front :roll: :roll: :roll: and not having the tax or nct displayed even though i only collected it that morning!!

2nd time got stopped for having the fog lights again and the exhaust was a bit loud nut had only passed the nct with it on the same week so was just the usual chat!!

love my fog lights 8) :lol:

used to always get stopped in the beemer before it i think they thought i was a drug dealer :lol: :lol: more time getting the car searched used to wreck my head!!
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:42 pm

i got stopped twice once for speeding (100kph in a 80kph road a big open road with an overtaking lane and it was only 80kph :roll: )

the second was for have my yellow fogs on during the day, no hassle really from them other than that in the last 2 1/2 years

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:09 pm

I've only been stopped once and that was coming through waterford doing 70km in a 60km on a dual carriageway . The Guard said I was getting 2 points and a fine . He was just finished with me when a civic flew up the opposite side ( stupid fella ... the blue lights were flashing on the cop car) so the guard took after him.

I never did get the fine or points so thanks Mr.Civic
:lol:

One weird expierence I had at a check point was when I had a young guard stick his head in the passenger window and start chatting up the girlfriend ...... he was so how are you blaaa blaa blaa all smiles but in a sleezy way as i drove off I was did that just happen but we just laughed about it .... pervy guard :roll:

Shockraiser
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Shockraiser » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 am

Ok Guys,

I've Had 5 Cars in the space of 5 Years to date & I think I've been Stopped about 5 or 6 times excluding Checkpoints :evil: :evil:

The first ever time I was stopped I was on a Provisional License and only on the road a couple of months Driving my 2001 Nissan Micra :oops: (The Most Reliable Car I have EVER Owned :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) My friend at the Time had a Fiat Punto & we decided to race side by side down a 50km Built up area while playing with indicators and flashing Lights :lol: :lol: Whlie all this was in progress little did we know a Marked Squad Car was Behind us in the Distance.....With Raging Sirens abd Blue Flashing Lights we got pulled over & no word of a lie, 5 Gardai stepped out of the Car :shock: :shock: I thought my Life was over :lol: They must have Smelled the Foul Smell coming from my car when I S**t my Pants & Let me off with a warning :lol: My friend was'nt so lucky though as he had a full License & Got TOTALLY Done.....What Can I say I was young & Immature :twisted: :twisted:

Another time I got Stopped was a Saturday Night Coming Back to my hometown from the Highland Night Club in Newmarket while I was Driving my Mitsubishi Evo V (I miss it :( ) On the way back through Kanturk I passed a Modified Ford Focus which was pulled in at the roadside which I didnt take any notice of....coming back a Long straight back road a Car Suddenly Comes behind me at Speed so Straight away it Clicked...The Focus :roll: :roll: I Booted on a bit & at this Stage I was Doing 120km in a 80km Zone....This Car Seemed to be Very Close to me & Kept Flashing & Flashing & then my girlfriend in the passenger seat turns to me and says "Anthony ! Thats the Guards Like !!!" I rearranged my rear View Mirror to see Flashing blue Lights & a Ban-Garda in the Passenger Seat Bursting Laughing :lol: :lol: My Rear Spoiler was blocking Visibility of the Blue Lights in my mirror :oops: :oops: I apparently was supposed to get a Fine & Penalty points but never Got them after :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Surprisingly I have never gotten Stopped in the Tezza yet even with my ever so noticable Yellow Dims & Fogs :lol: :lol: Even Drove Straight through a Checkpoint with them.....

Good Times.....Good Times :D

"Drifting is the Art of being in Control while Out of Control"

Dek
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Dek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Ah ye'r lucky lads, iv always been hounded no matter what car iv had and had done nothing to draw there attention!! No exaggeration iv been stopped well over 50 times now!! :shock:

fixitpa
Trc On!

Postby fixitpa » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm

i got stopped a few times not much anymore tho ..here is some of the examples i got stopped for first night i had the car i got stopped for my rear number place the number 7 on the reg number was missing black paint off it ..told me get a new number plate instead i just coloured it in with black marker haha and the other time then was a 2 or 3 weeks after i getting the car i got pulled again but this time they took out a camera and started taking photos of my engine and the manifold ect.. and they said they were going checking the photos to make sure the engine was standard ...i live in mitchelstown and they dont have better things to be doing down here.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 pm

(Touch wood) I've never been stopped in nearly 3 years of ownership. We're allowed radar detectors over here so that helps avoid tickets on the open road. Mind you I don't really speed all that much, just like to cruse at 110km (70mph) ish which is a little fast than the limit of 100/62.

jamieae111
Trc Off

Postby jamieae111 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:56 pm

myself and dec above are from the same town n all ov ye are so lucky :shock: iv ben on the road 2 1/2 years prob ben stopped 15 times :( mre of da lads get stopped even mre :lol: last friday nite da gaurds wanted ta tow my car away coz its scrappin off da groun they said :lol: .. they didn fet it tho :P also hav 4 pen points ha

Ricky
Trc Off

Postby Ricky » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am

Bar check points I can honestly say I have never been pulled over and I have no penalty points at all and that's with driving 5 years this week :mrgreen:

Return to “Car chat”