Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Insurance, I am being refused quotes!!

Anything related to cars
Evelyn

Insurance, I am being refused quotes!!

Postby Evelyn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 pm

My insurance is up renewal & its gone up by €185. My policy I know is probably not massive money compared to alot of the other guys here and what yer paying. My gripe is they just expect you to pay the extra money and not even ask why its gone up, but apparently it down to the Altezza now being a grade 6 on the insurance scale!!!
So my response to the phone call was "look lady I have never paid that & never will so I will shop around". She just said "fine and if you get a cheaper quote we will match it".
I taught no problem!!! boy was I wrong. I rang a few companies that where about €250 to €350 more that what I am currently paying and the the main insurance group Quinn Direct said because I was with them previously and left them that they will no longer quote me!!!!! WTF thats about I dont know, its like you can never leave them once you go with them??
FBD also said they wouldn't quote me because of the Altezza being a grade 6, my understanding is the scale goes up to 10 so 6 really isnt the highest. Have the insurance companies suddenly turned against Altezzas?

Damok

Re: Insurance, I am being refused quotes!!

Postby Damok » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:06 pm

I think its just jap cars full stop are the problem and the young lads behind the wheel :roll: . . I myself am with quinn and my insurance was up in June so i didnt even shop around. They sent a quote for €650ISH and i let it go they rang me to see was i happy and would i take it. I just said NO, i got a quote of there online system for €450 and would take that. They girl on the phone said she couldnt do better than that but that was for a new policy with them. So off she went did her numbers came back with €480ish TPFT :? I was happy with that.. To me insurance in this country is all wrong. It should be the person thats insured NOT the car, That way there would be no loop holes for lads and girls to insure micras and drive EVO's etc :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm

From what i have heared nearly all insurance policys have gone up around €200 this year even for standered cars
GALWAY REP

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Ya they have gone up in the last 2 yrs but I have never been declined a quote. Let them quote even if its on the high side but to refuse a quote is just mad!! I just hope its not going like motorbikes where theres only 2 companies left as competition. And your right Damien it should be on the done as a person not a car, its not as if I am a young person starting out and there refusing me on that bases

JamesD2010
Noob!

Postby JamesD2010 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:54 pm

hi i think ur insurance is cheap i had way more expensive an faster cars than the altezza.. and since last year my insurance has doubled i have 7 years no claims an im 28 when i was changing my insurance over to the altezza its gone from €60 a month to €130 its my first year with axa i was previously with quinn.... i have a friend wit the same car an hes with axa to his payin €800 and hes 25 and the best part is they werent goin to insure me only i had the car they told me its group 20 and ya have to be 30 to insure it ... i told them about my mate they werent interested just made excuses he must have a different type of altezza :evil:

ps who are u insured with
Steer from the rear

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Postby roundymoony » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:00 am

I agree 100% with Demok.My renewal with FBD Notice came in 20euro cheaper this year,I argued and shopped around a bit came back to FBD ended up paying 280euro less than last year.
I could of got it a further 30euro cheaper with Hibernian but wasn't arsed changing over and starting up a new policy for the sake of 30euro.
my advice haggle haggle haggle :wink:

dmcma
Trc On!

Postby dmcma » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 am

my insurance was 800 last year this year got it for 714 fully comp 5yrs n/c of 123.ie

spudz86
Trc On!

Postby spudz86 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:19 am

quinn quoted me about €1,550 this year got it nearly €500 cheaper with aviva. thats a lot of money!!! both saved and paid, for a car i drive once every 2 weeks because i had a claim for a theft. they are all a robbin shower of pr##ks in my opinion
220 horses and 1 ass!

c1arke
Trc Off

Postby c1arke » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:54 am

my insurance is £1000 for ten months with nothing declared, i'm 22 and female. Couldnt find a cheaper quote anywhere. Ah well - gotta be done. :twisted:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm

dmcma wrote:my insurance was 800 last year this year got it for 714 fully comp 5yrs n/c of 123.ie

Yours came down & mine with up with them?? I have no problem shopping around if company's would quote me :evil: but there refusing because its an Altezza

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 pm

to put a positive spin on this Evelyn, if getting insurance on Tezza's is going to be difficult then the amount of them being bought cheap and dogged to death will go down so hopefully the reputation they are getting will fade as well ...

nivek
Trc Off

Postby nivek » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:28 pm

at 21 wit 3 years no claims wit quinn. i paid e1000. very good price i thought considering i bought the car off my cousin who is 26 and was payin e1600 wit quinn.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

berry
Trc Off

Postby berry » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:19 pm

quinn sent me out my renewl quote for 1,450 and i rang them up an said i had a quote for 1000 with someone else and i wanted to cancle my policy and she said one second and went off to talk to the manager an came back in 5 min an said to me we can do it for 950 and i had no quote got at all, i think they will do anything for the money now like

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:29 pm

yeah im with 123 in 23 with 4 years no claims and im paying 1030 euro for the year. only down side is i cant drive any other cars till im 25. think it was 1400 last year.

nivek
Trc Off

Postby nivek » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm

nivek wrote:at 21 wit 3 years no claims wit quinn. i paid e1000. very good price i thought considering i bought the car off my cousin who is 26 and was payin e1600 wit quinn.

also covered to drive any car as long as its taxed.
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “Car chat”