Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

silkolene pro boost

Anything related to cars
Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

silkolene pro boost

Postby Alex-evita » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 am

bougth a can of Silkolene pro boost,what u think this drink any good for Altezza?or i just waste my money
Attachments
silcolene.jpg
silcolene.jpg (8.04 KiB) Viewed 1162 times
do it once and do it right !!!

griderjn
Trc On!

Re: silkolene pro boost

Postby griderjn » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:04 pm

i have read that when you run higher octane than factory recommended, then you are throwing away money.
the only time you get better mileage when running higher octane is when you have been running octane below what is recommended.

the stock Altezza 3S-GE BEAMS, being high compression, does require high octane, but not necessarily racing fuel.
high octane fuel burns at a cooler temperature, and burns more efficiently.
some octane boosters defeat the purpose by creating by products during the chemical reaction,
which create heat or burnt residue during the combustion process.
so excessive use may cause temporary over heating and/or carbon buildup in your combustion chambers (cylinders/pots).
overheating and excessive carbon buildup are bad, mm'kay.

other than that, i say go for it, see what it does, and report back any relevant data!
when i had a 93T MR2, i used octane booster all the time, never had a problem.
i put damn near 60,000 hard miles on that car in about 6 months. (driving cross country in the United States will do that)
the guy i sold it to still drives it, and has not had any major engine problems that he has told me about.
1999 Silver Toyota Altezza RS200z with A'PEXi Power Intake, Fujitsubo SuperEX header, Kakimoto Regu 96dB-R muffler,
TRD Sports Catalyzer center pipe, TRD Quick shift lever, TRD Front/Rear Lower Suspension Brace Set,
TOM'S Side Frame Reinforcement Brace, TEIN Rear Performance Bar, TEIN Driving Spec Control Master Type Flex.

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 pm

thanks.so what octane booster is best for altezza. we have no E5 fuel in our area(have to use booster?)but most people say lots octane booster on market just rubbish.
do it once and do it right !!!

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 pm

i used that when I first got the car but seemed to be waste of time and money, compared to using e5 when you can notice a slight improvement in resposivness.

andy t
Trc Off

Postby andy t » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:00 pm

you would really want to be using it all the time to see a difference

lackneramanda
Trc On!

Postby lackneramanda » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:19 am

griderjn wrote:i have read that when you run higher octane than factory recommended, then you are throwing away money.
the only time you get better mileage when running higher octane is when you have been running octane below what is recommended.

the stock Altezza 3S-GE BEAMS, being high compression, does require high octane, but not necessarily racing fuel.
high octane fuel burns at a cooler temperature, and burns more efficiently.
some octane boosters defeat the purpose by creating by products during the chemical reaction,
which create heat or burnt residue during the combustion process.
so excessive use may cause temporary over heating and/or carbon buildup in your combustion chambers (cylinders/pots).
overheating and excessive carbon buildup are bad, mm'kay.

other than that, i say go for it, see what it does, and report back any relevant data!
when i had a 93T MR2, i used tornado performance booster all the time, never had a problem.
i put damn near 60,000 hard miles on that car in about 6 months. (driving cross country in the United States will do that)
the guy i sold it to still drives it, and has not had any major engine problems that he has told me about.

my last 2 motos were/are heavily modded and without the pro boost they pink! Thats with super unleaded too...

Return to “Car chat”