Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

standard altezzas

Anything related to cars
Damok

Re: standard altezzas

Postby Damok » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 pm

jarocki wrote:what would the difference in torque and horse power be with my kakimoto decat?

That would be anyones guess :? only way to know would be have it on a dyno with the cat and then on the dyno with the de-cat. . . :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Damok wrote:That would be anyones guess :? only way to know would be have it on a dyno with the cat and then on the dyno with the de-cat. . . :wink:

My last dyno was done with the factory cat, tomorrow will be with a racing cat (as good as a de-cat). It's not the same dyno though so figures could be unreliable.

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm

Rob wrote:
Damok wrote:That would be anyones guess :? only way to know would be have it on a dyno with the cat and then on the dyno with the de-cat. . . :wink:

My last dyno was done with the factory cat, tomorrow will be with a racing cat (as good as a de-cat). It's not the same dyno though so figures could be unreliable.

sure let us know what you get anyway

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:05 pm

rob don wanna piss you off coz il be seeing you tomaro but in my experience a racing cat is a good subsitute but its defo not the same as a decat. i had a magnaflow racing cat in my b4 for the nct as soon as i got the nct i took it out and the difference is still huge as good as the racing cat is its still restrictive so its prob best to have none in my opinion :wink:
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

nivek
Trc Off

Postby nivek » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:28 pm

dmcgarry wrote:haw many yo-yo's for a decent decat????

just cut out your cat an weld in a piece of pipe. 30 mins will have it done. and you only need like 12 inchs of pipe so it wood only cost aboot 10euro
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it
because the only people who really know where it is
are the ones who have gone over.
-Hunter S. Thompson

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:14 pm

ye a place in trim only charges like 30 or 40 euro to do it for ye coz i dont have a welder and if i did i dont think i would trust myself with it id see could i weld my dorrs closed :shock: :D :shock:
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:42 pm

babyeater690 wrote:rob don wanna piss you off coz il be seeing you tomaro but in my experience a racing cat is a good subsitute but its defo not the same as a decat. i had a magnaflow racing cat in my b4 for the nct as soon as i got the nct i took it out and the difference is still huge as good as the racing cat is its still restrictive so its prob best to have none in my opinion :wink:

Well, this 'ain't restrictive at all. I can see right through it! I can barely see anything that would constitute a cat. The NCT spectacular fails certainly back that up. :)

aln
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby aln » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:35 am

In my experience a racing cat versus a decat pipe is very few HPs in an NA car... 4-5hp I'd say on a car around the 300 mark... Between factory cat and HFC's is far more 8) It would be interesting to see Rob's car with normal 95RON petrol and then put in some booster to get the octane up to the 100 mark... Since the ECU from TOM's would probably be tuned for higher octance petrol... and I believe you don't have a revlimiter? :shock:
I want to go fast...

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:27 am

aln wrote:In my experience a racing cat versus a decat pipe is very few HPs in an NA car... 4-5hp I'd say on a car around the 300 mark... Between factory cat and HFC's is far more 8) It would be interesting to see Rob's car with normal 95RON petrol and then put in some booster to get the octane up to the 100 mark... Since the ECU from TOM's would probably be tuned for higher octance petrol... and I believe you don't have a revlimiter? :shock:

...and he tells me this when the shops are closed? :roll:

aln
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby aln » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:05 am

I'll bring some :-)
Rob wrote:
aln wrote:In my experience a racing cat versus a decat pipe is very few HPs in an NA car... 4-5hp I'd say on a car around the 300 mark... Between factory cat and HFC's is far more 8) It would be interesting to see Rob's car with normal 95RON petrol and then put in some booster to get the octane up to the 100 mark... Since the ECU from TOM's would probably be tuned for higher octance petrol... and I believe you don't have a revlimiter? :shock:

...and he tells me this when the shops are closed? :roll:
I want to go fast...

Return to “Car chat”