Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

altezza bhp???????

Anything related to cars
mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

altezza bhp???????

Postby mkano22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

hi was just wondering wat the "real" bhp of an altezza (rs200) is on irish fuel? a few people have told me there only 180 bhp but i find this hard to believe coz i owned a levin before my altezza i there a lot more bite in the altezza......

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Re: altezza bhp???????

Postby lanigan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Depends on your mods, we had a dyno day with 11 cars (i think) and we saw results vary from 150-202bhp

Highest scoring car (moomoo) had a hks intake, manifold, sports cat (may be wrong), back box, lightened flywheel achieved 201.7bhp at wheels. next in line was me at 200.3bhp apexi panel filter, 5zigen decat and back box, everything else standard and running a bit lean. they do generally make around 180bhp though, and we went to TDP where they have a dynapak viscous hub dyno which can give higher readings as the fluid heats up, rolling roads give lower readings but are supposed to be more accurate/consistant across extended periods of use

If you want more power put in a decat, easiest mod with very noticable performance difference :wink:

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm

as lanigan said

they're definetly NOT 220

if its possible for you to buy maxol E5 do it, its a higher octane :wink:

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:04 pm

lanigan wrote:Depends on your mods, we had a dyno day with 11 cars (i think) and we saw results vary from 150-202bhp

Highest scoring car (moomoo) had a hks intake, manifold, sports cat (may be wrong), back box, lightened flywheel achieved 201.7bhp at wheels. next in line was me at 200.3bhp apexi panel filter, 5zigen decat and back box, everything else standard and running a bit lean. they do generally make around 180bhp though, and we went to TDP where they have a dynapak viscous hub dyno which can give higher readings as the fluid heats up, rolling roads give lower readings but are supposed to be more accurate/consistant across extended periods of use

If you want more power put in a decat, easiest mod with very noticable performance difference :wink:

thanks man was thinkin bout de-catin it alrite but heard that will make her even worse on juice!!!!! thinkin bout a lightened flywheel and ultralite wheels i know there wnt increase bhp but should make for faster acceleration!!!! how much would i be lookin to pay for an uprated ecu????

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Nah who ever told you a decat makes it worse on fuel is a liar or a scabby bastard! Only harder on fuel because you'll drive it on more because it frees up the breathing so it revs easier :wink: Driving your car with the cat fitted after having the decat makes it seem dead on the road, its ridiculous! I hate going for NCTs, takes forever to get there :lol:

ECU has only been done on one N/A car here so get onto rndaudio about that, theres a thread here about the gains he achieved, i'll try find it :wink:

mkano22
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby mkano22 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:46 pm

lanigan wrote:Nah who ever told you a decat makes it worse on fuel is a liar or a scabby bastard! Only harder on fuel because you'll drive it on more because it frees up the breathing so it revs easier :wink: Driving your car with the cat fitted after having the decat makes it seem dead on the road, its ridiculous! I hate going for NCTs, takes forever to get there :lol:

ECU has only been done on one N/A car here so get onto rndaudio about that, theres a thread here about the gains he achieved, i'll try find it :wink:

sound man thnks 4 the help

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 pm

206.9bhp with a remap

more info here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4850

corn67
Trc Off

Postby corn67 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Dont mind lanigan dosent have a clue :) only jokein every thing he said it bang on told me the same de cat makes some difference alright and at first I tought it was harder on fuel but I was only givin her a bit more than usual cloaked it this week drivin handy the whole time and got wat I use to get before I put it in so trust chris de cat is cheapest way for noticeable difference :)
There should be two penalty points for cars that dont go sideways............

ToyotaToyota
Noob!

Postby ToyotaToyota » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:05 pm

I think that this information is the best.

babyeater690
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby babyeater690 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:54 pm

Y u dragging up 4 year old threads saying nothing
Do De Donut :P!!!!!

deccie22
Trc Off

Postby deccie22 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:50 pm

mad though aint it every tezza advertised as 220bhp.

Return to “Car chat”