Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Impounded Car help

Anything related to cars
Ricey
Tezza Fanatic!

Impounded Car help

Postby Ricey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:10 pm

K i crashed my tezza and i only had it since the day before. Now when i collected the car it had the wrong plates on it so now i have my car taxed and insured and vrt`d thye hole sha bang heh but the cops wont give back the car because the reg of the car they took is different too the one that they took. Im lost on what to do.... I got the car in dublin and the cops said its up too the guy i got the car off of too sort it out. Im just so so stressed over this. Iv been running and racing doin everything too get the car fixed but and get all the paperwork too get it back and then im told sorry we cant give it back as iv no proff that i own the car as i have papers for a 00 car and the reg is 99. Like i have taxed it. I have the vrt form with the Chassis and engine and real reg number on it. Iv comfirmd that they all match the car but still they will not release the car. Anyone know something i can do because im all out of things i can do! Im goin to see if the guy i got it off from the garage in dublin sorts it out 2n but am i right in saying he is at fault 4 putting the plates for a different car on it?? He told me i would get trade plates and i could drive it back too limerick np.

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Re: Impounded Car help

Postby lanigan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Personally i think you were mad to buy a car that was advertised for a LONG time as a 00 and drive it home on 99 plates. You say the documents are for 00 altezza, then why did you not change the plates?

Japcars are well known for putting on any old plates and log books from what ive heard. But at the end of the day, you signed the dotted line for a 00 altezza and knowingly drove it on 99 plates. What do the plates belong to did they say?

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:44 am

No matter what you paid for the car , , sound's like in the eye's of the law the garage still own the car..
Plus you drove the car from Dublin to Limerick WITHOUT insurance??????????
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Damo
Trc Off

Postby Damo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:14 pm

This was originally in A Spec imports yeah, heard a similar story down there, guy paid for a 00 when he came to collect car it was registered as a 99

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Ropey bastards!

Contact your solicitor is what I say
300 rwhp thanks to

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:16 pm

X2 Richie