Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

TRD altezza

Anything related to cars
coolrides
Trc On!

TRD altezza

Postby coolrides » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:44 am

has anyone seen the yellow altezza on pistonheads. it is saying it is a trd edition was there such a edition released? and it says it has a jasma manifold. is this a decat or just a sports cat. i am thinking about emissions for the car tax in uk. as far as i no altezzas are near into the big uk tax group but surely a manifold would make it a lot worse on emissions. any thoughts on if this car would be genuine or if its just some bits added on and labelled a trd car.
would appreciate any advice

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Re: TRD altezza

Postby Richie_c » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:16 am

Dont think there was ever a TRD edition release but I'm open to correction on that! Say it probably just has a rake bits on it thats all. In relation to the manifold the cat is further down the pipe not on the manifold itself, as far as I know theres 2 cats alright on the autos and one is on the manifold but again open to correction. Jasma isnt a brand its a quality marking, mines the same. I was told it was a HKS mani but the only marking on it is a Jasma meaning its approved by Jasma

In relation to a manifold making it worse for ommissions I dont quite get ya?
300 rwhp thanks to

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:39 pm

I don't there's such as thing as a TRD Altezza. I'd say it just means that there's a TRD body kit and spoiler and that on it.

Richie is right about the JASMA thing. A lot of people are confused by that but it's just a body in Japan that controls regulations for exhausts.

I'm not sure what way the UK tax system works but over here you don't get your car tested for emissions, the government gets the emissions figures from the manufacturer and that covers all of them.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:53 pm

as far as i know there is some cats in the manifold too. As lads said there is Jasma is only the certification of the exhaust that means it meets certain noise level standards. never a TRD altezza only ones with TRD bits.

They made a few for racing teams in Japan, but they were never available for purchase :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxgB1Krenf0

Sounds savage with the throttle bodies! would of went this route if it wasnt written off!

28 grand for full TRD setup!

coolrides
Trc On!

Postby coolrides » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 am

what was written off your car or the one on piston heads? i was worried the manifold was a decat or something but sounds like he trying to make it sound better lol. the uk is tested for emissions and i hear taxed on the year of import and not the year of manufacture. money grabbers they are

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:47 am

Dan's Altezza was written off .

When he talks about the manifold he might mean that he has an aftermarket 4-2-1 manifold.

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Some cars have cat built onto the manifold, I have a jasma manifold its not on it. The cat will affect the emmisions not the manifold. The altezza comes in 2 sections that I can see the manifold front section, then the back section is centre and rear box...

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:24 pm

altezza exhaust has 3 sections, manifold, cat section and back box. i think once the main cat in the cat section is still there, emissions should be the same.

james1485
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby james1485 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 pm

http://pistonheads.com/sales/785981.htm

is this the 1? its nice.

im off work now so if you still want to come have alook around mine ur welcome just pm me.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm

james1485 wrote:http://pistonheads.com/sales/785981.htm

is this the 1? its nice.

im off work now so if you still want to come have a look around mine ur welcome just pm me.

In that link James he doesn't actually call it a TRD Altezza, although it has a lot of TRD bits. purely cosmetic though.

I love the stealth look headlights though. Never seen them before!

and its defo been clocked! 26000 miles, 9 year old car? my arse!

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:03 am

Dan wrote:
james1485 wrote:http://pistonheads.com/sales/785981.htm

is this the 1? its nice.

im off work now so if you still want to come have a look around mine ur welcome just pm me.

In that link James he doesn't actually call it a TRD Altezza, although it has a lot of TRD bits. purely cosmetic though.

I love the stealth look headlights though. Never seen them before!

and its defo been clocked! 26000 miles, 9 year old car? my arse!

Unlikely an altezza would have such low mileage but the carpet and pedals are in excellent condition.

Parents spare jeep only has 11000km and it 3 yrs old with me putting up most of the milage so it could be possible that she has only 26000miles

Return to “Car chat”