Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Bonsai cars, importer

Anything related to cars
coolrides
Trc On!

Bonsai cars, importer

Postby coolrides » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 am

anyone here heard of these guys in southhampton, the buy for you ship it and sva, register it in your name. would be interested if anyone has used them or have heard stories about them.

cheers

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Re: Bonsai cars, importer

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:22 pm

I thought I heard a story before that they got the car in and then told the guy it needed loads of work done to it to pass the SVA and wanted a good few hundred STG£ from him to get it right for the SVA. He just told them that he had trade plates and he picked it up himself and did the few bits on it himself and cost him next to nothing.

I'm not 100% sure if that was Bonsai but I'm almost sure.

coolrides
Trc On!

Postby coolrides » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 pm

think someone told me that from the loc. if thats the case i would need to ask them in writing that there wont be any costs if the car fails the sva test. the only thing putting me off doing it myself is i think the closest port would be south of ireland then i dont no if i would have to import it again from ireland to northern ireland?? :?:

Noel

Postby Noel » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:29 pm

coolrides wrote:think someone told me that from the loc. if thats the case i would need to ask them in writing that there wont be any costs if the car fails the sva test. the only thing putting me off doing it myself is i think the closest port would be south of ireland then i dont no if i would have to import it again from ireland to northern ireland?? :?:

if it's all set up in the uk just drive it home like you would if you were down here for the day... why not arrange your insurance and fly to the UK yourself and drive it all the way home? thats what i'd do :)

podgie
Altezza Guru

Postby podgie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 am

coolrides wrote:think someone told me that from the loc. if thats the case i would need to ask them in writing that there wont be any costs if the car fails the sva test. the only thing putting me off doing it myself is i think the closest port would be south of ireland then i dont no if i would have to import it again from ireland to northern ireland?? :?:

ya be grand driving it from dublin to belfast...
the insurance company will insure the car of the cassic plate.. they did for mine anyway. i drove from dublin to galway on jap plates and got pull by traffic corp and all..they were pure sound bout it.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bubbstezza wrote:i can be a good lookin girl..............sometimes :lol:

^^^^
ya heard it here first,, bubbstezza like dressing up as a women

ADC Sligo Rep

join

www.afterdarkcruisers.com

coolrides
Trc On!

Postby coolrides » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 am

yea i wouldnt mind driving back from southampton in it as long as it was running sweet when i got it lol. might even stay the night as my girls mum works in hilton hotel so we can get cheap rooms in any hilton :D
so can you drive a car still with jap plates? as far as i no they dereg the cars before shipping

Noel

Postby Noel » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 am

If Bonsai are getting all the UK paperwork sorted for ya, can you not get the plates and put them on when you get there or does it need to be inspected again in the North first? :?

coolrides
Trc On!

Postby coolrides » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:36 pm

well if i get it from southampton they will have it registered and sva tested, but if it come straight to ireland i wont have sva test and the clocks changed and i would have to register the car in north. lookin more like the handiest way may be to pick up in england.

any one know how much it would be to import a car from ireland to the north. is it a percentage of the price or what way does that work. seen a few yellow ones down south but price is high because of the euro v pound. was thinking i could maybe offer the dealer my 03 primera and get a better price for it? just a thought

podgie
Altezza Guru

Postby podgie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:24 pm

coolrides wrote:any one know how much it would be to import a car from ireland to the north. is it a percentage of the price or what way does that work.

it same price to ship to ireland as england from japan. it bout 2 grand to put on irish plates if that what ya mean...?? shipping agent for ireland is 120. pay 108 to take of boat.. ya have the pay goverment 30% of what ya paid in japan for car. if ya bring from japan to ireland,

the bring it from dublin port to belfast,,with out irish plates..the price of a tow truck..or drive it up on cassic plate. 120+108+30% for customs.

that all the irish cost there is..

coolrides wrote:so can you drive a car still with jap plates? as far as i no they dereg the cars before shipping

ya drive the car on cassic plate not jap.. ya allow to drive it 24hrs ONLY. ya it dereg in japan..but ya can make temp plates out of paper and plaste cover..shipping agent make plates for ya in jap..

this link may answer a few questions for ya..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2954
bubbstezza wrote:i can be a good lookin girl..............sometimes :lol:

^^^^
ya heard it here first,, bubbstezza like dressing up as a women

ADC Sligo Rep

join

www.afterdarkcruisers.com

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 pm

You should have no problems getting the car home from southampton if everything is sorted out. I got mine home from there with no plates or anything on it, kinda got in a bit of trouble with the customs over there though :oops:

Return to “Car chat”