Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Petrol Alternative?

Anything related to cars
Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:35 pm

we want some dyno charts

edit: PLEASE :lol: :lol:

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Oh so do I, dont worry its in the pipe line but I missed the last day ye had and Im now just waiting on a new exhaust from Taka KAira, a nice HKS silent Hi-power. Its a little present to myself.

OFF Topic!! Has anyone else dealt with them? are they a bit slow in processing orders and e-mails?

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:45 pm

rodge wrote:Well hehe :oops: Yep its mine. The system is fully automatic and you can use any mix you like from unleaded through to E85 (ethanol). I do a fare bit of mileage so I try to use ethanol as much as I can, its an environmental thing. But all that aside I put it into my own car and Im sure anyone on this site would never put their Altezzas at risk if they werent sure. Im chuffed with it.

Oh so it's yours eh :wink: .... sounds like a club discount would be in order :twisted:

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:47 pm

rodge wrote:Oh so do I, dont worry its in the pipe line but I missed the last day ye had and Im now just waiting on a new exhaust from Taka KAira, a nice HKS silent Hi-power. Its a little present to myself.

OFF Topic!! Has anyone else dealt with them? are they a bit slow in processing orders and e-mails?

Ya they always give you a date that seems miles away.... but you will usually get it alot sooner.... gotten two things from them in the past

exhaust will probably get done for duty though:!:

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Extract from the ford FFV site....

differs
from a conventional car only
in that valves and other
components receive a special
coating

mmmm.... why does it need a special coating? what happens to my engine that doesn't have this special coating??? :?

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:21 pm

I hate to be cynical but how do we know that you actually have one fitted and that you actually have an Altezza? You could be going on all the forums claiming that you have that particular model of car and thereby advertising your wares.

:twisted: Devils advocate :twisted:

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:24 pm

Extract from the ford FFV site....

differs
from a conventional car only
in that valves and other
components receive a special
coating

Its a design issue with teh Ford FFV that the engine was remodled for ethanol because its a drier fuel than unleaded ie it provideds less of a lubrication and the cylinders were upsized to cater for the variance in energy content. This is overcome by running a mix of unleaded in the ethanol, about 20% mix is good. But the truth is that this system has been in use in Brazil for 20 years and is a very successfull option.

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:27 pm

@ Noel: of course there will be a site discount, I think id be thrown off if I didnt.

I made a mix up with my order to taka kaira when giving my e-mail address i did a typo and entered it slightly incorrectly, but I e-mailed them straight away but have heard nothing since, this was all on monday. A bit stupid I know. :oops:

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:28 pm

Just been on the SAAB site.... very positive.... turbo's can run even harder thanks to the 104 ron :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Yep some increases have been stated but I dont want to get into that until I have my own tested to get the real story. SO come on taka kaira!!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:56 pm

rodge wrote: This is overcome by running a mix of unleaded in the ethanol, about 20% mix is good.

So do we need to fill up with 80% Ethanol, 20% unleaded or is this the way the bio fuel comes out of the pumps?

Rodge and i have discussed site discounts and has given us a good price. But i think people would want to see the car with the device installed and dynoed on this setup just to get rid of any peoples concerns about loss of power, fueling problems etc

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:11 pm

I hate to be cynical but how do we know that you actually have one fitted and that you actually have an Altezza? You could be going on all the forums claiming that you have that particular model of car and thereby advertising your wares.

Devils advocate

Just a small bit cynical arent we! But fair enough, Iv been on the loc site for a while ,not overly active Ill admit, and my Hello bit on this site has a picture of my tessy on it. Beyond that you will have to take my word for the rest. But anyone can always just give me a ring to discuss things if they wish.

@ Dan,
Ill get that testing done as soon as I have my exhaust and the results will be displayed on the fullflex.ie web site. And here if I figure out how to post things like that up.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:55 pm

rodge wrote:Im now just waiting on a new exhaust from Taka KAira, a nice HKS silent Hi-power. Its a little present to myself.

OFF TOPIC: if you dont mind me asking how much did ur exhaust cost from takakaira?

rodge
Trc On!

Postby rodge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:08 pm

@ Dan, It was 443 USD but that is yet to be confirmed to me once they add on postage and the like, plus import duty as pointed out above ~@~@~!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:31 pm

ok. i'd be surprised if u got it for less than 550 Euro

Return to “Car chat”