Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

GPS

Anything related to cars
anto
Dublin Rep

GPS

Postby anto » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 pm

who has one and what do you think of them

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:31 pm

had a lend of a mates Garmin nuvi 310, for about a week. great if ur going somewhere ur not sure of but how often is that? Went to galway with it and it got a bit confused sometimes and sent me the long way around or the wrong way . i would put the money towards something better!

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:43 pm

I have one, a €200 Lidl job and it's great. I'd still be chasing my tail around Liverpool and Birkenhead with my newly acquired Tezza looking for the Ferry Terminal if it wasn't for it.

I wouldnt be inclined to spend much more than a few hundred on one though. Get the Lidl one if it comes up again i cant fault it. Mapping is spot on i've only ever seen it get lost once or twice in low lying valleys or the like, and you find your way out of those ok usually... Suppose in Ireland its only really justifiable if you're from the sticks like me and you're trying to find you're way around the big smoke or one of the other cities you may not be familiar with

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:41 pm

I've been thinking of getting one of these lately. Most of the time I know where I'm going but think it would be handy for getting around cities and big towns. One thing I've been wondering is how it gets on in towns with one way systems and the like

Mr. Tezza
Kerry Rep

Postby Mr. Tezza » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 pm

Was considering gettin one myself actually, but i'd only really need it for trips up the country, such as the rolling road etc... not much use for it otherwise, i'm a great believer in the old maps and route planners, still though if i c one for a good price i'd prob get it!
Kerry Rep

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:49 am

endapender wrote:I've been thinking of getting one of these lately. Most of the time I know where I'm going but think it would be handy for getting around cities and big towns. One thing I've been wondering is how it gets on in towns with one way systems and the like

Well the one i had was trying to send me the wrong way down some one way streets in Galway. I suppose it all depends on how up to date the maps are on the unit itself

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:54 pm

ive got one i need to get the new maps tho for ireland . i have to say when i was in the north it was ace brought me strait to a friends door who i had never been to and i would be been pritty f*** without it

the maps are expensive but its well worth it . also always carry a map cause they can let you down
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Return to “Car chat”