Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Beached!

Anything related to cars
Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Beached!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:33 pm

So anyway i got beached on a beach last weekend and while trying to extract myself my engine started behaving funny. I was trying different combinations of the Snow and TRC buttons as I got ever closer to sitting on the sills and eventually went to look for help from a few passers by to push me out :oops:

i left her idling as we formulated a plan of action and when i sat back in to drive out with the others pushing i went to prod the accelerator. . . .nothing. . . prodded again. . . . nothing . . . . held it to the floor. . . . 2 seconds later the revs started to build slowly. eventually got it out trying to balance the unpredictable throttle with the clutch, all the while looking like (more of) a muppet to those helping me as i went from stalling to 5000 rpm launches to stalling again.

Once i got going and out onto hard ground it was fine, normal throttle response since.

Any ideas on what it could be? Something to do with messing around with the Snow and TRC Buttons?

What exactly does Snow mode do?

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:44 pm

probably had something to so with the sand! All the snow buttom does is give a bit better grip in frosty/ snowy conditions. You should have turned the trc off and now off, that works for me

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:51 pm

I left the traction on to help prevent wheelspin. dunno whether i was right or wrong in doing that.

How does the Snow control help grip? How does it work mechanically? I read before it allows only progressive acceleration which is why i was wondering was it something related to what i experienced. i never really checked it before tbh :(

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:59 pm

Your problem was prob due to leaving the TRC on as the ecu was detecting wheel spin and cutting the power. After a couple of seconds the ecu will return the power and again detect the wheel spin so it would keep cutting the power. That should be the cause

lee_iceman
Trc Off

Postby lee_iceman » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:52 pm

I'd agree with endapender, the TRC was your problem.

The snow button reduces the sentivity of the accelerator. Try accelerating down a road in 3 gear, whilst accelerating engage the snow mode and see what happens. Its great for sitting in traffic :)
My Garage, My YouTube
Nurburgring2 2006, lap in 11:48 | Bruntingsthorpe 2006, 1/4 mile in 15.8@88mph
213.3bhp and 247.3Nm of torque

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:58 pm

yep I'd go with TRC

and the snow mode just alters the throttle response

Andyk
Trc Off

Postby Andyk » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:04 pm

i was on the beach 2day and had to go through a patch of soft sand ,turned on the snow button and she plowed through, no wheel-spin ,defo would have been stuck if i hadnt

Return to “Car chat”