Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza rear lights

Anything related to cars
Damo
Trc Off

Altezza rear lights

Postby Damo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:31 am

As above there are two sets of rear lights on the altezza the outer lights which became the pinacle or starting point for every cheap car part manufacturer to produce the Lexus light for every car down to a corsa, astra etc.

and then you have the inner lights which are in the boot lid.

My Quesion; some altezza's have both outer and inner lights active when lights are engaged or turned on

other altezzas only have the outer set working

Anyone know why this is ???

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:10 am

some altezza's have both outer and inner lights active when lights are engaged or turned on

My tezza is wired up to light up on the inner & outer when you have the dips on and they also light up when you brake. It an additional thing people do making some use out of the inner lights. I think other wise there just reflectors???

Damo
Trc Off

Postby Damo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:28 am

lakerslady wrote:
some altezza's have both outer and inner lights active when lights are engaged or turned on

My tezza is wired up to light up on the inner & outer when you have the dips on and they also light up when you brake. It an additional thing people do making some use out of the inner lights. I think other wise there just reflectors???

cool mine are the same looks alot nicer imo

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:33 am

Thats how you can tell an Altezza from an IS200 at night... :wink:

In the lexus they are used as rear fogs whereas with the Tezza there is a double element in there for driving lights and brakes as rear fogs aren't required under japanese law...

If you see a real Tezza with just the outer lights working it's probably cos the inner bulbs are blown... or it came over from the UK :wink:

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:00 am

Thats how you can tell an Altezza from an IS200 at night...

I didnt actually know that.....you learn something new everyday :lol: :lol:

cool mine are the same looks alot nicer imo

Ya I thinks it nice too I was in front of my dad one night going somewhere he said to me afterward "that f**king thing is like a christmas tree"... :roll:

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:10 am

yeah mine came in from the UK and has the fogs only on the inner lights. ive nice extra bright bulbs in to dazzle all the bellends behind who drive with their front fogs on :x

the switch on the dash looks OEM though must've been robbed off a 'proper' Lexus

anto
Dublin Rep

Postby anto » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 pm

mine come on when you trun on the lights but when you use the brake they dont get brighter , would it be the bulb

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:52 pm

mine come on when you trun on the lights but when you use the brake they dont get brighter , would it be the bulb

Could be single filment (not sure of spelling) bulb, you need a double filment bulb, where a park & brake light are built intogether

Stephen
Noob!

Postby Stephen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Many of the Lexus IS owners perform a DIY to wire up the rear fog lamps into the brake lamps. Brake and the rear fogs come on :D

Return to “Car chat”