Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

anyone know alot about diesel's

Anything related to cars
TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

anyone know alot about diesel's

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:19 am

Hey guys. I'm actually genuinely heart broken that iv to even say this but getting rid of my Altezza within the next 2 weeks. Have 2 offers for it. One offer is 4950 for it and the other is for a p/x for a 2005 kitted lovely red Audi a4 remapped to 195bhp. I'm leaning towards the Audi side as its up for 6k and he only wants a bit his way for it. Anyway! I'm not hugely informed about the diesel side of things. Wouldn't know what to look for so much. And as silly as this sounds I'm just wondering is there anyone near the Tipperary side of the county that wouldn't mind viewing the car with me. That's where I'm meeting him. Or even if anyone in cork could view the car for me and let me know what its like. I really don't want to buy something that's gonna break my heart.
In saying that if anyone did inspect the car for me and they missed something and it went wrong down the line I wouldnt blame it on them at all. God knows I wouldn't have spotted it.
Anyway, if anyone with good diesel knowledge could help me out it would mean the world to me. And I'd repay Ye back anyway possible.
Thanks lads.

E910
Altezza Guru

Re: anyone know alot about diesel's

Postby E910 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 pm

Remapped diesel sounds like trouble to me. When people do that here in NZ they normally expire prematurely, doesn't help we have low quality diesel either.

Have a look around some Audi forums & see if people have run into problems before

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:20 am

If someone is coming with near 5k for it id take there hand off, seriously good money for a tez in Ireland, im kinda shocked its such a good offer. You can always pick your own diesel down the line, audis are dear if anything goes wrong.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:08 am

What Mick says... 5K is good money for a Tezz, you should take it!

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Ya lads if your man meets me now this week with money il take it straight away!
Il be letting her go but il get her serviced and more aswell for him for that money! Make sure shes 110% He said he really really wants the car cause he wants a clean one!
I put it for for 5k simply just cause iv done so much to it and im not pushed on selling and i was kinda shocked aswell hes willing to pay that much! But i wont complain :)

Plans have changed too. not getting a 2.0 tdi audi. Few mechanics told me their a ball of crap. Might stick with jap again and get a honda accord!

If the car doesnt sell tho il prob still buy a diesel and dry store the tezz :)

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 am

make sure the engine don't sound too rattily I know they don't sound the same as petrol but you can tell if they sound fooked, give it a rev when cold to hear how the engine sounds don't go too mad though, check the car pulls well as I know the a3 drive and pull well, make sure that the turbo isn't whistling and you haven't got massive lag low down as they do pick up really well try not to think of them having a turbo and feel how they perform if it feels really sluggish and slow don't bother :wink:

Return to “Car chat”