Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Insurance and new law about imported cars..

Anything related to cars
TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Re: Insurance and new law about imported cars..

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Sun May 05, 2013 3:34 pm

@Damok

Thats very true :P iv always though of that alright, that the unexpected can happen at any time! But its just the way i look at things! I myself (just strictly speaking on my behalf) wouldnt turn down insurance if the price was decent but the excess was bad. Only because i drive very carefully and the unexpected can happen but i like to try convince myself that if im safe on the road and take care of my car eg, check tire pressure,have good tires, good luh nuts dont speed and so on... that theres a lower chance il crash(hopefully, so far so good). So i just make sure everything is in order and drive casually. Iv actually had a few things run out in front of me.Esp cats >:/ but im usually below the speed limit so have enough time to react! But as you said yourself anything could happen your dead right!

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Sun May 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Oh and sorry i didnt mean to call it a crash in the sense that the person was driving unsafely or anything! I just never use the word accidents. I didn't mean to offend anyone just incaset did :S

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Got a shock with my quote, doubled since last year! What is this about a new law???

Rob
Altezza Guru

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:20 pm

I went with Chill, underwritten by Zurich. Still 100 quid up on last year, but nowhere near the quote with 123 and AA were giving me.

The agent said he owned an Altezza himself until recently, so he knows about the car. If you are looking for a quote it might be worth giving him a call. Ask for Alan when you ring up on 1890 30 20 20.

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Postby jarocki » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:04 pm

i got my qoute from chill just there the 24th of june. through aviva. im 26. no penalty points, 6 years no claims with my girlfriend on the policy also no claims in the last 3 years. 701 euro fully comp. down 100 euro from last year.

Aaronw
Trc Off

Postby Aaronw » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't know if that's just an Irish thing, but I pay more for the altezza than the uk2000 impreza I had before it, was £550 for impreza and almost £100 more for the altezza.

fudder
Trc On!

Postby fudder » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:06 am

banan1984 wrote:@TuLegit2quitzz whats Your excess with them? They quote me 723 full comp but 3k excess lol

@Alex-evita chill is a broker , they offered me 1243 with 1k excess..

@moomoo aviva siad that I need to have 3 years NCB to insure 2liter car and probably another 2 to insure tezz :D

Here is a small break down of yday work over the phone:

aviva - no to imports
axa - no to imports
no nonsence - no to imports
zurich - no to imports
tesco - no to imports
liberty - need 3 years free claims
aoininsure - no to imports
aa - no to imports
one direct - need 3 years free claim
xs direct - waiting for answer
alianz - waiting for answer
aaran - 1132 with 1k excess
chill - 1243 with 1k excess
sheridan - 1100 full with 1k excess

:shock: :shock: :shock:

im insured with aviva on my altezza since last november 710e 5 years ncb

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 am

They will renew Your policy no problem, but only if You are existing customer. So far I can remember aviva said to me that to insure 2 liter engine car You have to have 3 NCB which I don't have..
D700 / RS200

fudder
Trc On!

Postby fudder » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:06 pm

banan1984 wrote:They will renew Your policy no problem, but only if You are existing customer. So far I can remember aviva said to me that to insure 2 liter engine car You have to have 3 NCB which I don't have..

you may be right bout the ncb

but it was my first policy with aviva was with axa 6 years prior and they told me they couldnt insure it as it wasnt on there system liberty said the same i think it comes down to who answers the phone you might get lucky and get a sound person or a complete idiot

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:42 pm

to be honest lads i dont even know why ye pay so much for yer insurance. why even insure yer cars. would ye not insure a 1l and use the driving of other cars extension. im driving with 15 years now and thats what i do the whole time. ive had numerous is200s s14 s15 and they were never insured and never once got hassle about insurance from the shades.

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:52 pm

daveo wrote:to be honest lads i dont even know why ye pay so much for yer insurance. why even insure yer cars. would ye not insure a 1l and use the driving of other cars extension. im driving with 15 years now and thats what i do the whole time. ive had numerous is200s s14 s15 and they were never insured and never once got hassle about insurance from the shades.

I get You mate but because I am a foreigner I don't want any trouble so I "follow by the law" :wink:
D700 / RS200

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:11 am

banan1984 wrote:
daveo wrote:to be honest lads i dont even know why ye pay so much for yer insurance. why even insure yer cars. would ye not insure a 1l and use the driving of other cars extension. im driving with 15 years now and thats what i do the whole time. ive had numerous is200s s14 s15 and they were never insured and never once got hassle about insurance from the shades.

I get You mate but because I am a foreigner I don't want any trouble so I "follow by the law" :wink:

i get you too buddy but your not breaking the law.....your breaking your pocket :)

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:52 pm

Do you have to be a certain age to use that extension thing. i remember ringing up about it before and all seemed grand but something sounds to good to be true.How do you go about doing it?

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:53 am

theres nothing too good to be true fella. its an insurance policy at the end of the day. its as good as a garage policy just you cant drive comercials. just ring your insurance co and ask them about it. its not the third party extension as alot of people call it. its called the driving of other cars extension. there is no age requirement for it . the only age requirement in insurance is to be 25 to have cover on someones policy if they have over 25 unnamed drivers

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

The advice I would give anyone about open drive is read the small print of your insurance before you go driving anything and everything!! Some restrictions on it I have come across is if you insurance is on a 1ltr you can't drive anything bigger than a 1ltr and so on, age restrictions are also so there like 25+ and 30+
Also I'm sure there is a fine for non display of an insurance disk in a public place think its an €80 or €60 fine.... Keep that in mind.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Return to “Car chat”