Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Long time!!!

Anything related to cars
james1485
Tezza Fanatic!

Long time!!!

Postby james1485 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Right guys it's been a long time from I was on here or even had an altezza....
From I sold my altezza I've had evo 8 n a e90 330d m-sport, which im drivin ATM.

I've been lookin about for another tezza... So I'm lookin some pointers on what to look for in a supercharged 1. If I remember right the 1 I'm currently lookin at was on here years ago. It's the 1 that eastcoastcustoms done in 2008, supercharged and put nitrous in it, running on apexi power fc. etc.
It's 2004 & blackI went yesterday n took for a drive n had a quick peak about it. Looked to be sound enough. But wtf do I even look at to see if it's 100% don't wana buy 1 and it end costing me a bomb!

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Long time!!!

Postby daveo » Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 pm

when looking at a supercharger first thing to look out for would be any winding or rattely noises. make sure that there is no play where the supercharger is sitting on the cradle. bad bad sign if there is. make sure that the belt is not side worn, again a bad sign. also id dip the oil in the supercharger to see how clean it is .when taking for a spin there should be absolutely no lag in the supercharger when you sink the boot. other than there isnt much you can do. take someone who owns a supercharged tez with you . they might notice something you dont.

Return to “Car chat”