Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

3sgte Swap

Anything related to cars
newtezza
Trc On!

3sgte Swap

Postby newtezza » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi everybody I need some info. Alright my friend wants to swap out his 3sge to a 3sgte. He wants to turbo his car I told him to turbo the 3sge but he's wants to buy a turboed 3sgte, he said that it is stronger and made to handle the turbo.
From my in I THINK that the 3sgte is 4wd and I THINK that it won't work please correct me if I'm wrong :roll:
Coming Soon:
Altezza RS200 + 2jzgte + r154
-----------------------------------------------
I love the sound of a BOV in the morning.

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Re: 3sgte Swap

Postby tezza mick » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm

They say its a fairly straight forward swap, doesnt matter is the 3sgte came out of a gt4 ''4wd'' from what iv read. Wont run off an altezza ecu either. From what iv read gearbox will bolt straight up and the mounts will work.

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:32 pm

So it the tranmission that makes the car 4wd not the engine. :mrgreen:
Coming Soon:

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

newtezza wrote:So it the tranmission that makes the car 4wd not the engine. :mrgreen:

Correct!

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm

So I told him that the swap will work and he wants to find out about the ecu.
Coming Soon:

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 am

Has anone actually done the swap yet? Was wondering if you needed piggy back ecu new minfold exetra just wondering what problems you came up sgaist whilst doing it. Cheers

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 am

Has anone actually done the swap yet? Was wondering if you needed piggy back ecu new minfold exetra just wondering what problems you came up sgaist whilst doing it. Cheers

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Will the 3sgte engine bolt right into the engine bay of the altezza??
Coming Soon:

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:36 am

Adman wrote:Has anone actually done the swap yet? Was wondering if you needed piggy back ecu new minfold exetra just wondering what problems you came up sgaist whilst doing it. Cheers

you will need the ecu for the 3sgte engine, would need a custom made manifold and downpipe as sure they stick out quite far, chances are a gearbox bell housing - engine adapter, new intake as the 3sgte are a lot longer than the altezza and the engine sites more on it's side so when put into the tezz the intake will stick up into the air and probably hit the bonnet especially when the intake pipework is put on or will foul on the wheel well
easier and cheaper to turbo the 3s-ge and will be just as strong and better torque/power curve

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:06 pm

If i brought a mr2 turbo could i use that in the tezz? I was thinking of a apexi power fc as i would be going for bigger power. Sounds like there is alot more work than originally thought and as you say it may be cheaper buying a kit for the 3s-ge as getting everything made up so the engine would suite would be very costly! Thanks for your help mate !:)

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Wow sounds like a lot of work with the swap. Slapping on a turbo kit on the 3s-ge would be a lot better. My friend stilll has to do a lot of work on the car before he even thinks about swapping the engine or turboing the 3s-ge. But if you're looking for real power the 1jz or 2jz are the big boys
Coming Soon:

Adman
Trc On!

Postby Adman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:37 pm

It does sound that way! I like the sounds of that but i guess we are then talking crazy money right? Rough ball point figure?:p. would be a awsome toy that would!!

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:36 am

Then the electronics is a next pain in the ass the most stressful part of modifying a car :shock:
Coming Soon:

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

more so as these cars aint easy, if you think you know how to do something forget it as there a pain in the arse, something easy turns into a nightmare

the points I made is probably the half of it, there are going to be a lot more things I've missed
also got to count into buying an engine which aren't common and most likely be easier buying a complete car as what you would need would probably cost the same as a second hand turbo kit for the tezza and factor in collecting the engine and making sure it runs etc..

What I was thinking of is adapting the turbo manifold off the 3sgte and putting it on the tezza

if you want bigger power then a few internal engine parts to change but only what you would need to do on the 3sgte

Return to “Car chat”