Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Crashed it - fooked (Pics added)

Anything related to cars
ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Crashed it - fooked (Pics added)

Postby ryansss » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Early this morn in traffic coming off a roundabout and as road bends I can only assume I hit ice as was gentle accelerating back end flew out I couldnt catch it just ended up sideways prob around 20mph sliding across the slow lane straight into the exit of a petrol garage hitting a lamp post. and open sign.

Car looks twisted so it's beyond repair. i managed to drive it home but drivers door took main impact throwing glass on me, then rear door hit another post. Lower part of car buckled in badly. I'm bruised but shook up as first crash ever after 9 years. Luckily didn't hit the other cars around me and nobody at the garage came out so I just tied the rear door up and slowly made my way home.

Not worth going through insurance so wondering what to do. Just gutted as bought alloy rad and goodies. Will post pics later :cry:
Last edited by ryansss on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murphman07
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Crashed it - fooked

Postby murphman07 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Jees man that terrible to hear!, ice can be a terror around this time of the year, I know its little consolation but it couldve been a lot worse, least your not badly hurt!
All factory extra's Garda, I swear!

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:32 pm

Crap man!! :( sorry to hear that, you should get a quote to fix it using as much second hand parts as possible, if its too much then you could try and sell it to a breaker or to be fixed or you could break it for parts yourself! Just make sure you do all your maths and know the best option!

Lewis Altezza
Trc Off

Postby Lewis Altezza » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

Bad news mate, there is a rolling shell on eBay which you can cut the sill from and weld to yours, but if you don't decide to repair (you should btw) ...
Last edited by Damok on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Comment edited.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:48 am

Sorry to hear that, it is heart breaking and know how you feel, hope you get it sorted or could always get another one and swap all your part's over if worse comes to worse

Lewis Altezza not very nice poor guy is grieving and your scavenging already :roll:

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ryansss » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Here are the gory pics. Roofs creased too along with rear quater - this is a total gonna :(

No parts being sold yet as I could buy another, but engine is up for grabs and had new cambelt 2k ago, pulleys, power steering belt, plugs, and alernator belt. 97k on clock although no idea when changed from Kms to MPH. Runs fine. Not sure what I can get for this? Or where to advertise as do this engines get dropped into any smaller toyota's?

Secured garage so it's moving off the road this week :roll:

Again sorry don't ask me for parts as the real good bits will be kept in case I buy another and everything else will only go once the engines sold.

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Crashed it - fooked (Pics added)

Postby ryansss » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Prob Diesel spill and not ice as I came off the roundabout (20mph limit with camera) and then as pulled away the roads on a dip so reckon I hit diesel from the garage and slide across into the metal posts/signs. Ache all over still and gutted beyond belief. Skint so will be without car till summer at least as won't buy another project car as put too many hours into this one :cry:

Newerakaye
Trc Off

Postby Newerakaye » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:28 pm

S**t luck mate. im nearly in tears seeing that. and its not my car

ryansss
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ryansss » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 pm

It's a huge kick as I bought it in a bad state and I bought new wheels, lowered, fitted exhaust and decat, recarro seat, undersealed it, deskinned the bonnet and and fitted catches, rolled the arches, changed all the bits inside that were tatty. I even spent £300 last week on new rad and hoses :roll: I'm trying to see if the company will take the rad back. First crash and I can't believe the damage from such low speed. Recarro seats bolsters saved me although I think even the seats twisted it provided a cushion between the door and my body. I really do ache all over but to get up and walk away was lucky. Scary as hell being powerless sideways. Might I add I drove this 20 miles home!!! Just hope Mr BP don't bill me for it's lampost.

gar
Trc Off

Postby gar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:28 pm

holy s@3! :o , your not gona get that out with teacut , lol :lol:

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Hard luck mate though luck but at the end of the day cars can be replaced people can't at least you were able to walk away from it at the end of the day that's the most important thing!
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

fotoalka
Noob!

Postby fotoalka » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

So sorry for you mate! :cry:

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm

sorry for that lad. engine should get €600-800

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:08 pm

Gutted for ya mate!

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Sorry to hear that dude,fookin s@#t one. You were very lucky,right on the drivers door. The main thing is your alright and walked away from it. Hope you get back on the road soon lad.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

Return to “Car chat”