Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Altezza Prices in current market?

Anything related to cars
raffo
Altezza Guru

Altezza Prices in current market?

Postby raffo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Ok, so my little baby lost the back end yesterday (somehow as i don't drive hard). Anyway, a 360 spin, stone wall and a sign post later the passenger rear quarter got smashed up. Suspension done. Boot and rear bumber needs replacing but worse is that the spare wheel well got pushed in about a foot and after the insurance guy had a look today it seems like it's a write off.

Thing is, i have her insured for €5000 but am pretty sure they won't offer near that. Also, i don't want her scrapped and don't want to break it as there's a new timing belt, ball joints, tyres plus 6 and a half years of TLC with it never letting me down.
I know i have an option to buy it back off them if/when they write it off, repair it, test it and it's done but does anyone know a proper, legitimate value of a 99 RS200. Half Leather interior with electric seats, Auto box, absolutely mint car that has been immaculately looked after? Never had any dealings with insurance companies before so any help would be greatly appreciated as to the do's and don'ts.

What would be a fair price to accept?

Damok

Re: Altezza Prices in current market?

Postby Damok » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Had dealings with the insurance on the girlfriends car in the last few weeks,, Not her fault the accident.

Insurance guy looked at the car. its a 02 1.2 saxo :oops: she had the value of €1800 on the car for her own insurance,, the insurance fella said that if the damage comes to over 60% of what "they" value the car at they will write the car off. They came back after 3weeks with an offer of €1300 to fix the car. All that was fitted was a New door, moldings and window and what ever bits where in the door, sprayed and fitted and she got a rental car for the week.... Girlfriend was in the same boat she had spent a nice bit the weeks previous getting the car NCT'd,serviced and new drives so didn't want to let it go. .
They will more than likely come back with an offer around €3000 in my opinion all they will do is look at book value they wont take into account the way the car has been looked after... You can try argue your case if you have receipts for the work you have carried out and see if that bumps up the value. .
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

stev1emc*
Trc On!

Postby stev1emc* » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Try looking for the same spec car mileage and all to show them what it will cost to replace,, and not just buy any rubbish,,
Last edited by Damok on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed offensive word.....
IF YOUR GNA BE BAD BE GOOD AT IT,,,

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I'll be showing some of the examples on this site for starters. The amount of wrecks out there now is sh*t :evil: and no doubt that's what the insurance guys will be looking at.

If i got 3 grand it would/should cover the cost of the repairs at least

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:47 pm

raffo wrote:I'll be showing some of the examples on this site for starters. The amount of wrecks out there now is sh*t :evil: and no doubt that's what the insurance guys will be looking at.

I'd say €3000 is what they will offer for the car if its a write off. . You will get less if you keep the car and go to repair it. .
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Damok wrote:
raffo wrote:I'll be showing some of the examples on this site for starters. The amount of wrecks out there now is sh*t :evil: and no doubt that's what the insurance guys will be looking at.

I'd say €3000 is what they will offer for the car if its a write off. . You will get less if you keep the car and go to repair it. .

Sorry, i meant the €3000 less the cost buying it back from them

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 am

99 auto tezz would be €2500 maybe 3k if yer lucky.

What you need to do is prove to the insurance company that there is no way of replacing your car with one of a similar or better spec/condition/millage than the one you wrote off.

Mate of mine done it with a 200SX which was technically writen off a few years back. He told the insurance company that if and only if they could replace his car with one with equeal or lower millage and the same minty mint condition he'd take it other wise they'd have to repair his.. they couldn't and spent €12k fixing his 99 200SX in 2008 the car was worth 4k if he was lucky. One differance he was hit by another car and was 100% in the right. not sure how your own company will deal with it, but i've been told that as an insurance document is a legally binding agreement they should have to pay out the €5k you insured the car for as that is what they based you preminium on. could be wrong here

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 am

here in Holland it goes like that too, only thing is that you get to negotiate... when they come with a quote, you shouldn't accept it right away, try and get the most out of it...

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Interesting info there lads. Have to wait until Monday for them to make an offer and also found out today that the chasis got bent too so it's beyond repair :( or at least beyond a repair that would make any sense

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 pm

i had mine valued at 4,500, it was written off and all i got was €2,000 it was a 98 sunroof model, manual rs200 and the settlement was about 18months ago! dont get your hopes up, you would be lucky to get €2000 these days

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:53 pm

FT2DFLR wrote: not sure how your own company will deal with it, but i've been told that as an insurance document is a legally binding agreement they should have to pay out the €5k you insured the car for as that is what they based you preminium on. could be wrong here

Complete and utter nonsense.

So I renew my insurance and tell them my car is worth two million and wrap it around a tree I get two million? :roll: :roll: No they give me a pay out of what they think the car is worth or give me the same model and spec with less or equal mileage and same age or newer. Since I've mods insured it may not be possible to find an equal spec so they must fix mine.

The only thing over insuring will give you is possibly an increased premium.

Whoever told you the above rubbish doesn't seem to understand legally binding agreements.

@Raffo as said by Greg, don't get your hopes up about 3k, but maybe consider making them replace the car with a "better" one instead of taking their valuation (newer with less mileage etc)

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Update - Chassis got a wallop so not happy repairing, time to get rid :(

My insurance is with RSA going through 123.ie and they use a shower based in the Uk called the ETWB. They offered me €1650. So i naturally declined and the snotty pr*ck hung up. I rang back and asked him to provide proof as to his valuation so he emailed me 2 Tezza's. Both 98's and AS200. Standard seats and both with 20'000 MILES more than my own RS200 Auto with the half leather/electric seats.
So, i told him his ''errors'', politely of course :twisted: so he declined to talk to me or reply to emails.........as did his ''informed'' colleagues.
Did a bit of looking and ended up ringing RSA claims directly. Told them i refused to deal with the ETWB to which they said was fine. A lovely woman took my case and said she would talk to the actual assessor that checked over my car and call me back ASAP. Today she called back offering me €2700.

If any member is dealing with the ETWB through a claim just do not deal with them at all. Nothing but a shower of incompetent, arrogant, wannabe bully fools.

Rant over :)

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 pm

insurance companies are mostly bullies i find! but as with everything in life ya might get lucky and get some nice person on your side! ya know you could probably still buy back your old tez for pennies and break it, thats what i did! just a tip ;)

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:38 pm

G-TECroscommon wrote:insurance companies are mostly bullies i find! but as with everything in life ya might get lucky and get some nice person on your side! ya know you could probably still buy back your old tez for pennies and break it, thats what i did! just a tip ;)

I could break it i know but i've really nowhere to store it while breaking which is the main problem plus i need to moneys for the next yolk :)

Return to “Car chat”