Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Thinking of buying a is200 ??

Anything related to cars
fitzi
Noob!

Thinking of buying a is200 ??

Postby fitzi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:35 am

Wel lads it's been a long time since I was on here I had a Hks altezza before but losing my job forced me to sell it and drive atin cheap :( any way I am back in a position to buy something nice again like 2 years later haha but was looking at getting a is200 sport because I'm only 21 and can insure a is myself Wer if I was getting a tez again I would have to do the whole third party extension dodgy stuff again which I don't want to do ! But I'm wondering if any one can tell me are the is200s as good as the altezzas for diffin ?? I know there 153 bhp but it's not the speed I'm worried about as long as its good for diffin any help would be brill !! :D as I can't find anything about it any were

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: Thinking of buying a is200 ??

Postby beamsteza » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:07 am

Welcome back.

I had two is200's one sport and one se in the past if your looking to buy one make sure its sport they have LSD diff they will do the job for rings but not the best for holding a drift and clutch goes fast so upgrade clutch it goes ya should be fine

fitzi
Noob!

Postby fitzi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks lad still sick to my gut I ever had to sell the tez yea I def be getting a sport,so they are good for rings :D are they harder to hold out than a altezza in a drift and stuff ?? Would you reccomend one if it would be used for that kinda messin like rings and lil bit drifting etc ?? Don't get me wrong I'm not looking to get one to wreck it but would like to be able to do that kinda stuff when the mood strikes every now and again ya no :D haha

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 am

Ha bad buzz alright! Ya there just as good for ring but lack in power to hold fast drift but can be done in the wet there a lot easier to handle couple a usual mods would give little extra

zap branigan
Trc Off

Postby zap branigan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am

usual mods ? can you please tell alittle more about these please ? :D

fitzi
Noob!

Postby fitzi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 am

Ah mite.be convinced to get one so haha but are the engines as tough and rrliable as the tezs ?? there isn't really much you can do to get extra bhp out of them I heard ?? If there is fill me in :D the internals I heard will just give up under pressure of a supercharger kit or turbo and exhaust manifolds etc I heard make little or no effect

Damok

Postby Damok » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I would be of the opinion that an IS200 wouldn't last you long at all if your diffing it. Grand in the wet but you'd be putting it under a nice bit of pressure in the dry. Have you looked into getting an S14a or something.. My friend had one and insurance was fairly good on it for what it was..

What part of Tipperary are you from?
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

fitzi
Noob!

Postby fitzi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

No never had a interested in n/a nissans ha I jus really lik da shape of da tez/is200s ha..so u wouldn suggest one if I was to be usin it for messin in the dry ? Which I would haha I couldn jus be waitin for da rain :lol: I'm from Carrick lad u ?

DBX
Trc Off

Postby DBX » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:25 pm

I got a UK spec IS200 not long after selling my Corolla Tsport vvtli 190 thats so much quicker than my IS200 but im not fussed about performance till my next car anyway!! i use to own a Altezza RS200 similer power to the corolla t sport :) had to sell the Altezza due to high insurance back in the days. IS200 engines just as reliable as RS200 performance wise supercharger all i think of, What is a HKS Altezza ? is it HKS body kit? the only HKS Altezza i think of is a wide body/arch one thats for racing.

beamsteza
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby beamsteza » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:55 pm

headers+axel back+induction kit+safc 2 or camcon enterprise+remap.

Would see ya up around 175/180bhp id imagine witch is about the same as most standard altezza on Irish fuel

fitzi
Noob!

Postby fitzi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks for all the feed back lads any more advice would be appreciated too ..could ya explain headers and safc2 thanks ha ?? I tought the is200s are pointless in remapping ?? So I'm getting the feeling that a is200 would be nearly as good as a tez for messin diffin driftin etc in dry or wet as long as its not constant dogging ??

Soiled
Altezza Guru

Postby Soiled » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 pm

The engine will be fine, don't see why they wouldn't last the same. If anything the 1G is a more reliable engine, boring but reliable.

Those mods wont net you much gain, so if you are going for an IS200 just leave the engine pretty much standard and you'll have very little problems, better spending the money on handling mods. Then later on down the line do an engine conversion or supercharger (tte supercharger kits are pretty reliable but only bring the car up to the same power as a 3SGE Altezza, with more response and torque down low though and that sweet sweet supercharger sound).

Neither in factory form are really that great for 'diffing' but can both certainly do it, have a guy in an AS200 (Altezza with the same engine as the IS) keeping up with the RS boys (and turbo RS) in the Gymkhana events I've been to.

fitzi
Noob!

Postby fitzi » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:07 am

DBX:yea it was the d1 series proper Hks body kit brought the car in myself seen it on done deal once or twice and it looks wrecked now :x :( and it was honestly like new from the day I got it to the day it left me,,seen it again and the way it was,(rough around the edges and a few small stupid things after been done to it)nearly broke me heart ha

Return to “Car chat”