ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Engine oil choice

Anything related to cars
Dan
Site Admin

Engine oil choice

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 pm

So going to change the oil and filters tomorrow, last 2 oil changes i've went with castrol magnetec 10w40 then last change Castrol Edge 5w-30, didnt notice any difference between the two to be honest apart from Castrol Edge being twice the price! Ive heard of people using "Millers" oil anyone try this yet and know how much it is and where to get it?

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:39 am

Millers is supposed to be very good oil. Heard lots of people using it and there gearbox and diff oil are supposed to be popular too. CDA do it think

CDA Ben
Noob!

Postby CDA Ben » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:08 pm

endapender wrote:Millers is supposed to be very good oil. Heard lots of people using it and there gearbox and diff oil are supposed to be popular too. CDA do it think

We only do Redline engine/gearbox/diff oil. Millers we only do the CVL Turbo.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:20 pm

no bother i was down in CDA today, would have gotten the Redline stuff if it came in a 5L container, price of them litre bottles is crazy!( not just the redline stuff!) got a nice Power enterprise oil filter though!

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 pm

@cda, how much is an oil change with you including filter? Does an appointment need to be made or can someone just drop in?

CDA Ben
Noob!

Postby CDA Ben » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Dan, the price for Redline 1L or 4L will work out the same, exactly 4 times. No savings made by buying the bigger bottles and we found that it's more convenient for customers to just have 1L bottles. Redline isn't cheap, you can compare our prices with the UK prices and it's exactly the same (after VAT). With engine oil, you really get what you pay for.

Gerbo, oil change just engine oil and oil filter? Oil filter is about 25 euro for the Power Enterprise magnet ones (highly recommended). Labour is 50 euro. Oil depends on what you want.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:44 pm

I wasn't saying your prices are over the top Ben its just from past oils I've used like the Castrol Edge 5w30 it was 60 euro for 4 litres whereas one liter bottle costs 20 euro

@Gerbo ill change the oil for ya!! 45 euro!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDA Ben
Noob!

Postby CDA Ben » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Dan wrote:I wasn't saying your prices are over the top Ben its just from past oils I've used like the Castrol Edge 5w30 it was 60 euro for 4 litres whereas one liter bottle costs 20 euro

@Gerbo ill change the oil for ya!! 45 euro!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope wasn't thinking that at all. Just that Redline generally is one of the most expensive oils available. Royal Purple in the USA is about the same price as well.

Ya usually bigger bottles should be cheaper. For some strange reason Redline doesn't have that policy and it just doesn't make sense to buy the bigger bottles at all.

feeler
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby feeler » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:53 pm

i've seen this topic of oil come up alot on other forums. and a lot would say the brand of oil make's no difference, as long as the oil and filter are changed offen.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:44 am

CDA Ben wrote:
endapender wrote:Millers is supposed to be very good oil. Heard lots of people using it and there gearbox and diff oil are supposed to be popular too. CDA do it think

We only do Redline engine/gearbox/diff oil. Millers we only do the CVL Turbo.

My bad I was mixing up the two names. It was the redline stuff i was thinking of

Return to “Car chat”