Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Hello from Amsterdam

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
d2carazy
Clare rep

Re: Hello from Amsterdam

Postby d2carazy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:20 am

welcome along, enjoy the car, you came a long way to get it :wink:

j2jedi
Trc Off

Postby j2jedi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Thanks, guys.
Yes I came a long way to get one, but there were few other options, so I decided on a roadtrip :D
Not my first one, but definitely the most remote!

Update:
I got rid of all the stickers, but still need to get rid of the edges which seem projected in the paint. I think polishing the car will get rid of that. Also too out the IMHO silly strobe lights out and other useless wiring hanging around in the car. Next I will start to clean up the entire car, take out the interior to give it a through cleaning in all the 13year old corners, LOL.
Ordered up some original EU LHD headlamps and upper balljoint arm from Lexus last week and they're in already.
Next is to order up some nice brake pads and tyres for all fours and a BC Racing coilover set (BR-series).

The rear foglight units already have 7443 (duplex) fittings. So those of you who want to do the fog/side light conversion...just get the diodes ;) I will do the conversion my self, after re-registering the car, so they will not ruin the rear of the car 8)
I'm trying to find some wiring diagrams to see if the rear foglight already has been prepared in the wiring loom. Also looking out for the drivers side kick panel fuse box cover (plate) or the sticker in it, stating the fuses (pic would fine).

So now I will be waiting for the rest of the parts to come in, fit them and get it to

Will keep you posted...pics will follow soon. :mrgreen:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:54 pm

nice nice niiiiiceeeeee

j2jedi
Trc Off

Postby j2jedi » Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Question:
I've looked into the Wheel Offset Guide and the list states I should keep the tyre width between 205-215mm.
I have the standard 17" alloys on the car and have a good option on some tyres, size 225-45-17.
Will this be a problem :?:

j2jedi
Trc Off

Postby j2jedi » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:45 pm

A lot has been done and discovered, since my last post. I got the Tezz registered in januari and have been enjoying it since 8)
Of course their were some things to do. So I put on new tires, replaced the worn shockabsorbers and hand-cut springs, figured out the power doorlock doesn't work and nobody knows how to repair it, lost a roof strip, repaired some bad wiring inside the doors (home stereo speaker wire braided into the wiring loom, etc).

And yesterday I changed my worn, supposed to be uprated clutch...well, the clutch was so uprated, that it was just an OEM replacement and I found out the dual mass flywheel had been welded up in the back :shock: ...is that a common fix?ImageImageImageImage

Updates
So up till now, I put on Falken Ziex-912 tyres, BC Racing coilover kit, Stoptech brake pads, Varta battery (big size), TRD lightweight flywheel and Exedy SportsTuff Heavy Duty Clutch Kit, # TYK-7378HDB (5-puk)
I finally put in my new clutch kit I ordered from Nick . He's been a lot of help! :D

The tires are ok for road use, have driven it in mild snow conditions and like them up till now. Maybe other tires could have more grip, but have no comparison. The coilovers are great, no other words for them. Like the brake pads, the have a nice solid and progressive bite. The battery is better up for the job starting and supporting the 3SGE under full electrical loads.
The car feels much more alive and easy going with the clutch setup. Revs up fairly quicker than before.
Clutch pedal feel is almost OEM like. Have to get used to shifting more precise to limit the slipping, especially from stand still. Taking it easy on the clutch to let it set to the new flywheel: is there a certain method for this?

Still love the car and enoying it, my work in progress :mrgreen:

BC Racing coilovers
ImageImageImage

Rear fog light conversion (oligatory in the Netherlands)
ImageImage

New TRD flywheel and Exedy clutch
ImageImageImageImage

Plans for the future
- tidying up the whole car
- timing belt kit (got it in from Nick)
- de-limiter
- anodized alu trims (have to decide on my color scheme for the whole car)
- 18" wheels
- track days

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”