Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Welcome Downunder

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
greeneyes
Noob!

Welcome Downunder

Postby greeneyes » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:38 am

Hi Guys!

I'd like to welcome you all to the NZ/Australian version of your forum. I recognise some Irish friends who have signed up down there, and some of our guys are in here too.

I suppose you guys tease the IS200 owners in UKLexusownersclub like we Kiwis do with the Aussies! Go the 3SGE! :D

Thank god for Jap imports!

We are on

http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.php?act=idx

cheers

Keith

Noel

Postby Noel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:58 am

Hi there and welcome.... :D

hope you'll be a regular poster on here "oh wise one"

'tis a small world really.... :wink:

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:32 am

Welcome along :lol:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:46 am

I love teasing the Loc lads!! Mines faster than yours etc... but only in a few standard, non supercharged cases!! Any Oz/Nz guys that come over to Ireland will get a warm welcome and taking for a tour of the quality Irish roads! Hopefully the same will happen if any of us ever end up on that side of the world!!

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:13 pm

welcome along mate :) the roads are a lot better over on that side of the world dan, theres shag all potholes
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:57 am

Bobby wrote:welcome along mate :) the roads are a lot better over on that side of the world dan, theres shag all potholes

Shag all potholes??? :roll:

Have a look at thishttp://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.php?showtopic=5160&hl=
98 RS200z 6MT

Moe
Trc Off

Postby Moe » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:57 am

The tyre companies dig them in the middle of the night hey.. Bastids :P

thunderbird2
Noob!

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:00 am

Bobby wrote:welcome along mate :) the roads are a lot better over on that side of the world dan, theres shag all potholes

Heh heh, I beg to differ. We have some awesome roads in Australia, but surface quality is varies considerably, both in and outside urban centres.

Don't listen to anything the NZ'ers if they complain about road quality - well, I've driven all over the South Island, and if it's roads are anything to go by, they have NOTHING to complain about! Nary a single pothole anywhere to be found on both A and B roads.

alimac
Trc Off

Postby alimac » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 am

thunderbird2 wrote:

Heh heh, I beg to differ. We have some awesome roads in Australia, but surface quality is varies considerably, both in and outside urban centres.

Don't listen to anything the NZ'ers if they complain about road quality - well, I've driven all over the South Island, and if it's roads are anything to go by, they have NOTHING to complain about! Nary a single pothole anywhere to be found on both A and B roads.

Come on Matt, you must have got the good roads. Theiy have all turned to crap after the winter we have just had. I dodge one every day on the way home that's big enough to swallow my Tezza
98 RS200z 6MT

thunderbird2
Noob!

Postby thunderbird2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Maybe I had my rose tinted holiday sunnies on. Still, we did 2000kms of driving, and I was amazed at the quality and consistency of the roads we drove on, both major roads and the more minor ones. Not to mention, any road works we came across were being done after hours, like they do in Europe. Australia should really take up on some of these ideas, considering how car centric we are.

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”