Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Finally got a pic taken

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Finally got a pic taken

Postby FT2DFLR » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:53 am

Hi All

Been on the site a couple of weeks but only got a pic taken of my new tezza this morning

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:44 pm

Nice car mate, best colour too! Get that bad bot lowered. It will look and handle ten times better

Noel

Postby Noel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:05 am

Cool.... what headlights are yours as i don't see any orange, i know the IS300 is like this as standard but did they change it with newer Altezza's???

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:23 am

i was sure i posted on this !

god help the house windows when you go to pull off some day in anger !
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:54 am

Cheers lads

It took me 6 months to find the right one in that color,

There's a list of thing to be done to it, first will be the handling, a front strut to start with but will get it lowered at some stage cash is a bit tight as i had to buy this before selling my other car so i'm waiting on the cash to come trough from the sale of that and then i can do a few things (like get a head unit that fits would be a start)

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:11 pm

I would leave the strut brace till last, you wont notice much difference, well i didn't probably because i lowered with coilovers and fitted the strut brace more or less at the same time. lowering springs/coilovers, ARB's then strut braces, thats the order i would do things in

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Thats the way i would like to do it also but unfortunately my bank account doesn't like that way and it will have the last say.

Will probably order an induction kit and the front strut next week i know it's probably not the best way to go about it but at least i'll be heading it the right direction.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:56 pm

I know the feeling! What induction kit and strut brace are you going for?

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:21 pm

probably go for the blitz induction kit as that seems to be what most folk are using , the strut brace i dont really know at the minute not going to be paying trough the nose for one i'll see what available at the time, will probably call out to couture auto's at some stage next week and see what they can get me or if anyone can suggest a good shop to get stuff for the tezza from let me know

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:50 pm

Leave the standard airbox and get a drop in panel filter. Dont get a strut brace. Get uprated Anti Roll bars like the TRD ones on the page below.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/products.htm

The general concusion from the rolling road day this year was that messing with air intake or exhaust on the BEAMS engine does more harm than good. If you change either exhaust or intake you need to get a camcon or similar to adjust the air/fuel mixture. The standard Altezzas were putting out the same HP as the modifies ones and in some cases better.

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:24 pm

i got my Cusco front Strut from Couture Auto, was waiting 6 weeks for it too. Mine cost me 195 Euro but i think you can get it a lot cheaper online and quicker too. However if Couture have them in stock and you dont mind paying 190

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:04 pm

Gerbo wrote:Leave the standard airbox and get a drop in panel filter. Dont get a strut brace. Get uprated Anti Roll bars like the TRD ones on the page below.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/products.htm

The general concusion from the rolling road day this year was that messing with air intake or exhaust on the BEAMS engine does more harm than good. If you change either exhaust or intake you need to get a camcon or similar to adjust the air/fuel mixture. The standard Altezzas were putting out the same HP as the modifies ones and in some cases better.

Will the anti role bar improve the handling more than putting in a front strut???

in the case of the air intake will replacing the filter improve the performance of the car by much thinking of putting in a K&N or blitz filter from the site above if i'm not going to do a full induction kit.

taught if you done the induction kit and then reset the ECU you'd get some improvement :?:

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:25 pm

Arbs will do a lot more for handling than strut braces, they help reduce body roll which should help you take corners quicker. I had an Apexi induction kit fitted previously and have since changed back to Original air box with a drop in panel filter and actual find the current setup better, the induction kit can make the car feel a bit more sluggish at times. If you get a Air fuel controller to re-adjust to the greater airflow coming in then i think you will be optimising the use of the induction kit. Fensport arent too cheap, and all prices they show are + VAT + Delivery.

Not sure who one here has the BLitz kit maybe thats better than the Apexi.

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”