Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Hello

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Conor Mc
Trc Off

Hello

Postby Conor Mc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Hello everybody,

My name is Conor and I live in Dublin. I currently drive an opel astra which I am in the process of trying to sell and I've been thinkin of buying an altezza as my next car.

I was recommend to visit this site and I've been havin a look and readin through all of your posts so I decied to just announce myself and try to pick your respective brains for any info you guys and girls can provide me.

Where would be a good place to purchase one from, are there any dealers in the Dublin area that you could recommend me or is there much hassle involved in bringin one in yourself. I have the name of one place up near balbriggan that also provides servicing on the cars as well and I was thinkin of goin to them for the car as the fact that they do servicing would be a bonus.

Sorry if it seems that I'm wafflin but I have lots or questions and don't really know where to start.

Thanks guys.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Welcome to the club Conor. good luck hunting and hope you find useful info here. don't know much about garages in dublin but there re no shortage to choose on carzone or autotrader.

The servicing is no harder that any car and all parts can be got from toyota so you will never be stuck for getting things. The altezza is very relaible so there is not much to worry about. Once you look after them you will be grand.

Some of the dublin crew might be able to recommend a garage around you

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:35 pm

welcome to the site mate. Be very careful about garages in Dublin, there's a good few dodgy ones out there. Was looking over an Altezza for a lad earlier who bought it from a well known garage & came away from it with some list! Told him to bring the car back :roll:

Make sure you get it well checked over by someone who knows them before you buy ;)

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:19 am

imo go around to as many places as you can and view as many as you can

then when you find one you like pay a mechanic or dizz to go look at it

i went from a 1.4 focus to a tezza and its great .

dont be afraid to travel a bit out of dub to go see good examples of a tezza .

common faults

suspension
cd players dont work

dont buy the candy red turbo one in dub ....
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 am

Thanks lads for the welcome lads, i hope to get as much advice as i can for you over the next few months.

lee_iceman
Trc Off

Postby lee_iceman » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:18 am

Welcome to the site mate, glad you found it useful so far :)
My Garage, My YouTube
Nurburgring2 2006, lap in 11:48 | Bruntingsthorpe 2006, 1/4 mile in 15.8@88mph
213.3bhp and 247.3Nm of torque

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:21 pm

me again lads, speaking as a complete novice in terms of what to be lookin for what would be a good example of an altezza? i've heard there is an as200 and an rs200 model, is that right? how do you tell the difference? i've heard the rs is the more powerful or is that way off the mark?

ive been lookin on carzone for months and spotted some lovely ones there, i really want a black one cause they're rare enough at the moment. theres a fair few of these z-editions on there too, whats the deal with those ones apart from the funky interiors?

can i give out the name of the garage i was planning on going to and see if the lads know if it has a good or bad rep?

i was badly stung when i bought my first ever car when i started drivin a few years ago, ive been lucky so far with my astra and the auld tezzas are big bucks so i dont want to get stung again.

Thanks!

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:41 pm

The AS200 is the ame as the Is200 here with the 6 cylinder engine (153bhp).
The RS200 is a 4 cylinder and the one to go for (210bhp but not quiet on our bad petrol). The most are called RS200 z-edition. They come in 6 speed manual and there is a tiptronic automatic version too.
The ones with the funky interior are the Qualitat. They have red on the seats,door cards and steering wheel. These have a different bodykit and slightly different head lights too.
You will know the RS200 engine because it has BEAMS dual vvti on the enginecover and its a 4 cylinder. Its the one to go for
Shop around as some are going for decent money these days and like the lads have said bring a mechanic

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:18 pm

welcome to the club

lex looter
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby lex looter » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:16 pm

welcome along head
you spin me right round baby,right round,like a record,right round,round round

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Insurance

Postby Conor Mc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:36 pm

Hows things lads,

Are these a difficult car to get insurance quotes on? I'm 24 with a full licence and 5 years no claims and I cant even get even get a quote as a named driver on my missus' corsa cause I'm too youg to go on her ladystar policy and I'm older than she is!!

So I'm just wondering what sort of money I'd be payin out to insure one and who to get quotes from. Any ideas??

Thanks.

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:33 pm

im 27 paying 1k so far with a rake of mods a mile long but some of the mods they have yet to figure out what to charge me for

the going rate seems to be about 1k .

im with fbd but they wont take new customers with tezza's it seems
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:49 pm

elexes wrote:im 27 paying 1k so far with a rake of mods a mile long but some of the mods they have yet to figure out what to charge me for

the going rate seems to be about 1k .

im with fbd but they wont take new customers with tezza's it seems

thats pretty good! I'm paying 725 for my astra at the moment with quinn but I have a full sound system and after market front and rear lights and a few other things that I havent told them about, as far as they're concerned the car is bog standard. So you told them about all of you're mods and they're cool with that?? I thought they would wack up the premium if you told them about all your addons.

quinn are very accommodating in terms of getting you a quote, i got an online quote of 1,100 with them on a 99 altezza but I heard terrible stories about them not paying out on claims so I dont really want to stick with them in the future so I'm on the hunt for decent companies cause the bigger companies wouldnt even quote me, well I dont think they will anyway!!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Eaglestar 1325 full license for 1 year . 1 years NCB, 25 2 penalty points. Cheapest i could find. Quite good i think given my stats

Conor Mc
Trc Off

Postby Conor Mc » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Dan wrote:Eaglestar 1325 full license for 1 year . 1 years NCB, 25 2 penalty points. Cheapest i could find. Quite good i think given my stats

Yeah mate thats a very good quote alright, my only problem is that ive got 4 points, ive got my full licence for 4 years now and as i said i have the 5 years of no claims.

i might give them a ring tomorrow and just see what they say.

just on a seperate note for you Dan, i think i remember seeing on previous posts that you have HID's in your tezza, are they any good? would you recommend them? i put angel eye projector lamps in my astra and they are rubbish, biggest waste of money ever.

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”