Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Hello everybody

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Fyt
Noob!

Hello everybody

Postby Fyt » Thu May 10, 2007 12:09 am

How's it going all? New guy here, just thought i'd say hi. Getting a white 1999 Altezza in couple weeks, have to admit i didn't know anything about them till i looked on the net :oops: so prob be on here alot picking yr brains!
Unforturtely didnt get to test drive the car prop so was wondering how the engine compares to a VTEC? I'm moving on from a DC2 Integra Type R and hoping it's similar

Noel

Postby Noel » Thu May 10, 2007 12:23 am

Welcome.... :D

rear wheel drive will be the biggest change, lots of fun but you need to watch it in the wet.... empty roundabouts are very entertaining

VTEC has more of a kick in than VVti, but the VVti doesn't really come alive till over 4500 revs so you need to keep it just above that to get the most out of it

TBH the Integra probably has better handling as standard.... but the Tezza is way classier

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Thu May 10, 2007 9:10 am

Welcome along. You will have alot more comfort in the tezza ompared to the DC2. Not slower either really. Enjoy it and stick up some pics when you can

altezzadrifting
Trc Off

Postby altezzadrifting » Thu May 10, 2007 11:25 am

has everybody moved up from a honda to a tezza because im in the same boat as you,have a civic at the moment and im looking out for something special.

Tezzy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezzy » Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 am

Welcome to the party!

I had looked at gettin a DC2 but insurance was a no no. I still have it in the back of my mind but I've gotten used to a snug car now with all the toys might take a bit of getting used to driving something as raw and uncompromised as that! Still love one though, a DC5 is a cracking car as well

Fyt
Noob!

Postby Fyt » Thu May 10, 2007 3:34 pm

Thanks for the replies and tips, firsts RWD car i'm gonna have so i'll try not end up backwards in a hedge!
The DC2 was great to drive when you're in the mood, but you're right it is too raw for everyday use.

My DC2, graphics add 10BHP!!

My Altezza, definitely leave it standard...for now!!

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Thu May 10, 2007 4:03 pm

I traded in my Integra Type-R against an Altezza and to be honest it was a mistake. I had the Integra for 2 years and in my opinion it is a far superior drivers car. The Altezza is too cumbersome, VVTI does not kick nearly as hard as VTEC and compared to the Integra it feels underpowered and slow.

I know its strange :shock: that I own an Altezza and think this way but I bought it when I found out there was a baby on the way :P and I wanted something more practical and comfortable. But the way my head is at the moment I think the babyseat will be going in the girlfriends Punto and I will get another Type-R.

As regards the Altezza not really being slower than the Integra. Thats just not true. The Integra would eat an Altezza.

If you get rid of the Teg you will, I guarantee, be sorry!

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm

I suppose it all depends on how you drive it, ive hand no problems once or twice keeping up with the Tegs, its on the corners where the Teg shines through, handles much better. As you said Gerbo if you need a bit more comfort the Altezza is a better car, but for a better handling car the Teg would win. Had a drive in one for a month while i was waiting for my Altezza to come in. No way id go back.

dots
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby dots » Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 pm

welcome along mate :lol:
DOTS

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Thu May 10, 2007 4:59 pm

welcome along pal, i wouldn.t worry too much about the handling of the altezza yet as you will have to take it handy until you get used to the rear wheel drive aspect of driving your car. when ya get handy at drivin her then ya can look at the handling. my altezza has hks coilovers, cusco antirollbars and strut braces, and she is glued to the road. i'm under pressure now to get the arse of her out, but its all good :D

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Thu May 10, 2007 5:23 pm

id dance on most tegs
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu May 10, 2007 6:12 pm

b4 or after the turbo fitted!!

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Thu May 10, 2007 7:26 pm

welcome along

elexes wrote:id dance on most tegs

:lol: :lol: you've got something under the hood that they don't know about :twisted:

Gerbo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Gerbo » Thu May 10, 2007 8:45 pm

id dance on most tegs

See, a statement like this one elexes made goes to prove my point. The Altezza is underpowered for its weight.He has spent huge sums of money to make his Altezza go quicker. No doubt when he gets his car back he will dance on most tegs but before he got turbo work done, his car was heavier and had less power than a JDM Type-R. How this translates into dancing on tegs I don't know.

my altezza has hks coilovers, cusco antirollbars and strut braces, and she is glued to the road. i'm under pressure now to get the arse of her out, but its all good

The Integra handles from standard and does not need suspension upgrades.

I suppose it all depends on how you drive it, ive hand no problems once or twice keeping up with the Tegs, its on the corners where the Teg shines through, handles much better. As you said Gerbo if you need a bit more comfort the Altezza is a better car, but for a better handling car the Teg would win. Had a drive in one for a month while i was waiting for my Altezza to come in. No way id go back.

I find it hard to believe that you had a teg for a month and would honestly wouldn't go back :?

Dizz
Site Admin

Postby Dizz » Thu May 10, 2007 10:03 pm

Gerbo wrote:
id dance on most tegs

See, a statement like this one elexes made goes to prove my point. The Altezza is underpowered for its weight.He has spent huge sums of money to make his Altezza go quicker. No doubt when he gets his car back he will dance on most tegs but before he got turbo work done, his car was heavier and had less power than a JDM Type-R. How this translates into dancing on tegs I don't know.

Agree with you to a certain extent there but at the same time I raced my old Starlet GT Turbo (that my mate owns now) earlier on the way back from picking it up from westward after getting it set up & tested (200.1 bhp & 184 ftlbs) & he wasn't really pulling on me at all, was well impressed with my Tezza :D

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”