Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

My is200 (Updated 11/02/16)

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
is200gibson
Noob!

My is200 (Updated 11/02/16)

Postby is200gibson » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:31 pm

Well the merc is gone and yet again im back to toyota , and this time for good !

So i picked this up ! I was originally looking for something to wreck ! But when i went to see this
i couldnt say no ! Facelift front bumper 128,000 miles and owned by a 40 year old woman !

However on getting home i noticed it wasnt LSD , Which i was happy about because i knew it wasnt wrecked before
However this car is spotless ! Lots of stuff to do over the next week so ill keep updating this thread :)

If anyone has Vortex Spoiler or nice boot lid lip spoiler let me Know :)
ImageImage

So then i got to work painted the rear bumper , Clay bar outside , full buff and engine detail !

So the springs are in happy enough !
Ordered 60mm ones got 50mm seem to be fine, leave them a few weeks to settle then ill pop the coilovers i ordered
stick the Vortex spoiler on and plates/HIDs Friday :)

[b]So i got new plates , Gave her a buff , Removed the spoiler , Full service ..

ImageImage

Next week , HIDs , Timing belt , diff fitted and a few other small touches :)[/b]

so HIDs fitted , SK20 Plugs , 10/40 oil change and LSD done :D This really is a great car ..
ImageImageImageImage

Fitted USDM sidelights ,

after 3 stage buff and HD wax ,

b]Next week Wheels are getting polished , Front coilovers and 20mm spacers / 15mm Spacers front / Rear and finally rear bumper reflectors ! going for US look :)
[/b]Going for US look !

So heres whats been done,
Spacers fitted 20mm front and rear .. however going another 10mm on the rear ! Full respray,

ImageImageImageImageImage

All Fenders rolled and Bumper going on :D Image

Spoiler God just there today too :D For the top of the window :)

So tomorrows plan is Full HD wax , 10mm spacers on each side of the rear , Fit roof spoiler and then start looking at what coilovers are best :) if anyone has any ideas let me know ! Ohh and get the Bumper lights fitted :D

Roof spoiler is fitted :D .. Back from paint (Full respray off RCC ricks car care)  , 20mm spacers all round , painted the tyres and shes literally 100% perfect , also got wheels and new badges !

Getting upgraded clutch Friday and Coilovers next :D
Image[url=http://s744.photobucket.com/user/Gibmyster07/media/is200/B3A42C87-84B6-4AF6-8888-[url=http://s744.photobucket.com/user/Gibmyster07/media/is200/2595B316-1680-4085-B71B-CE3688642263_zpsdzopudf5.jpg.html]Image[/url]
ImageImageImageImage

SO it was a few week since i last did anything to the car so i decided to go all out

Got myself New Lightened flywheel from Simon Squint on Facebook !
Replaces the 13.2 KG Flywheel with 5.9KG Lightweight one , Hopefully will help with the slow revving ImageImage

Also Picked up stage 2 Exeedy clutch, And a set of coilovers (waiting to collect)Fully Damper ADJ and really stiff ! ImageImage

And sure since im doing those bits said id get the belt and water pump done too ! Image

So Put more spacers on the rear , New belts Painted Calipers and 2 New Potenzas ! Also full detail with Meguiars quick wax , endurance tyre shine !Next week Fitting front lip (custom) , 30mm rear spacers and 10mm more spaced on the front then slight camber and lower another 30mm !

Last edited by is200gibson on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: My is200 (Red tte Lightened flywheel)

Postby banan1984 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 am

Very good job, car is looking like new
D700 / RS200

RS Tom-Hundred
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby RS Tom-Hundred » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:15 am

Looking good mate! Interested to see the reflectors in the rear bumper too as I've got a pair to fit (with LED fogs in ) and deciding on position at the mo (will be low but not sure on how far apart yet)

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:51 am

welcome.. nice clean one

is200gibson
Noob!

Postby is200gibson » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Thanks lads ! Cant wait to get coilovers in !

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”