ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Newbie from Pakistan

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Meds
Noob!

Newbie from Pakistan

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 am

Hi folks,

My first foray into sports cars began with the Toyota Altezza in Feb 2014. It was a 2002 RS200 5AT model, imported from Japan in 2006. The experience has been exhilarating.

Previously I had been making do with engines under 1000cc, and my last car before Altezza was a 660cc Suzuki Alto. Imagine going to 2000cc VVTi after that!

The car was pretty roughed up when I got it - had been repaired after an accident, and have to admit that a minuscule element of pity went into the purchase as well. But now I've got it, and have got to work on it!

- Completely replaced the rear suspension apparatus with another one from a Toyota Mark 2 Grande.
    - Installed a TORSEN LSD.
    - Replaced the original BEAMS 3S-GE with another one with lesser KMs on it.
    - Put in fresh 215/50/17 tyres. (previous owner had a 235 and 215 on the same axle :o).
    - Replaced the center bearing for vibration control on the Prop-Shaft, though haven't completely eliminated the vibration yet.
    - Repaired fuses and broken wires on the fog-lights and power-windows.
    - Replaced a pressure-switch on the Aircon line to get the A/C working. Installed working actuators to get the heating system working. The car had no cabin air-filter as well, so got one from a Toyota Crown to fit that.
    - Put in premium fluids as per manufacturer's specs (which really improved the performance).
    - Last but not least, paid a hefty amount for complete interior and exterior clean-up and polish.

I remain confused whether I should sell this one and save up for a finer Altezza, or retain this one and rebuild it to my custom specifications. On the bright side, whatever I've replaced, has worked fine ever-since. But there remain several trade-offs in play...

In case I decide to retain it, I intend to make the following modifications to the car over the course of the next 12-16 months:

- Replace the power-steering and steering apparatus from a Toyota Crown/Grande/Aristo.
    - Completely replace the front suspension apparatus from a Toyota Mark 2 Grande.
    - Aftermarket coil-overs with adjustable settings.
    - Aftermarket exhaust system with custom settings.
    - Aftermarket brakes - including calipers, pads and disc-rotors.
    - Aftermarket body-kit.
    - Fabricate/modify/purchase the ECU cover as it is currently missing (though i don't know where i can source one from).
    - Maybe, replace the car's body panels with fresh ones either in metallic or carbon-fiber (with no idea where to source them from).
    - Re-badge the car as a Toyota Altezza and not a Lexus IS200
    - Fabricate new rubber-linings for doors, windows, windscreens, hood, trunk and what not. Fabricate new engine and wheel shields.
    - (LONG RUN) - swap in a 3S-GTE or 1J-GTE or 2J-GTE.

ImageThat's not me driving btw ;)

Here's to a prayer that this car sticks it out with me till the nether...

Cheers

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Re: Newbie from Pakistan

Postby banan1984 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:13 am

Welcome! Don't get me wrong but I think this is not 2002 but before 04/2001 prelift altezza. Resize pictures ;) check Your chassis number on toyodiy.com to find out exactly month and year of production
D700 / RS200

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello & welcome :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Damok

Postby Damok » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:21 pm

First off welcome along :D

You will need to re-size the images though. .
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Welcome

Do you have any bigger pictures, struggling to see those ones lol :lol:

Steve86
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Steve86 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm

Welcome along mate!
I'm in the White House

Meds
Noob!

Postby Meds » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:09 am

point taken folks... will re-up [i]properly sized[i] pics soon.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:41 am

wullie_trd wrote:Welcome

Do you have any bigger pictures, struggling to see those ones lol :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Welcome to the site
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Tue May 06, 2014 2:26 pm

welcome

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”