Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

1jz info??

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
davehayes
Noob!

1jz info??

Postby davehayes » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Well lads just wondering who on here has done a 1jz conversion?did a bit of searching and didn't come up with much would like to talk to someone who has it done and what's involved any info much appreciated thanks!

JZZ30
Trc On!

Re: 1jz info??

Postby JZZ30 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:20 pm

I havent done the 1JZ conversion but was searching pretty aggressive to get some information for it.

The swap itself is not that much of a hassle. AFAIK you can use standard or uprated IS300 2JZ-ge engine mounts, they should fit the 1JZ block and place it nicely in the engine bay.

Havent got any infos on what tranny to use but I reckon most of the guys are using R154´s with shifter extension as the soarer guys do, with 1JZ/2JZ bellhousing.
There is as good as no information present about the propshaft. I reckon you have to get one made to fit.

1JZ Ecu and wiring.

Maybe go that route as well because turbo parts become rare and are expensive for that little gain of power.. again I bought myself the 3s-ge Altezza for nothing because its the same amount of work to convert a IS200 to 1JZ as it is with the Altezza.. :|

Maybe you already knew about these infos but I thought I might share my research on this.

rnd_audio
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby rnd_audio » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Roco Proformance has done 2 of them. :) there is alot of work involved fitting the engine and box is the easy part . If you google him you will get a number for him. Ronan is his name

Tyres are evil and must be punished :)

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:32 pm

''Babyeater'' on here has done one aswell..

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”