Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

power fc

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
newtezza
Trc On!

power fc

Postby newtezza » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 am

Hey I'm new to this site. I don't realy know how to use it. So anyways I need a little help. I have a 99 rs200 altezza. I bought a greddy turbo kit for it and I got all the parts and fittings but I didn't get a power fc. It is not installed on the car as yet so I was wondering will the car run 5psi-6psi of boost on stock ecu or will I have to get a next power fc if so what a good choice. Also where I live there no tuner shops or any of that sort. I just want to run boost an prevent detonation/misfire in the engine. Any other modification will be helpful. 8)
Coming Soon:
Altezza RS200 + 2jzgte + r154
-----------------------------------------------
I love the sound of a BOV in the morning.

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Re: power fc

Postby FT2DFLR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:12 am

Stock ECU will only run the car in standard set up it doesn;t even like an induction kit let alone a turbo. So yea you'll need to get a power FC and ideally someone to tune it before you try drive it, the power FC comes with a base map that would just about get you to your tuner and no more. A power FC for the tezza is gonna set you back around 550 or 600 euro and another 300 to 400 for tuning depending on who you get to do it.

What part of the world are you in?

NinjaPower
Trc Off

Postby NinjaPower » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Personally, I don't like PowerFC's... They are old and outdated...
For similar money you can buy a Haltech sprint 500 which is fully standalone and much more powerful with many more functions. Although, I'm not sure if the sprint 500 model does vvti stuff...

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm

I live in south america, guyana I will have the second tezza like this in my country( from the info I gathered/not to sure). We have factory turbo cars like evos, wrx,etc but no turbo cars build form strach. Tuners come in the country the country for races. So I will work with one of them. I just want to know what fc to use like apexi, greddy,etc. I also heard that the injectors need to be upgaded to lager one (not sure about this).
Any help will be useful. Thank you
Coming Soon:

Newerakaye
Trc Off

Postby Newerakaye » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:12 am

i would make sure you have means of tuning your car before you go about converting it with a turbo. i.e a flat bed truck to take it to the rolling road, or a mobile rolling road

you dont even want to turn the ignition in an ideal world without it being tuned.

greddy emanage would do the job aswell as the FC power. i would go with a GReddy emanage either blue or ultimate if you have the funds,

TezzaGirl37
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby TezzaGirl37 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 am

Hello & Welcome! :D

http://www.IrishRaceandRally.com

SilTezza
Altezza Guru

Postby SilTezza » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:22 pm

welcome

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Hello & welcome :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 am

Ok so I got the greddy kit hooked up but no control unit yet just want to know if there is ANY standalone/piggy back/fc/etc that will work with low boost(4psi) without tuning if not please give me advice on one for tuning ..don't worry car cannot start to do any damage to the engine because battery lead is damaged:D. Thanks for all the advice
Coming Soon:

Newerakaye
Trc Off

Postby Newerakaye » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 am

like i said. there is nothing you can do untill its tuned with a piggy pack ecu. or spash out on a hole new ecu. i would suggest Greddy e manage blue as an ideal simple piggy back. then straight on the rolling road

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:54 pm

These mods or also on the car Trust Intercooler Kit, OEM 540cc injectors.Ok so I looked up the greddy e manage ultimate and it states that it works with the greddy turbo kit with those mods. Any reviews on this e manage kit would be great.
Coming Soon:

ESXTEZZ
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby ESXTEZZ » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

If you dont have any tuners or a dyno where you are then get somthing basic like an emanage (piggyback) ecu and do it yourself.
The emanage is very easy to tune and comes with the tuning software, you wont get the gains that you would from a standalone ecu like power fc but you will be able to tune your car.
You will need to get yourself a wideband lambda and ideally make yourself some det cans, you will need a laptop aswell.

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Hey well I spoke to some peole in an evo group and you know what there is a dyno in the town. I didn't know about it because nobody talks about it...I feel kinda stupid now :mrgreen: .Well got the machine all tuned up its way better than it was . I think it now it does 0-100km between 4.5s-4.8s before it was 7.3s. Max it out to 180 it was awssssssssome and fuel consumption is alright my budget. So I got a pic of the dyno results but I don't know how to upload it :( .
Coming Soon:

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Now I'm planning to install a speed cut remover because I feel I'm not getting all out of the vehicle. 6 gear culd handle much more from what I'm feeling . It think that I will do aprox 240km. But right now I don't know what to do :roll:. Don't worry where my village is the road is 4 miles long and arrow straight(not realy but there is no turns on the road very low traffic) so I will have road to do this. Any reviews on the speed cut remover. Thanks every body
Coming Soon:

newtezza
Trc On!

Postby newtezza » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:44 am

Check it out :D
Attachments
320155_3911489620617_1744179865_n.jpg
320155_3911489620617_1744179865_n.jpg (52.58 KiB) Viewed 701 times
Coming Soon:

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”