Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

A JOKE,,, NEWBIES PLEASE READ AND FULL TIME MEMBERS ASWELL

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Re: A JOKE,,, NEWBIES PLEASE READ AND FULL TIME MEMBERS ASWE

Postby tezza mick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:42 pm

An elite section on the forum would solve a lot of problems, certain sections (ie nick and for sale section) that can only be seen by long term members or people that donate to the site and go to meets. It would stop people joining just to sell or use the traders.

FT2DFLR
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby FT2DFLR » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:21 am

As a long time member (well longer than most) and not the most prolific poster and i've only made it to one meet many moons ago due to work commitments, i'd still be more than happy to pay an annual fee. although i'd probably make some of the site accessable for free just to make sure we keep getting new members. Would be nice to maybe getting something other than just site addmission for the fee though something small like a key ring or as suggested a tax hold\sticker

jfatboy
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby jfatboy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 pm

my old club ek9.org you could not post a for sale thread or reply if u had less than 250 posts, that didnt work because you just ended up with T**ts posting rubbish and replying to every topic with 'nice' or 'agree'.

a fee would weed out those who are genuinely into the club, also mods if u get abuse of noobs for asking them to change threads and posts, just ban them! i'm not totally innocent i have been asked to change a thread because i had been lazy, but i did change it myself.

a paid members area would work i think.

i agree with what everyone has said, doesnt have to be much but any kind of fee would improve the club.

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:02 am

Some good ideas. Maybe restrict access to view "How-Tos" & the ability to post in "Offered" to paid up members only

Altezza Club NZ has a similar thing, you pay to become a VIP member to get access to better discounts from Nick as well as access to more sections in the forums. Theirs is only a one off payment of $30 (€20) http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezza ... owtopic=67

I don't mind making another donation to keep the forum going. How many of us did back when Noel posted this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309 $hite that was nearly 2 years ago!! How time flies when you're having fun

daveo
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby daveo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:24 am

maybe a silly question ....but if there is a little fee charged, where does this money go to ??? ive no problem paying a fee but is that really necessary?? i think as a noob you should not have automatic access to the site unless your intro is uploaded, simple out and would sort a lot of problems. and as for the for sales section it should not be possible to load unless you have 100 posts. this is the way it is on drift ireland and seems to work well, with known people selling stuff rather than unknowns. i see people coming along and putting up 20 welcomes in the intro section and that then makes them legible to put up an add. how is that acceptable...thats zero imput into the site. as ya can see i put up my share of for sale adds. im not using this site for that reason or to use a s a buisness...which ive been accused of. ive had 15 is200's over the years and am collecting my 16th one next weekend and its my obvious love of the car that has me on here every day. 3 years ago i organised a cruise meet in mitchelstown for is200 and altezza and out of the 26 cars that showed up there were 3 off of tezza world....quiet shocking!! another thing is the amount of unanswered posts on this site is crazy....people looking for help and getting no reply. there needs to be more interaction on the site and i dont think a fee is going to sort it out. everyone will pay a tenner and at the end of the day the site has not improverd a single bit. so for that reason i think there has to be something else done rather than introducing a fee.
Last edited by daveo on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 am

If everyone would follow simple rule before posting adds would help loads, even long term members don't post adds correctly in the forsale section so how do we expect newbies to :?:

couldn't the rules be made to come up before anyone even long term members post in the forsale section or have it that the template come up on the thread when starting a forsale add

what if Damok had some help, obviously would be volunteers

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:39 pm

I agree with a lot of the points mad on this,

As I've said it needs to be changed to 100 posts for the sale sections are lads do just stick up a load of hello posts to meet the numbers

Template, dammo has a pain in his arse trying to get members new and old to stick to the template, and he gets a shed load of grief for it, the chap doesn't get half enough credit for all he does on the site and he gets very little thanks for it

Fee wise I've been thinking, if the fee doesn't go ahead what if a member say doesn't have 100 posts they could make a small contribution to the site and they would be allowed to post their post.

Small donations for the site allows the site to continue, I presume to get these changes made to the site someone will have to be paid to make the changes to the site, I don't know much about the Internet and websites to be honest

Meets, I've been on this over 4 years now, been to a few meets, helped out with a few, and tried to organise one or two myself and it's a pain trying to keep everyone happy, trying to find the right place, then we had meets and shows and lads that saw they will be there don't bother turning up

This is a good site, I've made a lot of good mates on this near and far into a lot of help me people tried to help people out anywhere I could and I think with a few small change it be a lot better for everyone
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Well said donut46 8) 8) 8)

The fee would go to the up keep of the site, making changes and to get access to using Nick the site trader or at least being provided with a code that allows full members get some sort of saving from him, A lot of people join and just use Nick never post or have very little post count. . As suggested like above something small like a hat or stickers or something could be provided each time someone becomes a full member. .
As for the no replies to questions or problems, have you a link to any of these Daveo, I'm not questioning you I'm just interested to see if the question was covered already or there is a pattern in the same problems :idea: . I know I have sent PM's to members and not posted in a trend, but that's just me :? On the DI front it's a bit different to here because its open to so many more people, Here is an owners club so the pool is always going to be shallow for new members and perhaps not everyone has an answer to other peoples problems.
The thing about the meets, I have got a few meets going and the last one 17cars from Tezzaworld and around Ireland turned up which is a really good turn out for what it was. I got a dyno day going as well and 8 cars were there after 15 said the would . . As Adrian said when it comes to doing things on site we have 15ish members that are active every day and help the site. We have a number of reps BUT only 4-5 are actually active and it's the same faces no matter what turn up at Tezzaworld events. So you can't keep everyone happy. It's hard to get things going when support is slow :!:
On the for sale section I have no issue with someone posting 20posts in the welcome section and the heading for the for sale section, they are with in the rules of the site. Took me nearly 1000posts before I put up my intro trend :oops: What I really have an issue is members with the 100 plus post who should know better bang up a half hearted couldn't give a $h!t trend and not follow the simple template there or they even post in the wanted section and Fill out a title for what they want and then post "AS ABOVE" in the text box :evil: What users on site don't see is other members are flagging there these trends and I have to act by sending a PM or locking/editing trends.

Yes a fee won't solve the problem 100% I agree BUT its a step towards it. as adrian said we need a few €€ to make changes. Perhaps the site needs a few new reps added, perhaps even fresh new mods :idea: but by god it really needs the members to cop on and show support for the site and the rules. Which I will point out were put in place on the request of the members :? Tezzaworld is a great site in my own opinion, I have meet some sound lads and ladies on sites and at meets and have given the grief and gotten grief on here from them and still talk to them through PM's and even texts. :)
As for me getting s@3! I don't mind, you get worse on a Friday/Saturday night :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:53 pm

daveo wrote:maybe a silly question ....but if there is a little fee charged, where does this money go to ??? ive no problem paying a fee but is that really necessary??.

Hosting alone would more than likely be €200-400 a year possibly more.

If the website needs a redesign it will be costly, so its hardly fair that "dizz" has to pay

dezzah
Trc Off

Postby dezzah » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm

I've used this site for reference, even before getting my Tezza and found it be a fantastic resource.

Although I don't post that much this site is always my first port of call whenever something strange occurs on the car.
I've always had really friendly and useful responses to my questions and from searching this seems to be the standard (even when telling people to clean their MAF for the millionth time!) :lol:

So in summary I'd have no problem paying a fee to access some 'advanced' features or get some stickers or whatever :D

jubba888
Trc Off

Postby jubba888 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm

I have to say, I love this site! Full of amazing people and a mass of knowledge.

I was amazed when I joined that it was free, but have no issues in paying a membership fee.

To be apart of this group and to get the info is well worth it.

Thanks for all the help, keep up the good work

Tezza-Shea
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezza-Shea » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 pm

You should just change it that you need 300posts to sell or donate 5euro to the site like most forums these days ect toc-irl and honda-haven

colm2013
Noob!

Postby colm2013 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm

i only joined this site yesterday and realised i made a few mistakes already and got a pm for it!
i agree that a fee would be a good idea but a lot of people mite not have the trust to give there card information out! members would agree quicker if they could see the outcome of it,,,,,, as stated above a hat or key ring or stickers. something small like this would encourage members. i think stickers would be a good one as people would have them on their cars and other owners or non members would see them resulting in more people joining the site :)

i found the site while searching for my problem on google and its the only site that gives proper information and answers for altezzas.

i apologise for any mistakes ive made or have yet to make :(

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”