Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

A JOKE,,, NEWBIES PLEASE READ AND FULL TIME MEMBERS ASWELL

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Damok

A JOKE,,, NEWBIES PLEASE READ AND FULL TIME MEMBERS ASWELL

Postby Damok » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm

First off ALL newbies welcome to Tezzaworld.com. :wink:

The order of business. Today 15/1/13 I have had to removed or edit at least 9 new trend posted by newbie or a fairly new member. Here on Tezzaworld there are a few small and easy to follow rules and Tezzaworld is a free and public site. The rules have been put in place on the request of long term members and I just ask people to obey them.
First thing, Users with less than 20 posts don't have the right to use the for sale/wanted section. Unless they ask a mod//admin or make a donation to site :idea: :idea: Even if someone has 20posts its still at the discretion of the mod and admin to allow the add and the user post. :wink:
Second thing. THIS "AS ABOVE" as an add :roll: . Is not on :twisted: , If you cant take the time to post the correct info on what you have for sale or what you want! ! DON'T POST. I am NOT your nanny I wont edited anyone's trends anymore. It takes to much time. I will simply lock the trend and if the user still persist in posting in placing adds that fail to follow the simple rules. They can take a holiday :wink:
Third thing. Text talk, not everyone on here has English as a first language so text talk can be quiet hard to figure out. I will ask all members to keep this in mind as a number of over seas members are quiet helpful. They are based in or around the land in which the altezza comes from so they have useful info :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to read this :wink:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Re: A JOKE,,, NEWBIES PLEASE READ AND FULL TIME MEMBERS ASWE

Postby wullie_trd » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

I know it's been covered before but ........

What would people's opinions be on having a yearly subscription costing very little say £10/€10 and then you could lock off for sale/wanted sections for paid members only?

I understand its good to have most sections available free for all just for the info that can be gained/given

Just thought I'd ask the question ?

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 am

Yeah I wanted to bring in a fee but it got knocked on the head.

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am

I'd say it's very good idea! Maybe reconsider that decision by voting?
D700 / RS200

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 am

I would pay the fee, more than enough useful info and help on here to be worth considering, I have been in a few clubs which you have a fee so nothing new there, although with a year subsciption stickers should be included when fee is paid :mrgreen: thats what I use to get and some discounts on certain websites but would have to look into that, but would it stop spam yes but would it stop the likes of people who can't read :lol: or understand rules probally not

Couldn't there be something to do for newbies to stop them posting so they have to send there post to you etc.. to check if ok then could be posted and if not ok then they have to do it till it's tidy/right, and need a TOPIC count of 20 before fully unlocked to post what they want without permission, but useful or important topics not just agree or dis agree to others topics

OR a 3 strick policy set to everyone old or new which then they could be banned for 1 month or something

Or again :lol: a page check in for newbies that have to read through it and can't move off page a 1-2min depending how big the page would be before access to forum is granted and have it up till they reach a certain post count

This might be anoying enough to get the point across :wink:

Also might be worth having a text talk post on posting rules :lol:

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Well what I would like to see is a fee being charged. If you pay the fee you get access to the site traders and their discounts on parts and you have access to post in the for sale wanted section provided the rules are followed. . . Something needs to be done because a lot of members are on here with 8-9 for sale trends selling parts through tezzaworld. They don't part take in the site or the odd meet up we have and they have never donated to the site :roll:
Even if the fee was €10 or €5 . . It all adds up and can go towards making improvements to the site or running competitions for members :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:28 pm

How much does it cost to maintain our forum per month or year? What would be then the annual fee for each member?

And then again I think that not only have access to few more things across whole forum but also some small sticker where the name is indicating member that donated or different color user name :?:
D700 / RS200

wullie_trd
Altezza Guru

Postby wullie_trd » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm

Or just allow paid members avatars and sigs!

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm

mike_01 wrote:I would pay the fee, more than enough useful info and help on here to be worth considering, I have been in a few clubs which you have a fee so nothing new there, although with a year subsciption stickers should be included when fee is paid :mrgreen: thats what I use to get and some discounts on certain websites but would have to look into that, but would it stop spam yes but would it stop the likes of people who can't read :lol: or understand rules probally not

Couldn't there be something to do for newbies to stop them posting so they have to send there post to you etc.. to check if ok then could be posted and if not ok then they have to do it till it's tidy/right, and need a TOPIC count of 20 before fully unlocked to post what they want without permission, but useful or important topics not just agree or dis agree to others topics

OR a 3 strick policy set to everyone old or new which then they could be banned for 1 month or something

Or again :lol: a page check in for newbies that have to read through it and can't move off page a 1-2min depending how big the page would be before access to forum is granted and have it up till they reach a certain post count

This might be anoying enough to get the point across :wink:

Also might be worth having a text talk post on posting rules :lol:

I'd second that.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

donut46
Meath Rep

Postby donut46 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm

It shouldn't have to go to paid membership (but I would have no problem paying it) its basic simple rules that people have to follow no matter if your on it over 4 years like I have or only on the site 5 minutes!!

It's not donedeal its not a adds forum its a site where people can show these cars find info they might need and help others out

There is no charge for advertising on this site at least have the decency to at least follow the template end off
QUALITAT ALTEZZA

Please Support Your Club
viewtopic.php?t=8309&f=2

TezzaWorld Car Stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724&hilit=stickers

Aaronw
Trc Off

Postby Aaronw » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:34 pm

I know I was one of the newbies threads posted but I agree with the idea of a yearly fee.
Don't agree asmuch with saying how some people don't partake in meets, I live on an island so chances of me getting to one is slim.

I'm on toyotagtturbo.com and have been for 8 years paying the €10 fee, for a resourceful site like this it's fair enough to give alittle.

To include stickers or a tax disc holder ect could bump up the price a wee bit for the cheap novilty items you get too.

Aaron

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:37 pm

i think there should be a fee or atleast a bit of give and take... alot of people join just to solve a problem and never come back or to sell a car :? its just not on !

TuLegit2quitzz
Trc Off

Postby TuLegit2quitzz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am

Have not been on this site long myself as i just really heard about it a while back and as soon as i got an altezza i joined as i though it would be great to have access to info and advice and what not.And i personally think a yearly fee is completely fair.Honestly i think its crazy that there's not a fee.Like for the amount of info you can get and advice its better than any site iv ever been on.Mainly because the people on here are so outrageously friendly probably because we all have a common interest. Im really busy with collage so dont get much time to read everything i can on the site which is why i didnt even know there was a donation section! But knowing that there is i will for sure be putting in 20-30 euro into it(hope that's not to little?) when i get home next week making a few bob! Just a thanks for the info from everyone and that il be on the site for a long time! But yes im 100% with the idea of a yearly fee.But i do certainly think it would really be cooler and better if there was like a tax/insurance disk holder or a cool website sticker for everyone who pays. That's pretty awesome in my opinion :)

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:15 am

donut46 wrote:It shouldn't have to go to paid membership (but I would have no problem paying it) its basic simple rules that people have to follow no matter if your on it over 4 years like I have or only on the site 5 minutes!!

It's not donedeal its not a adds forum its a site where people can show these cars find info they might need and help others out

There is no charge for advertising on this site at least have the decency to at least follow the template end off

X2

Another mod would be a good idea to give damo a hand and keep an eye on thing.

Wouldnt mind a fee as such but i think the forum is a bit to quite for a fee, and the site is very dated looks wise and the search button can be less then useless alot of the time, sometimes up to 40 pages when you search for something.

It is one of the best sites for info and i fear a fee would kill the site.

Long live Tezzaworld :mrgreen:

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 am

For the site being quite, I think it's busy. Think about it, it's an owners forum
So it's car specific its never going to have huge traffic. I know it has been covered but a small fee could/should weed out the members that
Join just to get parts or use Nick. . I know its good to use Nick and he is a massive help. On other site you have to pay a fee or been know to a mod/rep before you can ever post in that section....

I have asked lads who join to post intros, I have sent them PMs asking them to redo posts and they won't do it, they always have an issue and for my troubles I get a ball of abuse...

I agree the site needs to move forward but we need meets and in fairness we have a few reps / members that are on this everyday and are great after that the others are of no use to the site... Even member wise some of the lads that were at the last meet are the ones who go to them all. There are members on here that come on have a fairly high post count but never show to a meet and never support the site.

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”