Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

What's up?

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
Boost_Boy
Noob!

Re: What's up?

Postby Boost_Boy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:04 pm

Currently knee deep in sh*t. My oil feed lines are as near perfect as i could get them, I used brake lines, and then drilled a tap through one of the bungs near the oil filter, that would fit the exact thread of the brake line that would also go into the turbo. that's 100% okay....
Now as far as my oil return is concerned.
It's F*ck'd, my turbo oil return line hangs low, real low, like exactly as low as the oil return to the sump from the head on the side of the block ( the rubber tube) I put a copper tee in there that was rather large. so i had to cut it a bit high. The only real problem is that... the oil return tee is higher than the outlet on the turbo...

and now i'm trying to remind myself why the fck did I go bottom mount?

With a T25, and a custom manifold. the both of them can not be bolted on together. The turbo has to go down first, then the manifold, then you have to bolt them together before you can bold the manifold to the engine. I wonder If I could manage to finish it before sunday.

I've been out here from 7am (4pm now) and i haven't eaten for the day so now i'm dehydrated and tired.
So i've called it quits for a quick nap until i'm able to get back at it.
preferably with some help.
But i've been doing it alone all along so. meh.
Just an update.
P'm me and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.

roundymoony
Altezza Guru

Postby roundymoony » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:18 pm

Welcome along!! 8)

Boost_Boy
Noob!

Postby Boost_Boy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks! :)

Now before I make a completely useless thread, does anyone know where else i can run an oil return line besides, the rubber hose on the side of the block and tapping into the oil pan?
My turbo's a bottom mount and the rubber tube is dead even with my oil return from my turbo, so any line would have to go up to get there.
P'm me and i'll get back to you as soon as i can.

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”