Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

I'm back

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
lanigan
Midlands Rep

Re: I'm back

Postby lanigan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm

jarocki wrote:any pics of your 220d?
did it cost you much?

No pics yet - might take a couple at the weekend
Sport models are rare enough and its low enough mileage so it cost me enough ;) sport models have all the extras and different gearbox & back axle so they're well worth the extra money if you can find a nice one.

G-TECroscommon
Altezza Guru

Postby G-TECroscommon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 pm

such a class car though! id love ta get one

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:42 pm

keep an eye on the 5th injector and the EGR, they like to start trouble... The 220D's engine is not the mos reliable u know... but on the other hand, there are some good stories about it too, hope you are in the second category :wink:

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:22 am

mlcoolj wrote:keep an eye on the 5th injector and the EGR, they like to start trouble... The 220D's engine is not the mos reliable u know... but on the other hand, there are some good stories about it too, hope you are in the second category :wink:

Ah they're not as bad as people make out - never believe what you read on he internet, any car can give trouble if not used correctly

2.2L diesel engines aren't meant for short commutes to work or sitting in traffic 90% of the time - but because people are using them this way they are getting carbon build up and breaking down.

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:27 am

jarocki wrote:any pics of your 220d?
did it cost you much?

Some pics:

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

lanigan wrote:
mlcoolj wrote:keep an eye on the 5th injector and the EGR, they like to start trouble... The 220D's engine is not the mos reliable u know... but on the other hand, there are some good stories about it too, hope you are in the second category :wink:

Ah they're not as bad as people make out - never believe what you read on he internet, any car can give trouble if not used correctly

2.2L diesel engines aren't meant for short commutes to work or sitting in traffic 90% of the time - but because people are using them this way they are getting carbon build up and breaking down.

I know you did your research maybe. Of course I use the internet for some research and so do you, that is why I also pointed out that there are some good stories about that engine too, the bad things always get online first... I did not read all of the stories online... got to experience them first hand from friends with 220D's and also other forum members/mechanics from the Dutch LexusForum, some of them were indeed used for short trips but most of them were used "the correct way". just keep an eye on it because in general even the toyota/lexus mechanics I know will tell you to either stay away from them or keep a good eye on the things I pointed out above...

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:16 pm

You durty devil..now thats sexy :twisted:

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:57 pm

nice buy chris, nice colour. what kind of mpg you getting? and whats the tax?

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Evelyn wrote:You durty devil..now thats sexy :twisted:

Beats the hells out of the laguna estate lol lol lol

patk wrote:nice buy chris, nice colour. what kind of mpg you getting? and whats the tax?

economy when i bought it can only be described as awful but a full service and a bottle of cataclean later it went from 11.3l/100km to 8.8l/km average driving to work - havent done a long run since the cataclean so and hoping to see better economy then

Tax is €994

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Very nice, how s@3! is the tax system that if it was a year newer it would be only around the 400 euro mark to tax

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 pm

tezza mick wrote:if it was a year newer it would be only around the 400 euro mark to tax

Yep - but an 08 sport spec costs a hell of a lot more and i paid enough for this one :lol:

Return to “Newbies - Check-in here!!”