Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Hello form Tyrone

Please post up a quick introduction about yourself here first before posting in any of the other sections. Enjoy the site
TyroneTezza
Noob!

Hello form Tyrone

Postby TyroneTezza » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:51 pm

How do

Dont as yet own a tezza but did test drive one the other day and as thee name suggests I'm from Tyrone, maybe the wrong section but mods can correct me as i've a couple of questions from you experienced owners.

How do I know which model it is, all i know is the owner said its 2002 with 220bhp etc.. it has a beams black top engine but as i'm new i dont know much else, i thought she would have been quicker but then again it could shift well enough when reved out.

the gear stick was like stirring a bowl of soup and i was missing gears like f**k but was told a quick shift would sort out.

Your answers would be much apreciated

Thanks

Marty

jarocki
Altezza Guru

Re: Hello form Tyrone

Postby jarocki » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm

well first of all they come out of the garage with 210 bhp and NOT 220bhp so dont let the seller fool you. and as many have done dyno runs on here the car is more than likely going to be in the 180bhp range. obviously depending on each car. best of luck with the search. not sure about missing gears. hope that was just you and not the car. i have trd short shifter and its almost impossible to get it wrong. hope this was a little help

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Don't know about the tezza but the lex 1st & 2nd gear changes are pretty sluggish,a common issue with it. Probably worth testing another tezza to compare :idea:
What part of Tyrone are you from?
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

TyroneTezza
Noob!

Postby TyroneTezza » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Cheers lads, any info is a great help

I've untill Friday to let the guy know so time isnt on my side
I'm from outside Dungannon to the Coalisland side

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:21 pm

TyroneTezza wrote:Cheers lads, any info is a great help

I've untill Friday to let the guy know so time isnt on my side
I'm from outside Dungannon to the Coalisland side

Good stuff,the old man is from Dungannon,scotch street. Spend alot of time up there,family there.
As for the car,I wouldn't rush it if your not 100% sure,there's plenty of them out there.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.

TyroneTezza
Noob!

Postby TyroneTezza » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 pm

cheers isred02, how good are the beams engines and tezza gearboxes as i really am new to these motors, I see local i can buy an IS for the same money but they tend to have higher miles, the tezza i looked at only has 59000 miles but the gear shifting is putting doubt in my mind but from what i could see the engine looked clean and sounded good :D

choopz
Altezza Guru

Postby choopz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 am

Hello & welcome :wink:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 am

TyroneTezza wrote:cheers isred02, how good are the beams engines and tezza gearboxes as i really am new to these motors, I see local i can buy an IS for the same money but they tend to have higher miles, the tezza i looked at only has 59000 miles but the gear shifting is putting doubt in my mind but from what i could see the engine looked clean and sounded good :D

It depends what your after,the tezza has better overall performance.(200bhp-tez,156bhp-Is) The lex is more of a comfort thing,imo. As for mileage,the tezza is an import so will always have low km. The japs have emissions restrictions so after x amount they tend to sell them on,hence most jap imports have low km. The is200 is like a BMW,reps car,so alot of travelling done on them in most cases. The beams is pretty bulletproof as is the 1gfe ,I think the 'box does give some issues,just like the lex. If you do a search hre,I think there's a topic on faults to look out for on the tez,might be helpful for you. I'm sure someone here will give you some better advice,as i'm just a lex driver :wink: Either way your getting a great car with that great Toyota reliability :D Hope that rant helps!

banan1984
Altezza Guru

Postby banan1984 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 am

Welcome! Good luck with finding You dream car :D
D700 / RS200

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Welcome to the site,, First off, Tezza's were 206BHP from factoty,, They range like most cars on BHP, I have heard of some making 120BHP when running poor, Some making 155BHP and others making 206BHP.. As for the gears, sounds like there is some thing wrong with the gear box. It should not be that hard to get gears,, The tezz gearbox is tight enough but again each car is different.. Drive as many as you can as they are all different.. Its hard to give advice on the car in question as you have no link or pics and very limited info on the car.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

patk
Altezza Guru

Postby patk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:52 pm

welcome along. ya the gearstick shouldnt be like that. as damo says, go drive a few others. id walk away from it. its a buyers market these days and good value to be had.

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Welcome along!
CAUTION!!....1 JZ Conversion under Construction!!

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

TezzaGirl37
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby TezzaGirl37 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Welcome to TezzaWorld! :)

http://www.IrishRaceandRally.com

Tezza-Shea
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Tezza-Shea » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 pm

wecome

AccessDenied