Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

A Membership Fee

Post up any suggestions on the layout of the site or how this site is run
lanigan
Midlands Rep

Re: A Membership Fee

Postby lanigan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 pm

The site doesn't really justify that price, it's far too quiet

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:22 pm

Evelyn wrote:Sorry I am with Moomoo on this if people see a charge to join the site they just wouldnt do it.

Feel free to make a suggestion so Evelyn :wink: What was also suggested was a level of membership. To get full access to the site if you pay the fee. :idea: :idea: Whats your opinion on this :?:

lanigan wrote:The site doesn't really justify that price, it's far too quiet

Site is dead have to agree 100%, Site really needs a shake up . . BIG TIME.

How would people feel about a pledge bar OR something, I know another club doing it.I hate the idea myself BUT this is an open forum so the pledge would be totaly open to new or old members and would be 100% anonumous :idea:
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 pm

what might work is having a members only section, and membership to that is like 20 euro, when you sign up you get a set of stickers and a Mouse mat or something like that. Easiest way of payment is paypal. I think 30 euro might be a bit much. You can limit certain features to paid members such as selling stuff on here.

A lot of changes need to be made to the forum software for that. Site doesnt cost too much to run, i haven't checked with Dizz since he looks after that side of things. You can get a special badge or something showing you are a full paid member maybe.

Damok

Postby Damok » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Dan wrote:what might work is having a members only section, and membership to that is like 20 euro, when you sign up you get a set of stickers and a Mouse mat or something like that. Easiest way of payment is paypal. I think 30 euro might be a bit much. You can limit certain features to paid members such as selling stuff on here.

A lot of changes need to be made to the forum software for that. Site doesnt cost too much to run, i haven't checked with Dizz since he looks after that side of things. You can get a special badge or something showing you are a full paid member maybe.

Sounds good Dan, I like the special badge idea :lol: :lol: I understand what alot of the lads/ladys :wink: are saying about putting off members but in my opinion a membership fee would improve tezzaworld.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:06 pm

I think the site runs well considering its a model specific car site, there is always some activity on the site when checking active topics in the evening be it new posts to read or other members on the forum.
The forum layout is nice easy to use with some good features

I was a paid up member on the LOC for a year can't remember what it cost and once I was a gold member got a welcome pack which you look at once and put in a draw never to be looked at again and to be honest It's full of info you can find on the site. A few small stickers. A members forum which was quiet as most people still posted on the main forum. And when the year was up I decided for what I got it just wasn't worth signing up for the next year as there was no benefits.

Yearly memberships suck, your gonna basically get the same stuff each year you sign up. How do you police members membership.

Having to pay a membership to be able to sell an item is counter productive and will reduce the amount of stuff for sale,

Imo the forum lay out is great and does not need any changes what so ever !!
The Admin are hardly on here they don't have tezza's any more so interest isn't there so why change something that works fine if technical support isn't at hand.
We have no feed back from the admin about the site

I agree to some way of funding the site but how much money is needed really,
What exactly is the money going to be used on
How much exactly does the forum cost to run
Who's gonna handle the money and other related work

We can't even sort out getting some stickers done let alone financing a car club,

Sorry this may have turned into a bit of a rant but we could have simply got a thread pinned up with the details to donate a bit to the club put up.
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:34 pm

We do have a Donate option on the home page, not sure how how often that gets used as Dizz looks after the paypal account. Webhosting costs, domain name charges are the main two costs and since there is no paying advertisers on here anymore, and then costs for getting any stickers or other swag made up

Dizz had to pay the last fees himself. I think next time any fees re due we will put up a post and look for small donations for anyone that is interested in keeping the site going.

Stickers and stuff like that are all you can really put in membership packs. maybe this year we can have a calendar so have a photo competition each month and vote at the end of the month and best car wins a spot in the calendar for that month. Works on other sites im on, so maybe thats enough to raise the costs of running the site.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Maybe it would be better if we/the club could find out the site running costs off Dizz so we can pay him for this years fees. I'm more than happy to put money in, and then get him to pass on the details of the clubs paypal account to a more active member to run things ?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 pm

Robin H wrote:Maybe it would be better if we/the club could find out the site running costs off Dizz so we can pay him for this years fees. I'm more than happy to put money in, and then get him to pass on the details of the clubs paypal account to a more active member to run things ?

Drop him a pm their to discuss

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:50 pm

I'd be more than happy to put money into the site, thats why i suggested something.

A pledge bar could be better so everyone knows that way how much is to be raised etc :?

The site is in need of a shake up NOT on the design side of things BUT reps and mods to help get the tezzaworld name out and things going. Anyone know how many members are weekly Or daily posters on the site :?:

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:04 pm

yeah mate I agree about getting the name out there and getting more activity on the forum which was also 1 of the reasons I pushed for a news letter to remind people about the club and it's activitys.

I've contacted Dizz, mainly asking if he could tell us the site hosting fees and related fees and also if it would be possable if a more active member could handle the paypal account and stickers production.

I'm more than happy to donate some money to pay for this years site fees and to get some stickers made up.

maybe as a bit of an idea the stickers should be sold for at least double the cost, this way money will be put back in for the next set to be made up and some money is banked for any running costs with Dizz and other items.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah good ideas Robin, I think stickers should be an area reps thing. would make it better for everyone IMO.
If i had a new sticker i could got to the design person near me to get a price.
One of my friends got loads of stickers from e-bay and shes making new ones from the ones he got. The shocker hands for example he's selling them for double the price and they are still cheap. .

Sure we will wait and see what info Dizz comes back with so !

d2carazy
Clare rep

Postby d2carazy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 pm

I can see membership fees turning people off the site rather than making them more active members, a lot of people would be upset about have to pay for something that they can get for nothing now. I agree that something has to be done in getting the site out there and more active as there are a lot of altezza owners out there and very few are on the site.

How about at every meet/dyno day/diffin day the rep organising the day takes €2-€5 of each member there, then people will feel that there getting something for their money. And its not a huge amount in one go. We would generally have nearly 8-10 members to most meet and there are at least 5 meets a year so you could get nearly €250 from that

The site currently gets an income from the merchandise it varies for each product so if people buy the merchandise they are supporting the club.

As for giving out merchandise (TW t-shirts/hats) to entice members, the club would have to purchase the items the same as anyone else as it’s a private operator who is running that side of things.

also reps need to get a lot more active on the site and I include myself in this each rep should nearly be trying to organise at least one event a year either in conjunction with another rep or on their own, from my own experience when I have went to meet the weeks following I have always been more interested in what’s going on in the site it kinds re-invigorates me. Its also great to meet people and to talk, and get answers to questions you may have, as sometime what your trying to say on the site can get lost in translation.

Damok

Postby Damok » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm

Theres Pro's and Con's to everything i guess, And Some people shared interesting opinions. Fair enough a membership fee has the potential to limint members joining. If the site didnt need the money from traders on site, Then perhaps more traders would advertise here with altezza parts or deals
Perhaps a pledge bar is the way to go or make the donate button bigger ! !
I dont know just a suggestion :)

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 pm

From reading through this thread it appears joining fees are a no and i have to agree, i'd never join a site i had to pay first to see.!

I think if we gave members bronze, silver or gold members status is a good idea and can be tweaked about!...
Say you join up, your a newb immediately but pay €10 or whatever the price for stickers is and maybe get upto 50posts, this then entitles you to post items in the for sale thread also(does be totaly abused at times in my opinion :!:) and you get a Bronze status.
Next pay €10 - €20 or whatever seems reasonable to the site, along with the purchase of a hoddy and have a minimum of 150posts(again optional) and your allowed see special sections of the site! (For this i was thinking of setting up a private section/room e.g take Robin's car for example, with a silver status you get to view it inside and out or view peoples build threads...?) furthermore on this, say my garage couldnt be viewed aswell until your Silver?
Then for the Gold status, you must pay €x amount, this would get you the hoody/T-shirt or whatever they dont have and maybe the hat and would give you access to the "private section" aswell as getting the best deals from Nick! Like maybe he knocks off another 5% if possible for Gold members!?

Obviously can all be tweaked about! ;)
CAUTION!!....1 JZ Conversion under Construction!!

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

E910
Altezza Guru

Postby E910 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:58 am

As longs as the Altezza Section, General, Events & Random is still accessible to non-payed up members then the site will still work fine. That's were 80% (if not more) of the discussion happens.
I'm sure there's a few of you here who brows the Altezza Club of NZ/AU forum. I'm a "VIP" (paid up) member of it. We pay a one off fee of NZ$30 (€17). For that we get VIP kit including plate frames, stickers & membership card. Nick also gives us better discounts than normal members. We also have a VIP area that only we can view & post in. The DIY & Garage section are the ones used the most.
Honestly the biggest draw card to becoming a VIP member is access to the discounts, namely Nicks deals.
So if you guys do something similar say €20 to join & get Nick to structure his pricing better for paid up members then I'd say you're onto a winner.

Return to “Suggestions”