Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

A Membership Fee

Post up any suggestions on the layout of the site or how this site is run
Damok

A Membership Fee

Postby Damok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Right another suggestion :lol: :lol: . What would people think of a membership fee :idea: :idea: . Like say you pay €30 for the year and you get a set of stickers for the windows and something :? If you dont pay it's no problem you can still use the site BUT some sections are off limits for reading or posting. Just a suggestion but say Nicks offers are off limit if you dont pay your membership, The garage is for members only. etc. .
Only reason i suggest, Is i'm sure it cost a few pound for the up keep of the site and well we do all use the site .
This is just a suggestion what are people opinions ! !
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

berry
Trc Off

Re: A Membership Fee

Postby berry » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

not a bad idea, it costs a fair few bob alright i say to keep it up to date,
i wouldnt mind paying
great site like lots an lots of helpfull tips

Alex-evita
Altezza Guru

Postby Alex-evita » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 pm

i like it :)
do it once and do it right !!!

Landoman
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby Landoman » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Wouldn't mind if it's a reasonable price. Because here the euro is like triple when exchanging it to our local rate. :?
Life Looks Better When Going Sidewayz

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:22 pm

i thinks its a good idea but maybe for the €30 ya get a t-shirt. more people would probley go for it then and it would also help get the neame of the site out there by people seeing the tshirts
GALWAY REP

Squire
Altezza Guru

Postby Squire » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:27 pm

skuzzy wrote:i thinks its a good idea but maybe for the €30 ya get a t-shirt. more people would probley go for it then and it would also help get the neame of the site out there by people seeing the tshirts

Yea something like a t-shirt, or maybe the TW hat and stickers?? Think the most important thing is getting the name out there anyway! 8)
CAUTION!!....1 JZ Conversion under Construction!!

TEZMANIAN DEVIL!!

TOC Link- http://toyotaownersclub-irl.forumotion.com/u3- http://www.bebo.com/Pip_Dunne

P.D.87RWD
Altezza Guru

Postby P.D.87RWD » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

All good ideas above and would help up keep the site..

tezza mick
Altezza Guru

Postby tezza mick » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm

I wouldnt mind paying a small fee, would you be worried it would put off new members.??

charley-bobbet
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby charley-bobbet » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Yeah i wouldnt mind paying either the amount of help im after getting off people on this site is unreal so i think its time to re pay the favour
like the lads said stickers and maybe a TW hat to seal the deal

Barry
Trc Off

Postby Barry » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Damok wrote:Just a suggestion but say Nicks offers are off limit if you dont pay your membership

The thing about that is nick who provides a fantastic service to us would be loosing out on potential customers which wouldnt be fair on him.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Right another suggestion . What would people think of a membership fee . Like say you pay €30 for the year and you get a set of stickers for the windows and something If you dont pay it's no problem you can still use the site BUT some sections are off limits for reading or posting. Just a suggestion but say Nicks offers are off limit if you dont pay your membership, The garage is for members only. etc. .
Only reason i suggest, Is i'm sure it cost a few pound for the up keep of the site and well we do all use the site .
This is just a suggestion what are people opinions ! !

Good idea

think 30's a bit much tho, who would deal with the money side of thing ??

maybe you could have a few different types regarding how much you pay.
Cheap membership you an introduction to the club with a set of 2 small window stickers.
Mid range where you could get a tezzaworld sunstrip and stickers.
Top range all the stickers and a item from the shop.

Then at least that way people have a bit of a choice of how much they want to pay towards the club

I don't think you need to change the forum layout at all, I think it works well and is quite free and friendly to look about. You could have a members lounge type thing where it is not in public view and you could talk more freely or in more confidence.

Maybe Nick could only do discounted rates for paid up members of the club??
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am

more thought has to be put into this. Some people on this site dont seem to know what paypal is. A lot wont have credit cards and some have never heard of 3v cards. So how will these people pay? do we just forget about them?

Who is going to look after the membership side of things? Isnt Dizz going travelling for a while?

We have old members who got rid of their cars and visit frequently, are they going to pay or should they have to?

It should only be a one time fee not an annual fee imo. newbies wont pay 30euro, if you just logged on to anysite would you pay 30euros without knowing how good it is.

If we need to raise money it should be done through events, newbies selling should have their thread deleted not locked. Dont forget there is a donate button on the front page.

Despite how it might sound, I have no problem paying a membership fee cos this site has being very usefull but some of the above questions need answers :D

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 am

some very interesting points made in the above. I.m on the phone at the min but will post replys once i get near a computer. .

Damok

Postby Damok » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 pm

moomoo wrote:more thought has to be put into this. Some people on this site dont seem to know what paypal is. A lot wont have credit cards and some have never heard of 3v cards. So how will these people pay? do we just forget about them?

Who is going to look after the membership side of things? Isnt Dizz going travelling for a while?

We have old members who got rid of their cars and visit frequently, are they going to pay or should they have to?

It should only be a one time fee not an annual fee imo. newbies wont pay 30euro, if you just logged on to anysite would you pay 30euros without knowing how good it is.

If we need to raise money it should be done through events, newbies selling should have their thread deleted not locked. Dont forget there is a donate button on the front page.

Despite how it might sound, I have no problem paying a membership fee cos this site has being very usefull but some of the above questions need answers :D

There's lots of other ways people could pay MooMoo, bank transfer, Direct Debit etc . .

I'm sure Dizz is going to ask someone to look after the site when he's away, We have Mod's on site, Noel being the longest one.

I agree with the one off payment perhaps as even RobinH said 30 was alot, It was just a figure i suggested :? But perhaps a lower fee could be agreed.

As for raising money through events, Thats a bit of a joke, Alot of members on here are all talk. Theres been 5events that i can think of this year and it's been the same handful who attend as you well know after japfest :wink: To raise money through events it would be the same group over and over which is'nt fair at all.
I have donated to the site and it was the money from the Dyno Day that was left over and i didnt use the donate button :? cant say i ever seen it either. :oops: :oops:

As for old members perhaps As RobinH suggested there would be different levels of membership, Perhaps Nick might be open to the idea of a special offers once a month for Tezzaworld payed members or extra discount on a selected item for members only and they have there own section, This way as Barry said Nick wouldnt loose newbie customers :idea:
Different Memberships (as Robin H suggested)
1 to use the forum
1 to get into different area's (for sale secton/nicks offers/members areas)
Just remember you cant please eveyone :D

Evelyn

Postby Evelyn » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry I am with Moomoo on this if people see a charge to join the site they just wouldnt do it.

Return to “Suggestions”