Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Angel Eyes / Halo Rings Installation

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Lightning
Trc Off

Angel Eyes / Halo Rings Installation

Postby Lightning » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:33 pm

Hi, I was thinking about buying these halo rings; however, I would like to know if you have to heat your headlights in an oven (to get them opened) to install them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190515843097?ss ... 1438.l2649

I watched the youtube video below, which shows how you can install them, and it involves putting your headlights in an oven to open them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190515843097?ss ... 1438.l2649

I do not see how it is possible to install them without opening the headlights; however, the seller on ebay claims that you do not have to open the headlights to install the rings. When I asked for the instructions, he said that he can only provide the installation instructions once I've purchase the rings from him. Can anyone shed any light on the installation of these halo rings please?

tomo
Altezza Guru

Re: Angel Eyes / Halo Rings Installation

Postby tomo » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:16 am

To open you're headlights you do have to put them in the oven to soften the glue up, if you have a search on here there are a couple of walk through guides. It sounds like a daunting thing to do but I think it's pretty easy.

I expect he doesn't want to give you fitting instructions before sale because you either do have to open headlights to do it or because he is more selling the design/way you fit the halos, cos I expect the parts used are fairly cheap to get hold of.

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for ths info. It does make sense that the headlights would need to be opened. I can't vision that it would be remotely possible that the rings would be mounted on the outside; however, I do believe that the ebay seller is more concerned about getting the sale than actually letting me know that the headlights do have to be opened.

m_0_m_0
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby m_0_m_0 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:11 pm

i did mine some time ago i posted a thread up also with it all open and finished job, its not a instruction kinda job altho i did post some notes up on a query like this some time ago. its pretty easy well i found it ok. yes you do have to bake them and its the only kind of baking ive done in my whole life and man as i please with my baking skills.

pre heat ur oven, i think i had it at gas mark 3 for about 15mins, popped the lights in for about 12 mins and prized it open large flat head should do the trick,just gotta be careful u dont melt the lugs so u need a big enough oven, pop the open which takes a bit of muscle but one you got one side apart the rest comes apart quite easily and the same gunk that seals the lights will seal it again afterwards also. pop the halo's in secure with araldite and set the covers back in, bake again for about the same time remove and use clamps to hold it all tight while it cools and sets.

i did my brothers also summer just gone

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:40 am

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I searched through the site; however, I was not able to locate your thread regarding the halo rings you installed. Can you paste a link to your thread please? I am a bit apprehensive about doing the oven procedure so I want to get as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance.

ISred02
Altezza Guru

Postby ISred02 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:51 pm

Lightning wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the help. I searched through the site; however, I was not able to locate your thread regarding the halo rings you installed. Can you paste a link to your thread please? I am a bit apprehensive about doing the oven procedure so I want to get as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance.

It is a pretty easy job. When i first thought about doing it,i thought it was going to be a big job but really easy once started. If your worried about putting them in the oven use a hair dryer or even better a heat gun.It will take longer to do but will get same results. Here is alink to my guide on fitting them and some guide pictures. Hope it helps :D
http://photobucket.com/Halos
http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ ... ntry714163
Last edited by ISred02 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CF vortex generator,eurou eyelids,angle eyes with black headlights,17" gun grey gtr replica alloys,LEDs.
Mission: Supercharged!

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Thank for your assistance. I would prefer the heatgun or hair dryer method. I have access to a heat gun; however, it heats up to 1,000 degrees celsius. I believe that temperature would be too hot; do you think so?

twiglett-RS200
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby twiglett-RS200 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:19 pm

the 1000 degrees is measured at the tip of the heat gun, if you hold the heat gun about 30cm from the light it should be less than 600 degrees when it gets to the light and then only a portion of that heat energy will transfer to the light as it is being blown over it. in other words, don`t worry about it being too hot if you are being sensible.

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm

That makes perfect sense. I appreciate your help.

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”