Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Lights, Wheels & Mirrors

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Lightning
Trc Off

Lights, Wheels & Mirrors

Postby Lightning » Tue May 31, 2011 7:00 am

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I am thinking of making a few modifications to my '99 Altezza. However, before I buy anything I just want to confirm a few things regarding parts for my Altezza and the IS200/IS300:

1. Are the IS200 and IS300 side/wing mirrors the same as my '99 Altezza?
2. Are the headlights the exact same size, (I heard that the IS300 are slightly different)?
3. What is the original factory offset for my wheels?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Re: Lights, Wheels & Mirrors

Postby mike_01 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am

Mirrors should be the same, but depending on your wiring in the tezza as some features like heated mirrors wouldn't work and would ave to be wired up if you wanted them.
The lights would be the same as above as the 200/300 would have an electric adjuster so some features may not work.
Think the standard offset is 42 but not 100% sure

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Tue May 31, 2011 2:03 pm

mike_01 wrote:Mirrors should be the same, but depending on your wiring in the tezza as some features like heated mirrors wouldn't work and would ave to be wired up if you wanted them.
The lights would be the same as above as the 200/300 would have an electric adjuster so some features may not work.
Think the standard offset is 42 but not 100% sure

Thank you so much for your help.

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 31, 2011 3:22 pm

The head lights are different and require work to fit. One or two people of the site have got headlights from ebay and they took a while to fit.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Tue May 31, 2011 3:53 pm

Damok wrote:The head lights are different and require work to fit. One or two people of the site have got headlights from ebay and they took a while to fit.

Thank you for your response, because I was actually looking to buy a few things for my car from ebay. What about the mirrors; are they the same on the IS200 and IS300? Also, can you you confirm if the factory offset for my '99 Altezza is really 42? Thanks for your help.

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 31, 2011 4:21 pm

I wouldnt see why the mirrors wouldnt fit I'm not sure though, but most IS300 parts are american so factor that in when you look, If the head lights are american then the alignment will be to the wrong side.
As for wheels, This might be of use viewtopic.php?f=18&t=475 :?
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Tue May 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Damok wrote:I wouldnt see why the mirrors wouldnt fit I'm not sure though, but most IS300 parts are american so factor that in when you look, If the head lights are american then the alignment will be to the wrong side.
As for wheels, This might be of use viewtopic.php?f=18&t=475 :?

I had already taken a look at that guide, however it does not reflect the factory offset; instead it shows the least offset that can be used. Thanks for all the help nonetheless; I really appreciate it.

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:12 am

take in mind that if you get mirrors from an american is300, you won't see squat... the cars over there are LHD and your tezz is RHD so the mirrors (the glass) are different... Heard several people here in Holland that wanted to transfer the Glanza mirrors onto a regular EUDM starlet... same goes for the lights... in the tezz they shine like this \__ and in an IS300 they will shine like this __/ (I hope you get what I mean :lol: )

mike_01
Altezza Guru

Postby mike_01 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 am

Good point didn't think of the mirrors being handed, although you may be able to angle them enough or get the replacement mirror glass to stick over the top.
Could I just ask why are you putting is300 mirrors on the tezza why not just source some is200 in the uk breakers or where ever you are
found this in a post

Rim Width: 7J
Rim Diameter: 17 inches
Offset: 50
Number of Studs: 5
Stud Diameter: 114
hth

mlcoolj
Altezza Guru

Postby mlcoolj » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 am

angling won't work either... like you said, either change the glass or source some from an IS200 from the UK...

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:24 pm

I have IS200 headlights fitted in mine and no problem fitting what so ever, the only thing is there are electrical adjustment on the headlights which the tezza doesn't have so nothing to plug into them but I've had no problems.
I think some of the later IS/Altezza's came fitted with HID's which I beleave maybe a little bit different on the backs of them but not sure.

All the body panels are the same as the IS200 as there the same car only really difference in the cars is the engine and diff and the Lexus has a lot more electric toys inside
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

Lightning
Trc Off

Postby Lightning » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:26 pm

mike_01 wrote:Good point didn't think of the mirrors being handed, although you may be able to angle them enough or get the replacement mirror glass to stick over the top.
Could I just ask why are you putting is300 mirrors on the tezza why not just source some is200 in the uk breakers or where ever you are
found this in a post

Rim Width: 7J
Rim Diameter: 17 inches
Offset: 50
Number of Studs: 5
Stud Diameter: 114
hth

I am not putting anything on my car as yet. The reason I made my post was to determine the compatibility of my ''99 Altezza and a few IS200 & IS300 parts; so that when I make my decision regarding buying mirrors, lights and wheels that I have no issues. I just wanted to know what my options were; don't want to end up buying anything that won't fit/work. Thanks for all your help.

P.S. I e-mailed Nick and he said that the factory offset for my wheels is 55, so I am not quite sure which offset is correct.

Robin H
Southern England Rep

Postby Robin H » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

you could always take a wheel of and see if the offset is on them
Deals on Anodised Altezza parts.... cooling panels and battery bars..

If you are a UK member and interested in club meets please sign up here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7729

Please Support TezzaWorld
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8309

Club stickers
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8724

Blitz Turbo Altezza RS220
I wish I had more time.....

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”