Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Dip lights really bad?

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:20 pm

Hi, Just got my 99 altezza last weekend. The first time i took it out at night was this weekend the dip light were really bad. I noted the forum ye have posted for HID kits are ye converting for visual looks or bad quality lights?

(I unfortunaly havent been driving as much as i would like I have a weak r/h/r spring the wheel arch is catching my side wall of the tyre so untill that sorted i cant go flashing my motor)

greeneyes
Noob!

Postby greeneyes » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:20 am

Hmmm... how low is the car?? I've never heard of a weak suspension spring and even if the car is lowered the tyres don't catch the guard with stock rims.

So, do you have aftermarket rims with the wrong offset? That would make the outside of the rim sit very far out, and touching the guard would depend on camber.

Are there spacers on the hubs behind the rim? Take off both wheels and make sure there are no spacers fitted, or more especially, one spacer left on the side that is rubbing. We've just had a case of that here, the tyre jocks left one spacer on when fitting new rims and that tyre rubbed the guard away.

http://forum.altezzaclub.org.au/index.p ... c=5303&hl=

Is the camber equal on both wheels? I've seen a lowered car with completely different camber of each rear wheel, and the one with little neg camber (almost upright wheel) rubbed. The one with -2.5deg was fine.

Do both wheels sit in the same place inside their mudguards? or has the car been drifted into a kerb and bent the suspension on one side??

If you bought it from a dealer take it straight back and complain until they fix it!

Good luck-

Oh- forgot about the lights! How is the adjustment?? I've never noticed the lights to be poor, although I suppose the clear plastic could go really really yellow and faded in time, but I'm sure Ireland doesn't get enough sunshine for that!! :)

Shine them on the garage wall and wind them up a bit.

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:08 am

Hi, As far as I know the car hasn’t been lowered. There is aftermarket 18" on it.

When I first test drove the car the lad came with me & my brother & his friend were in the back. That’s when it was really bad. We pulled over & the guy had a look under it and said "not to worry its just a weak shock it the exhaust hitting off the ground I will get that fixed" . Went back a week later to collect car. He said he replaced the hub I am not a mechanic but if it was a hub I taught it would be rubbing all the time???

Anyway I was in a hurry & went off. It was fine on the main road but the minute I hit the country roads it was off again everytime you hit a bump (you wouldn’t believe but Ireland are full of them) you would hear this scraping noise. I rang your man back naturally he didn’t answer the phone. It been a pain to get him on the phone since.

But took it to a mates house who is a mechanic it took one look and said it was a spring. The r/h/r was lower that the left visually. And when he put his fingers in only 2 wouldn’t fit on that side and nearly 4 would fit the other side. She does feel a little bit bouncy in the back.

Getting the springs done this week will let you know.

Any way about the lights its not the adjusting it the colour they are really weak as they are not white really yellow. If I do the HID conversion will I have to change to headlights???

Be patient with me I am a lady!

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:08 am

Welcome to the club :lol:
On the lights HID will give good light on the dims compared to standard

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:12 am

Not to sound stupid but do you have to change the headlights for the HID conversion. Would the coversion melt the headlight?????

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:53 am

No need to change headlights. Maybe give the lights a clean too as they will have faded a bit with the sunlight too

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:12 pm

I have seen a heap of the HID converters on Ebay is there anything I should look out for the range from about $50 - $250. I have seen kits that they call plug and play. If you want you can just remove them at any time.

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Not too sure on the price cause mine came on the car but I think the bulbs should be 8000k I think. My ones are easy to fit and remove. Quick job once you have either the arch liner or bumper removed. Fairly straight forward to fit once you find a place to mount the ballast boxes

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:32 pm

Cheers thanks for all that will look in to it and let ye know how I get on.Thanks

Dan
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:51 pm

What you need to remove the arch liner for Enda? Only if you are putting HID's in the fogs, which i dont think she is talking about here. Kit is very easy to fit, no need to change headlights, its just different bulbs with extra ballast boxes that provide the better lighting. I think 6000K is thye whitest you can get. Make sure you get the right fitment,i think its a HB4 kit you want.

Welcome to the site, nice to see more girls joining!

endapender
Altezza Guru

Postby endapender » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:46 pm

My belloff ones have a big box mounted alondside where the foglight is. The original light plug in plugged into it and another cable out of it goes to the small ballast box beside the headlight. Then from the ballast box is the new cable for the bulb. I just assumed they are all the same.

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks Dan,
Ya looking at ebay & had a quick look at the bulbs last night there hb4 and the strongest is 6000k for white light if you go any stronger they look blue. I had a blue tint bulb (and when i say tint it was slight) in a my previous car before & they way the local force when on about it evertime I meet them I taught I had robbed a bank and killed someone. I will let ye know how i get on with the coversion.

elexes
Altezza Guru

Postby elexes » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:15 pm

i realise that this could be taken up the wrong way but how long has it been since you last had your eyes tested ?

with most people spending lots of time infront of pcs and the like eye strain is increased and your vision can become worse .

just throwing that option out there
if ive helped you in anyway vote for carlow to be the first tezzaworld drinking session

Evelyn

Dip lights really bad?

Postby Evelyn » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:08 pm

elexes ??????????????????

Bobby
South East Rep

Postby Bobby » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:03 pm

wlecome to the site. you should be able to fit the hid's easily there straight forward enough. good light out of the hid's too.
I BEG TO DIFF-ER!!

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”