Image Please bare with us while we are carrying out some much needed maintenance to the forum. New look coming soon!

Full Resray

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
raffo
Altezza Guru

Full Resray

Postby raffo » Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Anyone here ever get their car fully resprayed? Think i need it done but looking for a place, or person that is reasonable but most importantly dam good!!! It's the pearl white (041) paint on her which apparently is a bit of a bitch to get rite. Anyone with any idea of prices? Was talking to a guy i know who works at this and he says that just for the bumpers alone it would cost about €120 just for the paint!!

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Re: Full Resray

Postby moomoo » Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm

raffo wrote:bumpers alone it would cost about €120 just for the paint!!

1 litre isnt much dearer than 0.5 litres, certainly not double the price. A bodyshop should also be able to mix the paint themselves.

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Ye i thought it sounded a bit steep, but he was saying that because it's a pearl finish he'd need to get the white and then the pearl seperately

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue May 11, 2010 5:15 pm

whats wrong with the car? dent and heavy scrathes or just light scrathes and swirl marks.

Since your not changing colours it mightnt be too expensive, like they wont be doing inside the doors and around the engine.

I'd say you wont have much change from 2 grand

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue May 11, 2010 5:19 pm

no dents, just a lot of chips and light scrapes, just general age so would really love to get it fully done as to get bonnet, bumpers, couple of doors, both cills done would probably be as much with the time involved in masking certain bits.

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Just rember you get what you pay for, But some body shops take the pis*, , I got vened wings a few weeks ago and took them to a body shop and was told that they would be hard to fit (which there NOT) , and need alot of work was quoted €400 MIN to fit and spray them. . :twisted:
Needless to say i'm still looking for someone else to do the work. .
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

moomoo
Altezza Guru

Postby moomoo » Tue May 11, 2010 5:30 pm

400 isnt to bad if they're suppling paint. I got quoted 180+Vat for each bumper about 3years ago and they didnt need to fit them or anything. I suppose wings are kinda small though

Damok

Postby Damok » Tue May 11, 2010 5:36 pm

moomoo wrote:400 isnt to bad if they're suppling paint. I got quoted 180+Vat for each bumper about 3years ago and they didnt need to fit them or anything. I suppose wings are kinda small though

I got my front bumper fixed after i broke it and got a full re-sprayed on it for €150.
He said €400 MIN but also he said it might go to €500 depending on how much time it took.
€400 in my opinion is a bit steep :? I have to ask around to a few other guys so will let you know.
Newbie click the link, $ $ $ $ $
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

dmcma
Trc On!

Postby dmcma » Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 pm

i got a full respray from white to blue done on my old legacy inside booth and doors and around engine bays 3500 for that

raffo
Altezza Guru

Postby raffo » Tue May 11, 2010 8:53 pm

€3500!!!......Sweet Jesus.................might be holding off a while on that so!!! :lol:

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”