ImageGreetings! Welcome to Tezzaworld website, unfortunately you are a few years late to the show as nearly everyone has been and gone, there is still lots of useful archived material to read through, not many active users unfortunately, but that’s the way it goes, hopefully you are not too disappointed...

Installing HID kit ....is it easy ?

Anything related to bodykits, wheels lights & other exterior things, post here
Altezzahead
Cork rep

Installing HID kit ....is it easy ?

Postby Altezzahead » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:37 am

Hey , just got a Kit this morning in the post and would like to know is it worth doing myself or leave to an auto electr ?

Or any good tips on fitting them ,
Thanks

eric25
Altezza Guru

Postby eric25 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:03 am

they very easy to fit if they are the right ones,did any instructions come wit them?no need for a auto elec

lanigan
Midlands Rep

Postby lanigan » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Pretty simple to fit, some kits are more tricky than others but they are all fairly simple. just be careful with the bulbs :wink:

Richie_c
Altezza Guru

Postby Richie_c » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:04 pm

As said already its piss easy, dont bother with an auto elec waste of money.
300 rwhp thanks to

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:55 pm

I had a kit lying around for a bit that belonged to some one else so I said I'd throw it in the car for a minute to see what it looked like. Plugged it all in and it didn't work. Turns out that the positive and negative are mixed up on my headlights! Anyone else ever come across this. I didn't bother changing it around cause I wasn't leaving the kit in anyway.

Altezzahead
Cork rep

Postby Altezzahead » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Thanks guys , got a small bit of help today but they are done and look great . Just happy they are sorted now .

skuzzy
Galway Rep

Postby skuzzy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:00 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:I had a kit lying around for a bit that belonged to some one else so I said I'd throw it in the car for a minute to see what it looked like. Plugged it all in and it didn't work. Turns out that the positive and negative are mixed up on my headlights! Anyone else ever come across this. I didn't bother changing it around cause I wasn't leaving the kit in anyway.

would ya sell them
GALWAY REP

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Postby KaTaLy5t » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:13 pm

They're not mine bud and I gave them back to my friend to put in his car.

IS3_FTW
Tezza Fanatic!

Postby IS3_FTW » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Congrats on Doing it yourself and not wasting any money.

Lucky for me, my car already came with HID D2S style bulbs. So me converting to a 9006 HID setup, was a plug n play setup :D
SY IS3
Exterior ~JDM Full Aero Lip Kit ~Altezza Mesh Grill ~JDM Heads&Tails ~RX Antenna
Interior ~JDM Coin Tray ~Altezza Climate Ring ~2IS Knob
Performance ~SRT Intake ~Toyo Header&Ypipe ~Ltuned Exhaust ~Greddy EMU
Suspension ~AirRunner w/Dakota Digital ~Hotchkis F/R sways ~ProLex STB&Trunk Bar
Wheels ~iForged Aero's w/Nitto NeoGen's

kjen
Trc On!

Re:

Postby kjen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

KaTaLy5t wrote:I had a kit lying around for a bit that belonged to some one else so I said I'd throw it in the car for a minute to see what it looked like. Plugged it all in and it didn't work. Turns out that the positive and negative are mixed up on my headlights! Anyone else ever come across this. I didn't bother changing it around cause I wasn't leaving the kit in anyway.

I had same problem, bought a kit and it didnt work so i brought it back and the guy said that the positive and negative on the loom had to be switched and he wanted a 100 euro to do it so i politely told him to "f**k off" :P :P

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Re: Re:

Postby KaTaLy5t » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:53 am

kjen wrote:I had same problem, bought a kit and it didnt work so i brought it back and the guy said that the positive and negative on the loom had to be switched and he wanted a 100 euro to do it so i politely told him to "f**k off" :P :P

Jaysus €100 is a bit steep for that!! All you'd need to do is cut the cables going to the headlights and put a couple of male/female barrel connectors on them (like the ones that come on the ignition and permanent live on the back of radios) so you can switch them around and then switch them back if you ever needed to.

It's a bit strange that they mixed up the wires in the factory though :roll:

brian85
Noob!

Re: Installing HID kit ....is it easy ?

Postby brian85 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:27 pm

im a toyota mechanic and have fitted hid kits im my tezza and 3 others + other makes and never had a problem wit positive and negative. all you need to do is put the connectors on the other way and the work fine. i have never had a problem with any of them

KaTaLy5t
Altezza Guru

Re: Installing HID kit ....is it easy ?

Postby KaTaLy5t » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:50 pm

The connectors were slotted so they'd only go in the one way. You could file the slots off them if you really wanted.

I checked it with a voltmeter (I'm an electrician) and it read -12VDC when the probes were the correct way around.

Return to “Visual & Exterior section”